• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BLACK CAT 50 club

25 posts in this topic

Pardon my ignorance but why does this copy only get graded 6.5? (F+) What am i missing here? Back cover problems? pages are off-white... shouldn't that account for more of a positive grade? What would it take for this copy to be a VF? Explain, please..

i can see some light spine marks above his shoulder?.. please point out the defect.

Bart, you're not alone. That's the main defect I see + some spine ticks / stress but nothing jumps out at me either.

I am surprised not more people have shown their copies. I am sure more boardies have copies :taptaptap:

Here's mine -

BlackCat50.jpg

i can see some light spine marks above his shoulder?.. please point out the defect.

thanks. .

Bart, Thanks for hosting this thread.

If you look closely between the radium piece and the guy's hand, you will note a very light horizontal line that seems to be from a pencil (?). It took me awhile to notice this even with the book in hand.

thanks. .

Bart, Thanks for hosting this thread.

If you look closely between the radium piece and the guy's hand, you will note a very light horizontal line that seems to be from a pencil (?). It took me awhile to notice this even with the book in hand.

Maybe not. I see it in Ameri's copy too! It is something from the manufacturing/printing process. Nevertheless, it is a BCM #50 and I am happy to have it in my collection.

Well, I still dont understand why the copy is just a 6.5.. Even if that line or mark or whatever it is THAT MOST OF US CANT EVEN SEE brings the comic down to just a FINE+, ?? Geez... Since the defect is not obvious, why doesnt CGC give more info for your $60 (or whatever it costs to get graded) on the label.. telling us WHY it's lower than than it looks?

goldinacase/spideyinacase had a really nice #50 that he was selling a while ago. I wasn't doing the Black Cat run at the time and passed on it. In hindsight, I should have done the deal as finding a nicer copy in today's heated PCM market isn't likely.

From his comments in the recent Heritage magazine, Thomas Jane is a member

JaneCollecting.jpg

goldinacase/spideyinacase had a really nice #50 that he was selling a while ago. I wasn't doing the Black Cat run at the time and passed on it. In hindsight, I should have done the deal as finding a nicer copy in today's heated PCM market isn't likely.

I think I remember that. Didn't he have a nice TOT 15 file copy as well? I think I saw that sell on ebay awhile back.

Yes, those were the two books he had. Both were really nice copies. I thought he wanted too much, but...I was wrong. He was pretty much dead on with the market.