• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collection Intervention

84 posts in this topic

My fiance and I saw the commercial for this and she started laughing.

Luckily my GF is actually encouraging me to keep my collection. Any girl who wouldn't accept one of the biggest part of your life is not worth marrying. Either get a new hobby or get a new girl.

I guarantee my wife would be gone before my collection,if she didn't approve. :taptaptap:

Yours and mine both brother. (thumbs u

These guys know what's up

yeah, it's so much more satisfying to make love to your AF 15. :eyeroll:

It's the principle Jeffro. My collection is a part of me,and my life.You don't just throw that in the sh-tter,do you? If she loves you she should accept your hobbies,no?

If you love her do you kick her to the curb for comic books?

Of course not,but marriage is a compromise,I've dealt with her Beanie Babies fad.I mean c'mon a man can only love so far. lol

Of course it's a compromise. However when people state that their "wife would be gone before my collection, if she didn't approve", I think that either they are not being serious or they have their priorities seriously up. I love comic books. I've loved them since i was a small child but they are far from the most important thing in life.

I don't know. hmlol

Oh my God the Catwoman guy has CGC books in his HOT garage! :eek:

I noticed that too.

He has tons of Golden Age books stored in his garage. I don't know how much damage that can do, but I'm sure it can't be good.

Also, as a toy collector, I was cringing seeing how he stored his statues and toys.

I noticed that too.

He has tons of Golden Age books stored in his garage. I don't know how much damage that can do, but I'm sure it can't be good.

Also, as a toy collector, I was cringing seeing how he stored his statues and toys.

:pullhair: It can take a white page beauty to a brittle piece of sh-t in no time.

I noticed that too.

:pullhair: It can take a white page beauty to a brittle piece of sh-t in no time.

NOOO :cry:

So if I sell my car and house and trade my wife to buy comic books I can get on tv or do I just get to hang out on the CGC boards ?
That wife shoulda been dealt with a long time ago :baiting:
I thought this was hilarious......, :lol: until I realized, I had written it :sorry:

Wild Turkey and posting....., be forewarned. :sumo:

this show is hard to watch.. Its gonan be sad when they get lowballed by the other dealers selling the rare items....

I can actually understand his feelings as I'm sure they may have overpaid on their collection (talking to the Catwoman collector). On the other hand, stop putting fragile collectables in a non-temperature controlled room and wonder why it's not keeping!

The Star Wars collector had their stuff together---she loved her stuff, and took good care of it. Hence, she is going to end up the winner on the other end.

I think the show straddles the line between "Hoarders" and "Storage Wars". Catwoman collector was on the brink of impacting his marriage--Star Wars woman realizes it was an obsession but had an understanding husband to help her deal with it. Seeing the stuff was just as fun as going to a garage sale.

I noticed that too.

NOOO :cry:

The man had no concept of preservation. There should be a care and feeding manual given to any person buying comics that old.

I liked that hulk action figure... Well the reason why he put it in the garage was because his wife was a real b@tch.. Seemed like that guy lowballed him with the whole collection of action figures.

I'm sure he was going WAHOO when he heard the counteroffer of a whopping $100 higher. The fact he didn't balk tells me he ripped his testicles from his body with that offer.

It looked to me like the 2 old Batman issues they showed a couple of times were in really nice shape. Not sure if he got the shaft on those or not. hm

In the previews for next week, they're going to have the guy on with the massive 30,000 comic book collection. Even my wife laughed when she heard that amount. I have about twice that many (60,000 to 70,000) and I know there are other boardies who have way more than me.

There's a big difference though. This show is about people who have big collections that have taken over their lives and they're VERY reluctant to sell any of them. I was also very reluctant at one point, but due to a job loss in 2009 I've now turned my comic collection into a business. It's been really tough for me to sell certain books, but I'm still alive and still love what I do so selling a bunch of my comics in the process hasn't been as traumatic as I originally thought it would be. :)

he probably did get he probably did get the shaft on those old batman issues. pretty dam annoying.. well at least he made his wife happy and there sort of out of bank ruptcy. Plus theres room in the garage..

IDK why that lady had to sell the life sized piece and some of the limited edition runs. It would of been fine to get rid of the current stuff.

also when you have those people go to your house they want to get rid of your good stuff and your left with the junk..

Catwoman collector.............did anyone else think his wife looked like Catwoman?????

I think his wife was out of line for the most part. He didn't have any of his collection in the house, why should it bother her what is in the garage they apparently don't use? Was he out of control? Looked like it. Did he not know how to take care of his collection? Sure looked like it. But she came across as just not wanting him to collect.

The Star Wars folks...........The woman was out of control. Not wanting to sell anything at all out of all those rooms? I love my collection but there is always something I can easily let go. I felt sorry for her.

The host I think did okay, but saying that the Star Wars collector "had" to sell some of the vintage items wasn't right. Get rid of the newer items that take up so much space. The Catwoman collector looks like they made him sell nearly everything. Poor guy.

Catwoman collector.............did anyone else think his wife looked like Catwoman?????

I think his wife was out of line for the most part. He didn't have any of his collection in the house, why should it bother her what is in the garage they apparently don't use? Was he out of control? Looked like it. Did he not know how to take care of his collection? Sure looked like it. But she came across as just not wanting him to collect.

I kind of felt the same way watching it last night, but after I thought about it some more I kind of understood why she was so bitter and disconnected from his collection. There evidently wasn't good communication about his collection before they married. And spending money on "things" rather than "needs" is never a good thing for a marriage if it isn't discussed and agreed upon beforehand.

Has anyone ever scene that documentary about the comic cons? The name escapes me at the moment, but there was a great quote about comics and women. They were talking about Nic Cage selling his comics because a girlfriend told him to grow up. The Mile High Comics guy said something like:

"I try to tell people there are hundred of good women in the world, but there is only so many good comics."

It was something great like that. Made me laugh anyway. I don't think I could have married a women that didn't understand my love for comics. The relationship wouldn't have gotten far enough for me to even consider marriage.

Haven't seen the show though. Just my two scents on the topic.