• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did a Postal Employee steal my "registered" comic?

303 posts in this topic

The signature is not mine (obviously) and is not even a forgery of my name. I don't have a clue as to who it might be.

Are you able to decipher the signature?

I can't decipher the signature. Maybe I'll post a photo and let you guys help me decipher it.

I still haven't filed a police report because I'm waiting for the PO to get back to me first (they said they would call me today and didn't).

I have tomorrow off so I'm going to wait for my carrier and ask him what happened and who signed it. i was at work today so I couldn't be here when he dropped off todays mail.

I will try to reach a HUMAN at the PO website (frustrating site when you want to talk to someone)

If nothing becomes clearer I guess I will file a police report tomorrow too.

Marie and then something that ends in "defleur". Looks like "Ab" then an "l" then "defleur".

What's the difference between the two lines on the form? There's a signature on the second line--what's written on the line above it, what is that space for on the form?

At first I thought the last name was intentionally gibberish--it almost looks like the first few letters of the alphabet, i.e. abcdefghi. Can't rule that out, but I'm thinking that's not it.

I had a thought the the "Ab" meant "absent" and then the "I" is just a slash, and the next word is "delivery". Something like "Absent/delivery" I may be reaching, but I'm struggling to decipher it.

The top signature is tough to make out.

I sure hope I can talk to my delivery person tomorrow. The more days that go by, the less chance they have to remember my package.

I had a thought the the "Ab" meant "absent" and then the "I" is just a slash, and the next word is "delivery". Something like "Absent/delivery" I may be reaching, but I'm struggling to decipher it.

I sure hope I can talk to my delivery person tomorrow. The more days that go by, the less chance they have to remember my package.

i was thinking it was a slash, you may be onto something with that

Is there a very small horizontal mark at the top of the slash as you would put at the top--and the bottom, which I don't see here--of a capital "i"?

I agree though, slash seems most likely, but I don't understand why they'd put that there. hm

Is there a very small horizontal mark at the top of the slash as you would put at the top--and the bottom, which I don't see here--of a capital "i"?

but these machine are so and dont really mark what you write the first time so maybe he/she went over the lines?

I don't have Photoshop. Can someone adjust the levels on this to give us a more readable signature?

Howzabout this?

128527.jpg.273e04a2e8b2220dcb9c66755f237036.jpg