• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cerebus #1 First Print VG - F $500 FIRST PRINT

92 posts in this topic

All I can say is that I know someone who has owned a comic book store for 15 years plus and has worked with Dave Sim both at Now and Than Comics and through selling items on consignment for Dave.

One day he got a letter in the mail from Dave Sim. (this was after they had a coffee date where Dave discussed Glamourpuss and his goals with that book) The letter said that unless the store owner went online and signed the petition that Dave Sim is not a Misogynist. There was also a written ps note about how Dave would still say hi to him if they ever ran into each other around town...

Anyways the store owner never signed the petition and Dave soon after sent someone to the store to ask for the items on consignment. (not big items, I think they were just Diamondback cards and a few other odd ball things.)

The owner said "dave can come here himself" or something to that extent and since hasn't heard from Dave.

If you google dave sim Misogynist you get a lot of weird stories.

All I can say is that I know someone who has owned a comic book store for 15 years plus and has worked with Dave Sim both at Now and Than Comics and through selling items on consignment for Dave.

One day he got a letter in the mail from Dave Sim. (this was after they had a coffee date where Dave discussed Glamourpuss and his goals with that book) The letter said that unless the store owner went online and signed the petition that Dave Sim is not a Misogynist. There was also a written ps note about how Dave would still say hi to him if they ever ran into each other around town...

Anyways the store owner never signed the petition and Dave soon after sent someone to the store to ask for the items on consignment. (not big items, I think they were just Diamondback cards and a few other odd ball things.)

The owner said "dave can some here himself" or something to that extent and since hasn't heard from Dave.

Well all i can say is unless you can some here yourself too i will also. But ill still say o o o when i see you post around.

I have heard a lot about Harry, the guy who owned Now and Than comics. He let Dave work in the store and published the book out of Kitchener.

It really does come down to lazyness / it was the late 70s!

Now and Then was the oldest running comic book store in Canada, right here in Kitchener, Ontario.

It was a mecca of killer, quality material...the stories I hear about what went through that store - Neal Adams cover to Batman #232, perfect Mint copies of stuff like Showcase #1, X-men #1, early Detectives - the stories are sometimes almost hard to believe. People used to drive in from all over in a 100 mile radius just to visit.

My buddy ran that store as manager until he opened his own store after Harry passed away.

Also, I think the story about the signing of the paper for Dave Sims is basically accurate.

I have heard a lot about Harry, the guy who owned Now and Than comics. He let Dave work in the store and published the book out of Kitchener.

Now and Then was the oldest running comic book store in Canada, right here in Kitchener, Ontario.

It was a mecca of killer, quality material...the stories I hear about what went through that store - Neal Adams cover to Batman #232, perfect Mint copies of stuff like Showcase #1, X-men #1, early Detectives - the stories are sometimes almost hard to believe. People used to drive in from all over in a 100 mile radius just to visit.

My buddy ran that store as manager until he opened his own store after Harry passed away.

Also, I think the story about the signing of the paper for Dave Sims is basically accurate.

Not that it means much nowadays, but the wikipedia article on Dave Sims explicitly mentions him asking people to sign waiver's or something saying he isn't a misogynist.

Dave used to come into my buddy's store regularly until this all happened. He had a comic pull list.

Shameless plug in Linguiniii's thread for my buddy's store in case anyone is in the area. It's a great piece of local comic book history.

Richard Comely (of Captain Canuck fame) is also a regular there.

Carry on.

:insane:

What comics did he read lmfao.

I have no idea. I was never a Cerebus reader so I was never really exposed to Sim. I hung out around him at a Toronto Con in 2004 or 2005 at an afterparty and that was my only experience with him.

Quite honestly, I was out of collecting for nearly a decade before that so I didn't even know who he was and why people were making a fuss around him at the time.

lol

What comics did he read lmfao.

I have no idea. I was never a Cerebus reader so I was never really exposed to Sim. I hung out around him at a Toronto Con in 2004 or 2005 at an afterparty and that was my only experience with him.

Quite honestly, I was out of collecting for nearly a decade before that so I didn't even know who he was and why people were making a fuss around him at the time.

lol

Pretty funny story man! Thanks for sharing :whee:

Pretty loose use of the term "Friend" Roy.

Last Time I saw you in the store (last week) you grabbed his . He's single too right?

Pretty sure you guys are more than friends. Buts thats just speculation.

:news: UPDATE :news:

So here is what I am now offering.

Cerebus #1 First Print

Condition - Between a Very Good and a Fine. Too good to be a Very Good not good enough to be a Fine. About a 5.0 on the CGC Scale. - Unsigned. UNSIGNED.

:news: Bonus: Free Copy of NM Glamourpuss #1 Fashion Industry Preview Edition limited to 1000. Signed by Dave Sim (to Jen, so you know a girl touched it at some point, so there is added value there!)

Price - $480 SHIPPED

Below are scans of the nice little bundle.

Bonus Book

KGrHqFHJEYETF80djDBP68pd4Tg60_57.jpg

The Ringer

IMG_0006-1.jpg

I also have updated my Heavy Metal #1 Sales forum with new prices that are kind of jaw dropping.

:news: UPDATE :news:

So here is what I am now offering.

Cerebus #1 First Print

Condition - Between a Very Good and a Fine. Too good to be a Very Good not good enough to be a Fine. About a 5.0 on the CGC Scale. - Unsigned. UNSIGNED.

:news: Bonus: Free Copy of NM Glamourpuss #1 Fashion Industry Preview Edition limited to 1000. Signed by Dave Sim (to Jen, so you know a girl touched it at some point, so there is added value there!)

:news: :news: AND Bonus: ANOTHER FREE COPY OF GLAMOURPUSS #1 this being the exclusive Comics Preview edition - Signed by Dave Sim in VF - NM + condition.

Price - $480 SHIPPED

Below are scans of the nice little bundle.

Bonus Book

KGrHqFHJEYETF80djDBP68pd4Tg60_57.jpg

and :news: additional bonus book :news:

KGrHqNhsEmkNEndBP-3bpUIQ60_57.jpg

The Ringer

IMG_0006-1.jpg

I also have updated my Heavy Metal #1 Sales forum with new prices that are kind of jaw dropping.