• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cerebus #1 First Print VG - F $500 FIRST PRINT

92 posts in this topic

Normal rules apply,

Just the one book today - have a few guys who have been looking for this book that I now have to message. First :takeit: gets it unless I don't like you, which isn't very likely because I like everyone!

Price - $480

Condition: 5.0 Better than a Very Good but less than a Fine. See Scans, ect.

No Time Payments

Shipping to Canada - $10

Shipping to US - $20 Tracked ect.

I put a Cerebus 1 on ebay a month ago and was asked to take it off ebay for a idiotic price two days after I listed it. So, This is a rare book.

Also, this book walked into a Kitchener, Ontario Comic book store and a guy was selling it. So it is very surprising that this book is NOT signed by Dave Sim. It is actually the first one I have every touched that wasn't signed by him.

Front

IMG_0006-1.jpg

Back

IMG_0007-1.jpg

This is one tough book to find.

Print run of 3000 if memory serves, lots of 'em probably pitched, I bet I don't see more than one of these every two or three years.

Bought my first copy off the news stand for a buck when it was new, sold it for stupid money when I was working on a downpayment for a house, and durned if I didn't buy 1 through 160 or so at an estate auction a few years ago.... for $35 for the lot. You may now applaud.

I've never seen one at a store (Well, not since it was new, lol ) , and damned seldom at the shows in the midwest.

SOMEbody needs to snap this one up.

:popcorn:

I'm actually enjoying learning new things about this book lol

What do you mean they left the back plate on too long?

I don't know how books are made.

keeping that in mind, I know it was a plate issue that resulted in the line on the back of the book. But thats really all I know. I can only assume its because it was heavy inked or something along those lines.

keeping that in mind, I know it was a plate issue that resulted in the line on the back of the book. But thats really all I know. I can only assume its because it was heavy inked or something along those lines.

That is pretty interesting. I guess Dave Sim printed them, said Fudge it, and just sold them as is lol

That is pretty interesting. I guess Dave Sim printed them, said Fudge it, and just sold them as is lol

I have heard a lot about Harry, the guy who owned Now and Than comics. He let Dave work in the store and published the book out of Kitchener.

It really does come down to lazyness / it was the late 70s!

I am now also going to throw in a copy of Glamourpuss #1 Gold edition signed by Dave Sim.

Want Cerebus #1? Get Glamourpuss #1 as well.

Its this copy btw - http://www.ebay.com/itm/140786586381?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_982wt_657

Also, we're talking about Dave Sim.

A guy who won't talk to you in person unless you sign a wavor saying you agree about him not being a misogynist. (which, btw, he is)

I am now also going to throw in a copy of Glamourpuss #1 Gold edition signed by Dave Sim.

Its this copy btw - http://www.ebay.com/itm/140786586381?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_982wt_657

Isn't that just a preview of glamourpuss 1? lol

It is a Preview. in the sense that it reprints the entire issue #1 and was numbered and limited to 1000. Its called the "Fashion Industry preview" which is just Dave trying to pull a terrible joke.

Isn't that just a preview of glamourpuss 1? lol

It is a Preview. in the sense that it reprints the entire issue #1 and was numbered and limited to 1000. Its called the "Fashion Industry preview" which is just Dave trying to pull a terrible joke.

I really don't understand him (shrug)