• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's happening to your books?

What I'm doing with my collection  

378 members have voted

1. 1. What I'm doing with my collection

59 posts in this topic

If I happen to outlive my wife, I think I'll sell them at some point right before the end and get me a roomful of hookers and pay a bonus to any girl who can instigate a heart attack.

I hear you brother nothing like going out on a 21 "F" salute!

:headbang:

viking funeral

Now that's genius! :applause:

For me, my daughter wants the Barks Uncle Scrooge and Four Color issues. No one close to me is especially interested in any of my EC, Fiction House etc, so I'll probably sell that off when the time comes so they won't be a nuisance for anyone.

Everything else (moderns back to SA) is being sold off slowly now to buy more GA.

[font:Book Antiqua]Part of my collection it’s going to fund my retirement,

part its going to my brother/family/ partner,

and part to Hero Initiative ( I just owe those guys BIG TIME)[/font]

(thumbs u

I have decided to try and buy as many Batman #1's as possible and the moment before I die burn them all.

Please put that on Youtube.

#1: "Burn!! Burn!! Burn them all!!!

#2: "Uhm..is he dead?"

#3: "Let's burn them.."

#2: "Get the heck out of here!! They're going on Ebay!!"

I'm leaving it to my Grandson. (thumbs u

+1

I don't have any yet, but the theory is not without merit...., :think:

The books will go to my daughters, if they have any interest in them. Otherwise, I was thinking about donating them to a university library with a serious interest in comic art. Bowling Green State, maybe.

Ah screw it. I will probably just go somewhere tropical and drink my books.

It's an interesting question. Hardly fair to saddle your spouse or kids with a large collection that they may not want, that requires a great deal of expertise to sell for anywhere near real value.

I've built an inventory of my collection with price paid and approximate market value. Also a short list of dealers I would trust to pay a reasonable wholesale price for the collection.

If I have my druthers I will sell the last book in my collection, ship it out and keel over the next day.

If I happen to outlive my wife, I think I'll sell them at some point right before the end and get me a roomful of hookers and pay a bonus to any girl who can instigate a heart attack.

Be sure you specify the method.

yeah. otherwise, she might just get you a job as Chick-fil-A public relations.

I'm leaving it to my Grandson. (thumbs u

+1

I don't have any yet, but the theory is not without merit...., :think:

Of course if an emergency arises, if our retirement needs help, or if I feel like trying crack, they're there.