• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*Closed* Ebas Blank Sketch Cover Op

255 posts in this topic

Last update I got (7/28/2013)

Unfortunately I don't have a real update yet. I just know they were not completed at SDCC and he is still working on completing his commission list.

I think a more specific depiction on what the status of the 9 left are is appropriate at this point - 4 done, 3 laid out, etc. I understand that he doesn't want to send scans of each until they are done; that's fine - I would just like to know that these are on the top of his commission list to get done.

To my knowledge everyone has already paid for their sketches for this opp. 10 people at $600 a sketch so far only the black cat for Rafael was competed. So at the moment this opp is short 9 sketches or $5400.

I think if there are others that are done people wouldn't be so worried if they could see them. Its the lack of information more than anything that probably has people upset. Eric is a busy artist in demand so I am sure he has a commission list, published work, and then this project on the side. A year isn't a long wait for a busy artist. I have a sketch opp right now that will be closing in on a year this winter. We will be lucky if they are all done before that deadline. But to keep everyone calm and let them know stuff is being done I show a sketch when they are completed.

I have another opp starting in the next month with a huge artist that is expected to take a 6 month to well past a year for 10 covers to be done. I explained this to everyone in advance so no one would stress. I think a few more updates and some better communication by Mitch would go a long way in smoothing things over on this opp.

To my knowledge everyone has already paid for their sketches for this opp. 10 people at $600 a sketch so far only the black cat for Rafael was competed. So at the moment this opp is short 9 sketches or $5400.

This is way worse than the AC one I am involved in. More $ and a bigger name. This thread should not say closed in the title. That is the first problem. It is far from closed.

Where is Mitch???? If people paid him upfront, then Mitch is responsible. I will avoid EBAS from now on. Period.

Sorry for everyone involved but sitting back and not saying anything does not inform people of what is going on. I learned from that in the AC opp. EBAS can work on these at shows instead of taking on more commissions. Both are wrong (Mitch and EBAS) and trying to cover up is worse. It takes EBAS 2-3 hours at a show to do a sketch cover. I have watched him.

Why has there been a lack of communication with the buyers??

I think if there are others that are done people wouldn't be so worried if they could see them. Its the lack of information more than anything that probably has people upset. Eric is a busy artist in demand so I am sure he has a commission list, published work, and then this project on the side. A year isn't a long wait for a busy artist. I have a sketch opp right now that will be closing in on a year this winter. We will be lucky if they are all done before that deadline. But to keep everyone calm and let them know stuff is being done I show a sketch when they are completed.

I have another opp starting in the next month with a huge artist that is expected to take a 6 month to well past a year for 10 covers to be done. I explained this to everyone in advance so no one would stress. I think a few more updates and some better communication by Mitch would go a long way in smoothing things over on this opp.

I'll be saving.

Still waiting on mine it was 95% complete last I saw it so I went ahead & paid for it, hopefully will get it this year :wishluck: Got the frame & wall space already setup for it.

Hi just a few questions if you dont mind.......how did you know that yours is 95% complete? Did anybody contacted you? Also when did EBAS started yours?

I'm also one of the few that's waiting for a year........

***This is now closed. There are no more spots and I have so many people on the reserve list that I cannot add anymore. Thanks and sorry that not everyone who wanted in was able to***

Also just so there are no surprises, every piece that Ebas is doing in this sketch op will be personalized to the buyer. So if you are not ok with that than this op is not for you.

List of people confirmed for this sketch op:

1:dscott (Confirmed)

2:comicjunkie (Confirmed)

3:Mad-dogz(Confirmed)

4:builtnotborn(Confirmed)

5:AndyBoBo (Confirmed)

6:Skynwalker (Confirmed)

7:combiner1 (Confirmed)

8:RavenX-13 (Confirmed)

9: LustJaw (Confirmed)

10:AnhDepTrai (Confirmed)

This is the list of participants in the Opp. rtecbot may be talking about a commission he set up himself?

Different commission, waited on the sketch at convention but just ran out of time, Ebas had to catch the airport shuttle.

I took a pic of it somewhere I need to email it to him to see if he still has it. I should have just kept the sketch & brought it to the next show. It was just on paper not like I could get it slabbed anyway.

***This is now closed. There are no more spots and I have so many people on the reserve list that I cannot add anymore. Thanks and sorry that not everyone who wanted in was able to***

Also just so there are no surprises, every piece that Ebas is doing in this sketch op will be personalized to the buyer. So if you are not ok with that than this op is not for you.

List of people confirmed for this sketch op:

1:dscott (Confirmed)

2:comicjunkie (Confirmed)

3:Mad-dogz(Confirmed)

4:builtnotborn(Confirmed)

5:AndyBoBo (Confirmed)

6:Skynwalker (Confirmed)

7:combiner1 (Confirmed)

8:RavenX-13 (Confirmed)

9: LustJaw (Confirmed)

10:AnhDepTrai (Confirmed)

This is the list of participants in the Opp. rtecbot may be talking about a commission he set up himself?

I realized that rtecbot was talking about a different commission, that's why I asked when. Maybe I should have asked how.......

Doug, Sorry bro I thought you had got yours... And man I cant just write this one off, Work too hard for my money and I don't sell much of the work I do get.

But man this Stinks! 10-11 people that payed between $500-600 giving a total of around $5,500.00 Dollars! That to me is FRAUDULENT even if he has produced ONE.

I definitely didn't sign up for a 10 year wait... I was lead to believe that this would be done by Las Vegas con.

I asked Mitchel Rossiter for a refund a while ago (10/03/13) and got a response on the 03/04/13

After talking with Eric Basaldua saying, "Unfortunately there will be no refunds. He said he is finishing them up and you are free to sell yours after you receive it if you no longer want it"

So he take's all this money and we are left waiting until...?

So what can be done about this????

Is anyone going to a Comic Con were Eric is attending?

Does anyone have Ebas direct email? or his art rep's email.

There are lessons here and in the Castrillo opp.

I think it would be a very good idea if sketch opps needed to give an approximate time of delivery, and (more importantly) there should be a general rule that if a certain amount of time has passed and the piece has not been completed (or, say, inked as opposed to simply laid out or pencilled) then the participants should have the opportunity to request their money back.

It's unacceptable that people can be in a position where they've handed over money, all indications are the pieces haven't been started, and the response from the person who organised the opp is "tough, you just have to wait".

I'd like to think that Mitch would respond in this thread but it doesn't appear that he's posted since June.

FAOD, I am not involved in this opp but I do participate in sketch opps on the boards and stuff like this reduces trust and looks really bad for new members.

Someone who is good at creating groups on Facebook should start one about artists to watch out for in regards to commissions.

Social Media is a great way to light a fire under the of an artist who is actively working in the industry and doesn't want to be getting bad press.

Stuff like this makes me want Balent to tighten the reigns in even at the expense of missing out on what is a perceived good opportunity. I really hated I missed this opp for days. Guess I got mine by getting in on a Castrillo piece.

Someone who is good at creating groups on Facebook should start one about artists to watch out for in regards to commissions.

Social Media is a great way to light a fire under the of an artist who is actively working in the industry and doesn't want to be getting bad press.

My own personal way of lighting a fire is asking for a refund. Because let me tell you, the last thing an artist wants to do is refund your money