• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What does everyone think of signature series?

173 posts in this topic

One thing I know for sure is that what I collect rocks, what you collect SUCKS!!!

I collect rocks and you collect sucks.

Need I point out that a good suck is more likely to keep you warm at night than a good rock?

Well as usual I am disappointed. I have found a few threads I would like to comment in.But as usual seems no one can have a decent discussion or ask a question without there causing some sort of war on words.

All I can say is we are all individuals. No two people see things the same way. So no one is right or wrong.But there is such a thing as a valid discussion which does not be-little the other persons point of view. I read a-lot of threads here. With people wanting to discuss interesting things. Wanting an opinion. This is why I general will not post as this is all I see is each discussion being ruined.

I am sure I will be told off for this comment. But I think one should take a stand as from where I sit reading posts from here sometimes it seems like bullying,

Maybe more would participate if they felt welcomed to participating in the discussions and learning something.

Oh and by the way I do have an opinion on the signature series. I enjoy collecting covers from my favorite artist and have the cover signed by him.

So just like some others have stated I do that for me. Because that`s what I like.

Does not make me wrong or right. It makes me , ME and my collection.

Actually that`s how I began my comic collection. Which has spread from there to other covers and series I enjoy.

Now I will get off my soap box thanks for listening:)

Well as usual I am disappointed. I have found a few threads I would like to comment in.But as usual seems no one can have a decent discussion or ask a question without there causing some sort of war on words.

All I can say is we are all individuals. No two people see things the same way. So no one is right or wrong.But there is such a thing as a valid discussion which does not be-little the other persons point of view. I read a-lot of threads here. With people wanting to discuss interesting things. Wanting an opinion. This is why I general will not post as this is all I see is each discussion being ruined.

I am sure I will be told off for this comment. But I think one should take a stand as from where I sit reading posts from here sometimes it seems like bullying,

Maybe more would participate if they felt welcomed to participating in the discussions and learning something.

Oh and by the way I do have an opinion on the signature series. I enjoy collecting covers from my favorite artist and have the cover signed by him.

So just like some others have stated I do that for me. Because that`s what I like.

Does not make me wrong or right. It makes me , ME and my collection.

Actually that`s how I began my comic collection. Which has spread from there to other covers and series I enjoy.

Now I will get off my soap box thanks for listening:)

I just want to eat you up. Nom nom nom nom.

I agree with what you're saying but from some people's perspective, they have been reading the same discussions every week for the last 10 years and are sick of it. That says more about them then anything else. I got "told off" by someone recently for starting a thread in the SS forum. At first i was offended, then i realized that thread has probably been made a few times before so i apologized to that person and moved on.

I have to admit i don't understand why people get agitated discussing the same thing over, new people will keep joining and want to have their say and there is nothing wrong with that. There is also the aspect giving "the new guy" a hard time which happens in any online community. Just the way the world works sadly.

Thanks so much for the decent responses, Plus the funny one to. I do have a sense of humor although it is hard to tell when I get on my soap box.

But I do thank you all for listening with an open mind:)

Which cover did you get signed?

I have always enjoyed Greg Horn as an artist. So I enjoy getting comic covers that he has done. So like I said earlier it is what I liked and got me into the comic collecting.

So I am relatively new to collecting but SS is where I started.

I have Alice In Wonderland # 4 Convention Nice Edition as well as the Naughty Edition.

As well as Salem's Daughter # 3.

So as I say I am a relative newbie to all this but thanks for asking and showing an interest :)

23637951.jpg

At first I thought SS books were amazingly awesome, but then I started to figure out I'd really have to narrow my focus in order to feel like I have an achievable collecting goal. So, I picked up a few SS books of people I really wants (yes, I have a Stan Lee SS) - but then I narrowed it down to books signed by a one artist I particularly like.

The other books I get are sketch covers. But I am super picky about those, because - again - I have to keep it focused or I just end up buying books that down the road I don't want.

I like the SS stuff - I think it's cool. Everyone is different, but I think the big SS collectors on this board have a specific focus or goal - and when you have that, collecting them really becomes rewarding and interesting.

At first I thought SS books were amazingly awesome, but then I started to figure out I'd really have to narrow my focus in order to feel like I have an achievable collecting goal. So, I picked up a few SS books of people I really wants (yes, I have a Stan Lee SS) - but then I narrowed it down to books signed by a one artist I particularly like.

The other books I get are sketch covers. But I am super picky about those, because - again - I have to keep it focused or I just end up buying books that down the road I don't want.

I like the SS stuff - I think it's cool. Everyone is different, but I think the big SS collectors on this board have a specific focus or goal - and when you have that, collecting them really becomes rewarding and interesting.

Thanks Dr. Balls that kinda sums up how I look at it as well :applause: