• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have You Seen the Fantastic Four #1 That Was Stolen From Me?

220 posts in this topic

I know this is a long shot and it happened years ago, but I occasionally post this in hopes I might get lucky.

This copy of Fantastic Four #1 was stolen from me in an ebay transaction that occured on May 12, 2003. Supposedly, hijacked ebay and Paypal user IDs were used and the transaction was charged back to me well over a month after I shipped the book.

The book was shipped to the verified Paypal address which was:

Trey McDaniel

26849 172nd pl SE

Covington, WA 98042

User ID: trey-autumn

Name: The Silver Age

McDaniel later claimed that it wasn't him, he never received the book and someone else was using his accounts.

So, on the off chance anyone ever runs across this copy of FF #1, please let me know. I originally purchased it from Stephen Ritter and it grades about GOOD+ in my opinion. It has very distinctive water damage/chipping on the bottom edge of the back cover.

FF1-stolenfrontweb.jpg

FF1-stolenbackweb.jpg

Man, that sucks. Sorry for your loss.Hopefully one of the board detectives will track it down eventually.

Thanks. Apparently I was not the only victim in this matter. It appears to be a situation where someone sold a bunch of comics they did not own or deliver, and immediately used the Paypal proceeds to pay for other comics, for which the sellers eventually got hit with a chargeback.

I know at least one other boardie was victimized by the same seller in the same timeframe.

Strangely, the same Trey McDaniel 'sold' me a couple of slabs on eBay...a Strange Tales and a Spidey totalling around $400...and I never received them and never got refunded.

Some cock and bull story regarding his account getting hacked...although they were exactly the sort of things he dealt with both before and after the 'hacking'. :censored:

Strangely, the same Trey McDaniel 'sold' me a couple of slabs on eBay...a Strange Tales and a Spidey totalling around $400...and I never received them and never got refunded.

Perhaps your $400 went toward paying for the FF 1. :/

Funny how you never got refunded, my money was charged back, and the books disappeared. As a buyer that got ripped off, you'd think you would have gotten a refund after I was charged back.

Where did it all go?

Perhaps your $400 went toward paying for the FF 1. :/

Funny how you never got refunded, my money was charged back, and the books disappeared. As a buyer that got ripped off, you'd think you would have gotten a refund after I was charged back.

Where did it all go?

Well, I didn't get refunded because I ran out of time. With the books being shipped internationally, there's always the possibility of a long delay at Customs, or through the postal services.

I, stupidly, bought Trey's excuses and requests for patience until it was too late to file for my money back. doh!

Which tells you how long the account was 'hacked'. meh

Wow. I hate to see this kind of stuff. Hope you find out what happened to it Steve.

Oh, I'm pretty sure I know what happened to it. :whistle:

But, I stumbled across these larger pics on an CD yesterday and figured it wouldn't hurt to post it again. (I've posted this once or twice over the years here and elsewhere.)

At the very least, hopefully it makes it harder for the crook to unload it.

Sorry this happened to you Steve. And Nick too.

Have either of you looked this person up? Do you think this was an alias or a persons real name?

Trey McDaniel?

It's a real person. In fact, he is a boardie here. The Silver-Age.

After he first joined, I sent him a PM asking him if he ever bought an FF #1. His response was vague and non-committal.

Sorry this happened to you Steve. And Nick too.

Have either of you looked this person up? Do you think this was an alias or a persons real name?

Trey McDaniel?

It's a real person. In fact, he is a boardie here. The Silver-Age.

After he first joined, I sent him a PM asking him if he ever bought an FF #1. His response was vague and non-committal.

Brutal.

I just read your STL post from when this all first happened. There are quite a few online references to his company (appears to be in the auto body repair biz) and home address (not the PO box).

Did anyone else get taken by this guy?