• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have You Seen the Fantastic Four #1 That Was Stolen From Me?

220 posts in this topic

It's strange, this guy seems like a dangerous mix of brilliance and maliciousness....but he's dumb enough to use his real name?

My thoughts exactly. I took some time off from selling and from the board here. Come back to this!!!!!!

If you check your records you will see I didn't even live in Washington when the OP posted that this supposed transaction took place.

There was also a Hulk 181 that I supposedly sold as well if I remember. Don't know who it was to though.

And yes, my account was hacked twice while I lived in WA state. I have 1 police report on record and a loss of $1,700 that was in Paypal at the time.

It should also be in eBays records

On a personal note, the threats are really immature. You'd re-think those once you actually met me.

thanks for all the faith guys, your a great group.

Trey McDaniel......yep, my real name

This thread has just bought a first class ticket on the Butthurt Express. hm

Wow.

There could be pernts in a 2003 thread?

:banana:

That would be the ultimate combination of thread necromancy and going all Van Helsing at the same time. Driving a stake right through the thread's recently reanimated heart.

lol Let's stick with the nautical terminology for now. We can go all True Blood later.

After a boring weekend, it is a shame this thread was not revived on Friday.

Silver Age, what exactly happened on your account? You can't blame the OP for being upset but if you are also a victim then I am sure you understand his anger.

And I love the fact that the op put this up 9 YEARS after I supposedly stole a comic of his. And just how exactly did I supposedly steal a comic from them?

Time limits seem to be your friend.

So what is your excuse here?

Strangely, the same Trey McDaniel 'sold' me a couple of slabs on eBay...a Strange Tales and a Spidey totalling around $400...and I never received them and never got refunded.

Some cock and bull story regarding his account getting hacked...although they were exactly the sort of things he dealt with both before and after the 'hacking'. :censored:

If you check your records you will see I didn't even live in Washington when the OP posted that this supposed transaction took place.

By the way, it is not a "supposed transaction."

I have documentation. Reams of it. Including emails from your account at the time.

So, you stated here you were not living in Washington state in May 2003?

Well, you should check out the probation thread, definitely, because you are taking on some water there as well.

Can't seem to find it. I'm on my phone and the search is a bit un-helpful

Ditch the phone and forum search. Try contacting Greenpeace and asking if they're auctioning off one of their Zodiac's to replace the creek raft you're using.

Well, you should check out the probation thread, definitely, because you are taking on some water there as well.

Ditch the phone and forum search. Try contacting Greenpeace and asking if they're auctioning off one of their Zodiac's to replace the creek raft you're using.

:roflmao:

All I am saying is that if someone hacked my account and used my real name and address, I would be pissed. Possibly as much, if not more than the OP. I would be extremely apologetic and explain what I thought happened to my account. I would also see if any of the information I obtained could help the OP track his stolen merchandise.

But hey...that's just me. I always try to do what is right. Unfortunately, not everyone feels the same way.

It's strange, this guy seems like a dangerous mix of brilliance and maliciousness....but he's dumb enough to use his real name?

My thoughts exactly. I took some time off from selling and from the board here. Come back to this!!!!!!

There was also a Hulk 181 that I supposedly sold as well if I remember. Don't know who it was to though.

And yes, my account was hacked twice while I lived in WA state. I have 1 police report on record and a loss of $1,700 that was in Paypal at the time.

On a personal note, the threats are really immature. You'd re-think those once you actually met me.

Wow.

That would be the ultimate combination of thread necromancy and going all Van Helsing at the same time. Driving a stake right through the thread's recently reanimated heart.

lol Let's stick with the nautical terminology for now. We can go all True Blood later.

3872l.jpg

Good thing your phone has a large enough and clear enough display that you were offering grades in the "please grade my" threads earlier today. doh!

Go back under the pile of manure you crawled out from, scammer. (thumbs u

Wow.

3872l.jpg

:) Nice mash-up.

BTW - where the heck is this guy?

The silence is damning deafening.

Austin.jpg

I actually meant that as you'd re-think it because I'm actually a pretty easy guy to get along with. It wasn't a challenge. That wasn't my intent.
Harder to get along with after you've scammed someone out of thousands of dollars though I'm sure.

Austin.jpg

I actually meant that as you'd re-think it because I'm actually a pretty easy guy to get along with. It wasn't a challenge. That wasn't my intent.
Harder to get along with after you've scammed someone multiple people out of thousands of dollars and books, though I'm sure.

Fixed for accuracy! (thumbs u

I have documentation. Reams of it. Including emails from your account at the time.

It would appear that he's a scammer, Steve. :sorry:

It would appear that he's a scammer, Steve. :sorry:

No worries, Mike. :grin:

I have certainly moved on and even forgot I started this thread until I got the notification today. I was never certain what happened either way and you'll notice I have never definitively stated McDaniel was part of the scam. But after my initial post, other pieces of the puzzle came together to form a more complete and damning picture.

The community is free to evaluate the information and credibility of those presenting it and draw their own conclusions.

I'd love to get the book back but have no expectation to ever do so. At this point, it probably has changed hands at least once and resides with someone who honestly paid for it and hopefully treasures it.