• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Touring Ohio

58 posts in this topic

Heading to Cincy & Columbus in a month.

Any stores to go to? Any not to go to?

Restaurants? There was a skyline chili in Florida I went to decades ago, wasn't impressed.

Looking to catch a Reds game, how hard are tickets to get?

Bookery is definitely the place to go in Ohio. When I was there 8 years ago, there was virtually nothing in Columbus. You may be able to find something in Cincy, but don't miss Bookery.

Restaurants? There was a skyline chili in Florida I went to decades ago, wasn't impressed.

What kind of food do you like? Montgomery Inn is the famous "tourists must go to" place in Cincy and same with Schmidt's in Columbus. They both are good, but there is a lot of hype.

What kind of food do you like? Montgomery Inn is the famous "tourists must go to" place in Cincy and same with Schmidt's in Columbus. They both are good, but there is a lot of hype.

(worship)

:banana: It's an official thread now.

Love all kinds of food. Probably no Italian as that's all over here. No good Cuban since I left Fl. Would love to find BBQ. Would want something not readily available elsewhere. Saw on urban spoon Schmidts & Thurmans, will probably go to Schmidts.

fingh, what's the name of the pizza chain in Dayton that cuts round pizza's into square pieces? That might be worth a luch or dinner if they have stores in Cincy or Columbus.

fingh, what's the name of the pizza chain in Dayton that cuts round pizza's into square pieces? That might be worth a luch or dinner if they have stores in Cincy or Columbus.

Marion's. The super cheese is a must have, at least once. I have them make it "well done" so the extra xheese gets browned up. :cloud9:

(worship)

:banana: It's an official thread now.

Love all kinds of food. Probably no Italian as that's all over here. No good Cuban since I left Fl. Would love to find BBQ. Would want something not readily available elsewhere. Saw on urban spoon Schmidts & Thurmans, will probably go to Schmidts.

If you want BBQ in Cincy, you should go to Montgomery Inn. Don't let anyone talk you into anything else. Get the full rack of ribs. Have a couple of their propriety Killian's Red-style beers and get stuffed.

It is not authentic "BBQ" like I think of in Texas or Memphis, but they frickin' know how to make ribs.

Bronzed JBone, do you like authentic Japanese food?

I think I do, but not sure if I've ever had it. I do like Sushi, there's a local place that gets toro, and by the price and experience I believe it's the real. Liked wagamama or whatever it's called in Boston. Spill it, we'll go.

Donato's pizza. Nothing to go out of your way for. Schmidt's is worth it for the chocolate creampuff alone.

Well, we'll agree to disagree about Donatos. Lots of good pizza in Columbus, tho. Try Rotolos, Panzaras, Tommys or Taritas. Schmidt's is a Columbus institution that's been in German Village for many years.

Bookery Fantasy in Dayton (Fairborn, actually) is a no-brainer. Make sure you end up in the right store for back issues-- there's actually three buildings: new stuff, old stuff, and discount/gaming.

Depending on the series and/or promotion Reds tickets shouldn't be too hard. If you are in town go to dinner at Montgomery Inn on the river. See the Reds and afterwards walk across the street to the Moerlein Lager House next door to the stadium.

For desert...hit Greaters Ice Cream at Fountain Square (2-3 block walk). You will be blown away. Rated #1 over and over again.

BTW...Skyline Chili is like crack for us locals. I think everyone in Cincinnati has it at least monthly or more.

Donato's pizza. Nothing to go out of your way for. Schmidt's is worth it for the chocolate creampuff alone.

Well, we'll agree to disagree about Donatos. Lots of good pizza in Columbus, tho. Try Rotolos, Panzaras, Tommys or Taritas. Schmidt's is a Columbus institution that's been in German Village for many years.

Bookery Fantasy in Dayton (Fairborn, actually) is a no-brainer. Make sure you end up in the right store for back issues-- there's actually three buildings: new stuff, old stuff, and discount/gaming.

If you like Donato's, try Massey's in Westerville. Same style, only way better.

Skyline chili tastes like dirt & rice. Tried it once, & never again.

If you like Donato's, try Massey's in Westerville. Same style, only way better.

Skyline chili tastes like dirt & rice. Tried it once, & never again.

Donatos is a much larger chain. Definitely not the one I was thinking about. I would agree that it would not be worth a visit. I think Marion's is the one I'm thinking about.