• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trolling a comic book thief...

86 posts in this topic

I noticed that an unscrupulous individual is selling a copy of one of my books on eBay. (He lifted the image- the book is still mine.)

Here is the plan:

Buy my own book.

Tell the "owner" through eBay messages that I will send a money order.

Never send money order.

He will file a non-paying bidder complaint.

When eBay contacts me... explain to them he sent me the book and I have it in hand and can prove it through pics of the item and everything else

eBay thinks he sent me the book.

eBay charges him the fees and kicks him off for trying to cheat them.

Thoughts?

I noticed that an unscrupulous individual is selling a copy of one of my books on eBay. (He lifted the image- the book is still mine.)

Here is the plan:

Buy my own book.

Tell the "owner" through eBay messages that I will send a money order.

Never send money order.

He will file a non-paying bidder complaint.

When eBay contacts me... explain to them he sent me the book and I have it in hand and can prove it through pics of the item and everything else

eBay thinks he sent me the book.

eBay charges him the fees and kicks him off for trying to cheat them.

Thoughts?

Fudging genius! :applause:

Is he selling your book or is he simply using your scan to sell his book ?

He is claiming to sell a book that is mine. Same grade, serial number, everything.

He is claiming to sell a book that is mine. Same grade, serial number, everything.

Burn the witch!

Very interesting, but He could just be using your image while owning the book himself. This could also backfire and cause problems with you on eBay as they could strike you for non-payment.

I thought of that... but if I can prove I have the item in hand... then how is it non-payment. I paid through the mail like the "owner" asked me to.

It's just a thought. I welcome any and all criticism in order to perfect my plan. Let's just say the guy is trying to scam someone out of a LOT of money- not a few hundred dollars here.

Burn the witch!

+1

Just contact eBay and tell them it's a stolen image. Let them deal with him. If you do the money order thingy through messages, you might wind up with the bad mark, not him.

On the auction page, there is a link to report, just follow the prompts and can we know the seller, please?

Just contact eBay and tell them it's a stolen image. Let them deal with him. If you do the money order thingy through messages, you might wind up with the bad mark, not him.

On the auction page, there is a link to report, just follow the prompts and can we know the seller, please?

I could do that... but there is no fun in that. Gotta have some style sometimes.

Got a link to the auction?

Not yet... If I do it, I do not want anyone to blow up my spot or for there to be a forewarning of any sort.

^^

I could do that... but there is no fun in that. Gotta have some style sometimes.

Is it trey-autumn? It appears this person is famous for this sort of thing.

GMTA (man typing on a kindle fire is slow)