• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone have any information on This 1966 Mini Spider-Man Comic? Reprints #42?

9 posts in this topic

So I was about to put this on ebay when I realized I have no idea what this is.

I tried to search the google and found nothing but vending machine comics that cost 5 cents and look nothing like this book.

The only information I have on it is that its in Very Good to Fine condition, with some moisture issues. And this book reprints part of the "The birth of a Superhero" storyline from 1966's The Amazing Spider-Man #42. Thats all I know. here are the scans, any information is greatly appreciated.

Front

1.jpg

back

IMG-1.jpg

It was attached to the cover of Eye Magazine, which was sold on the newstand back then.

GA...SA...it's all comics!

As a little extra backstory, that issue of Eye Magazine was toward the end of a run that was published by Martin Goodman, and that run was actually a revamp of a weekly tabloid magazine he ran in the 50's.

A few years back I stumbled across a couple of the 50's issues that actually had the Atlas Globe bullet on the cover.