• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Think Tank

1,138 posts in this topic

Nice advance review for Volume 2

It is funnier and sciencier than it has any right to be, considering how tightly plotted it is. This is a comic book that you definitely should check out. Think Tank is Aaron Sorkin sci-fi, with less preaching and more flawed characters. This is what you want out of science fiction.

Review - Fanboy Comics

Print runs are minuscule. If/when news breaks about this book, people will want to get their hands on copies, since the series is relatively young. Too bad there won't be many of them out there.

If you were around for the Sixth Gun craze, something like that may happen again. I doubt to that scale, but who knows.

Regardless, it's a great time to get some back issues at a good price to catch up before the next arc.

It takes me awhile to get around to some comics but when I do I read them in chunks. Think Tank has been in my read pile for months and it was a very satisfying read. Another great book in the Modern Golden Age and definitely a must read for me now.

It is funnier and sciencier than it has any right to be, considering how tightly plotted it is. This is a comic book that you definitely should check out. Think Tank is Aaron Sorkin sci-fi, with less preaching and more flawed characters. This is what you want out of science fiction.

Review - Fanboy Comics

hrrrmmm

This comic is as densely plotted as a great episode of The West Wing, and much more fun than its subject matter. The sinister bad guys and the intrepid goofball facing off over small battles and big ones is a type of story that I could read any day. The inclusion of intelligent science fiction makes this much more appealing. This is a comic that could rely on the plot and characters and it would be a straightforward recommendation, but the science in the science fiction is great.

Instantly makes me think of Eureka http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796264/

Not necessarily a bad thing. I quite enjoyed it :)

Open letter from Matt Hawkins to the comic book industry:

Hello there, most of you know me in some capacity I’ve been in this business for 20+ years and certainly been involved in a lot of crazy things in that time. Last year I launched a book called Think Tank with my friend and artist Rahsan Ekedal. We’re both very passionate about the book, WE LOVE DOING IT! And I hope that enthusiasm for what we’re doing carries through to the final read.

I’ve been very straight up with everyone about this book, we’ll keep doing it if it finds a large enough audience to sustain it. We’ve committed through issue 20 at this point, which is 16 more than I thought we’d get to, but we’d both like to do the book for a long, long time.

Why am I writing this now? Because this week the second trade paperback of Think Tank is in stores along with the 2nd printing of the first one. I’m not too proud to ask for your help.

All: There’s no point buying something without sampling it first to make sure you like it. You can read the entire first issue for free here:

Download

Retailers: The 2nd printing of Think Tank V1 (OCT120494) and Think Tank V2 (APR130479) are both available at Diamond. Think Tank #9 will be in stores in a few weeks and continues the story. You’re the most important link in the chain. I’ve met a lot of you over the years, I’ve never asked for a favor like this. I appreciate you and understand the hard work it takes to run a small business. If you’ve never read the book, please read the first issue and recommend it to the readers you think would like it.

Journalists: The reviews for Think Tank have all been positive for a year and I have you to thank for that. I appreciate your support thus far. Anything you can do to highlight the new trade release in the weeks to come would be greatly appreciated.

Readers: For those that read and support the book thank you! If you have NEVER tried the book, download the first issue free and check it out. What have you got to lose?

If you like the book all I ask is that you recommend it to a friend.

That’s it! Thanks for a great 20 years, I’m looking forward to the next 20.

Best,

Matt Hawkins

Writer/Co-Creator Think Tank

Source

no mention of the HC of Volume 1?

I think because it's a limited SDCC exclusive, he didn't want to mention it. They probably won't be available to the wider public like the regular TPBs.

This really seems like a letter to get people to pick up the title and give it a try, rather than getting into the weeds of special editions.

Great stuff about Think Tank

Review - Fanboy Comics

hrrrmmm

Great stuff about Think Tank.

Instantly makes me think of Eureka http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796264/

Not necessarily a bad thing. I quite enjoyed it :)

I've never watched it, Garf. I'll have to check it out. (thumbs u