• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Think Tank

1,138 posts in this topic

What's the word on a TV show/Movie regarding this book? I've only just heard about a rumor and I'm too lazy to skim through tons of pages on this thread.

Can anyone fill me in please? Thanks (thumbs u

"At San Diego Comic-Con, Marc Silvestri broke the news that Top Cow Productions is working on a feature film adaptation of Matt Hawkins and Rahsan Ekedal's "Think Tank" series.

About the adaptation, Silvestri said:

We're working on a feature film for [Think Tank]. We're working with the Mark Gordon company...these guys get it. It's smart, it's fun, and it's scary at the same time."

Thanks mate.

Looks like #9 will be a week late, but it doesn't sound like this will be a trend.

Between ComiCon and a logic error I found in the plot (my fault), Think Tank 9 will be going to press this next week instead of last one. Stupid mistake on my part but I think I've figured it out. Every issue I've written so far I went back and reread all of the previous issues before scripting them. This one with ComiCon, etc. I did not and it bit me in the ! Lost two full days trying to figure it out but I'm happy with it now. This V3 arc 9-12 is pretty insane. Just wrapped a draft of the 9th -script that will need a couple more passes to be right..

Sounds to be more of a quality control thing. Looking forward to this next arc!

Source

Hey gents,

Aaron aka "realtuned" told me to come over here and say hello. I appreciate those of you who've picked up the book. The print runs on the 32 page books have been pretty low but starting to trend up with issue 9. Doing lots of digital and trade sales which is good, but could use a bump in the 32 page ones.

Anyway, happy to answer questions. Forgive me that I won't check in the thread or boards "daily" but I'll check on here once a week or so and answer any questions. Of all the Think Tank books I think the "Bagus" #1 variant in my personal opinion has the most long term value, or the #1 issue itself.

Thanks for your support!

Matt Hawkins

Writer/Co-creator Think Tank (and Aphrodite IX)

Hey gents,

Aaron aka "realtuned" told me to come over here and say hello. I appreciate those of you who've picked up the book. The print runs on the 32 page books have been pretty low but starting to trend up with issue 9. Doing lots of digital and trade sales which is good, but could use a bump in the 32 page ones.

Anyway, happy to answer questions. Forgive me that I won't check in the thread or boards "daily" but I'll check on here once a week or so and answer any questions. Of all the Think Tank books I think the "Bagus" #1 variant in my personal opinion has the most long term value, or the #1 issue itself.

Thanks for your support!

Matt Hawkins

Welcome, Matt! Thanks for stopping by. Really loving what you're doing with this book, so keep it up. Living and working in D.C., it's pretty cool to see how spot-on both you and Rahsan are when depicting D.C. and the industry.

I love the series.

East coast soon? You can see my think tank with a Think Tank print in it.

And UPenn has had a 5-6 vendor comic con before in a small room. After you mentioned UPenn a few times in science class.

Hey gents,

Thanks for your support!

Matt Hawkins

Is David supposed to be Matt Hawkins if he didn't enter the comic-world?

Hi Matt,

Thank you for coming on this board, and thank you for your writing a story we all here enjoy. There is a rumor going around that the 2nd printing of #1 was only 1,500 copies. Do you know if that is true?

Thanks

Hey gents,

Thanks for your support!

Matt Hawkins

Matt, great meeting you at SDCC. Keep cranking out some awesome content. You and Rahsan rock!

Hey gents,

Thanks for your support!

Matt Hawkins

Thats me :hi:

Glad to see you finally make it!

You should sneak this book into some middle schools and high schools. Drum up some interest in STEM.

Science - it gets you laid...you might also be responsible for the death of innocent civilians, but it looks cool.

Think Tank #1 2nd print Diamond PO - 2012060325-06

Item Code - JUN128162 DCDSTK Code - STK517017

32 page self cover - 2,000cps - 60# gloss

2,000 copies cut that from the printer invoice.

Awesome thanks for the info!

Think Tank #1 2nd print Diamond PO - 2012060325-06

Item Code - JUN128162 DCDSTK Code - STK517017

32 page self cover - 2,000cps - 60# gloss

2,000 copies cut that from the printer invoice.

Thank you for that, it's nice to know that a good writer can also be cool and down to earth...:0)