• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to tell 1st print of chew and walking dead?

29 posts in this topic

Yeah, it's like WWI. There are no original artifacts from WWI indicating it as WWI. They never knew that there would be a sequel.

Ok - on the barcode on the comic there is a code number.

If the last number is 1, then its a first print.

Number 2 is second etc etc

If there is no mention of it being 2nd printing in the indica then it's a first print mate (thumbs u

Eh?

For Chew, the title is in Red on the cover.

For WD, I've yet to see one. (shrug) I would assume, like AF suggested, to check inside the book.

Is there a mist of daftness decended?

For moderns - check barcode - last number = print.

1 = 1st print.

It really is that simple FFS.

For Walking Dead #7 and #8, the barcodes are exactly the same and so is the cover. You have to look at the inside of the cover page at the bottom. It will say second print if it is. Walking Dead #2 is same only the print date at the top is different. One is November and one is February if I remember correctly.

For WD, I've yet to see one. (shrug) I would assume, like AF suggested, to check inside the book.

1 = 1st print.

Seeing that you don't know what you're talking about here, I guess there is :thumbsup:

The UPC+5 barcodes used on comic books are completely unreliable when it comes to determining 1st and later prints - for instance, both 1st and 2nd prints of Walking Dead #7 have a barcode of 0985300073 00711.

Hi how do I tell if my copies of chew and walking dead are first print? I am assuming mine are 1st as they have no mention of a print run on in the inside. Thanks in advance guys.

The first prints taste like bananas.

Hi how do I tell if my copies of chew and walking dead are first print? I am assuming mine are 1st as they have no mention of a print run on in the inside. Thanks in advance guys.

The first prints taste like bananas.

And the second print tastes like coconuts.

1 = 1st print.

Seeing that you don't know what you're talking about here, I guess there is :thumbsup:

The UPC+5 barcodes used on comic books are completely unreliable when it comes to determining 1st and later prints - for instance, both 1st and 2nd prints of Walking Dead #7 have a barcode of 0985300073 00711.

I stand corrected and am happy to do so.

I was told this by my LCS employee.

I did not think to question his knowledge - why would I?

I now know better - thankyou for the info. (thumbs u

Has anyone verified that there is a WD 1 2nd print? I know mycomicshop lists a 2nd print in their description, but I've yet to find one.

no 2nd print for WD #1. MCS just made an error.

Has anyone verified that there is a WD 1 2nd print? I know mycomicshop lists a 2nd print in their description, but I've yet to find one.

Maybe you're just saying that to throw me off the trail. Nice try Dr. Jones. (tsk)

Maybe you're just saying that to throw me off the trail. Nice try Dr. Jones. (tsk)

Very true, they are actually quite common. Send me a money order or cashiers check for say tree fiddy and I will send you not 1 but 2 copies and you can even CGC IT!!! :)

i wouldn't say anything. i would just pick you up if i wanted to throw you off a trail. don't want anyone else blabbering.

They are probably referring to the Walking Dead #1 (Special Edition), which is the first reprinting of the book.

http://www.comicvine.com/walking-dead-special-edition-the-walking-dead/37-222108/

Jim