• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

When i placed the order for Bedlam in August I swore I would not go crazy and just get 10 copies of #1 @ $1.75 I figured if I was at a LCS I would spend more than $18 any ways. Now 2 months later and less than 2 weeks from the release date I have tons of regular and variant covers pre ordered. I hope this comic rocks. I am tired of eating cup o noodles.

[font:Book Antiqua]Don’t worry,

if you keep investing your money this way

you will don’t have anything else to eat...[/font]

:makepoint:

OR i could sell my 12 Chew #1's, 25 Thief of thieves #1, 22 Saga #1, 3 Walking dead #1, 6 Y the Last Man #1

:P

If you're tired of eating cup of noodles maybe you should......

some of those moderns who have already made there gains would be worth thinning holdings on imo.

When i placed the order for Bedlam in August I swore I would not go crazy and just get 10 copies of #1 @ $1.75 I figured if I was at a LCS I would spend more than $18 any ways. Now 2 months later and less than 2 weeks from the release date I have tons of regular and variant covers pre ordered. I hope this comic rocks. I am tired of eating cup o noodles.

[font:Book Antiqua]Don’t worry,

if you keep investing your money this way

you will don’t have anything else to eat...[/font]

:makepoint:

OR i could sell my 12 Chew #1's, 25 Thief of thieves #1, 22 Saga #1, 3 Walking dead #1, 6 Y the Last Man #1

:P

If you're tired of eating cup of noodles maybe you should......

some of those moderns who have already made there gains would be worth thinning holdings on imo.

I wasn't trying to be mean in my post, just saying that if he's sick of eating noodles, dump one of those ToT's #1 for ~$40 and have better food for 2 weeks :)

lol I am not living off cup o noodles for real. Its a joking expression my friends use.

The only reason I am fortunate to spend so much on comics is b/c i gave up gambling with my extra income.

I have been thinking about sending in the rest of TOT for prescreening and grading when i get my Bedlam Variants and sketch covers...

any one know how much cgc charges for pre screening?

lol I am not living off cup o noodles for real. Its a joking expression my friends use.

The only reason I am fortunate to spend so much on comics is b/c i gave up gambling with my extra income.

I have been thinking about sending in the rest of TOT for prescreening and grading when i get my Bedlam Variants and sketch covers...

Good to hear :)

Re: pre-screening, theres a minimum number of submissions required, this page explains it all http://www.cgccomics.com/services/prescreen.asp

Prescreens are free but every book that fails the screen is $5 (thats what it used to be less they changed recently)

pre-screening sounds like a huge waste of time, unless of course you can't tell the difference between a 9.6 and a 9.8.

I think the big difference is the profit margin...if a 9.6 sells for ~$40 and slabbing/shipping fees would likely cost you $40 its not worth slabbing in most cases. We all know that not every day of the week is the grade given to an identical book the same (as we know from resubs etc).

Thanks Iceman, Thats what I wanted to know.

Not sure if you read the page i linked to and are just going by what iceman told you, but You also have to be submitting like 50+ books.

Yeah I saw that Thanks.

Thanks Iceman, Thats what I wanted to know.

Not sure if you read the page i linked to and are just going by what iceman told you, but You also have to be submitting like 50+ books.

It depends. If you intend on pressing your books and then grading them, you can get a pre-screen with as little as 10 books.

What he said - and I think the ones that don't get a 9.8 are only $3 if done via certain people.

This convo has done the rounds many times before:

If cost + post + press + slab + post = less than you can sell it for,then go ahead if you want... (shrug)

I guess it depends on what you think a ToT 9.8 is going to be worth in 6 months time - and how much you paid.

Good luck either way! (thumbs u

Joker / Grendel comparison is dead on.

Bedlam #1 feels like a nice juicy steak, It's a BIG book with an nice thick cover stock.

My customer base seems to have an insatiable appetite for this type of material.

Riley is a polarizing artist in my shop, you love him or hate him.

I love his work.

>>The ad says 500 and the printed exclusives/signings list at the Image booth says 500, so I'm going to go with 500 unless it's otherwise confirmed by Image<<

If that keeps you warm at night. Go for it.

Edited by LarrysComics

Slow night in the head?

It is 500 - confirmed by Image and by the booth at NYCC - 500.

The B+W RRP - there were 1 per person at the invite only Breakfast.

There were 350 seats.

Can't tell you any more.

I work with Image central on a regular basis.

Bedlam #1 is NOT sold out at the distributor level. Diamond shows it STILL available for advance reorder. # AUG120461

There are 7 covers:

Regular ?

Third eye 1,000

Forbidden Planet ?

Detroit Fanfare 500

Diamond RRP ?

NYCC 1,000

10-27 variant ?

My shop does NOT have a variant. ( what it does have will be announced 10-27)

The Image NYCC cover ( printed by Image ) was 1,000 copies, per my excellent source at Image.

Man you're killing me today lol

So have you confirmed that the NYCC variant is limited to 1000 rather than your prvious statement of 500? Also what is with the question marks in your list?

Edited by gaz2810i

Ok - I'm sure you know more than me Larry. I'm sure most people do.

But every other reference to the NYCC 'exclusive' stated 500 copies.

Especially the one on the image website which is quoted about 3 pages back

(shrug)

You said 500 as well??

Did you manage to pick any up with your contacts?

I know the Image site says 500, but given how many we are seeing 1000 does seem reasonable for the colored NYCC variant (I mean there's been well over a hundred sold on these boards).

Wouldn't be surprised if the RRP was a total of 500, but that's all speculation at this point. I do have high hopes for this book though (not from an investment standpoint, just based on Issue #1 and the talent).