• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

Pinky: Even if you don't like lox, its still a rare book, I'll see if I can't find you the less saltier nova edition :D

Andy: That was on our Independence day a few years ago, I don't think I was hungover. I was however hungover in this shot.

And yes, I was eating bagels and lox and LOVING it.

BDrmJ.jpeg

(thumbs u

Soooo... poll which ones of you bought a NYCC variant whether at the show or from one of the fine people offering it on the boards? And how many?

I put myself down for 3. Liked the preview I read so want at least one for my collection and if the book hits big maybe sell one off down the road. But don't want to go all in and have it blow up in my face :grin:

I bought so many NYCC covers and sketches I am embarrassed to say. I just hope its a hit!

The Forbidden Planet variant is on their website, the Third Eye is on ebay, NYCC is on the boards and eBay, Larry's going to announce his on the 25th or 27th, Detroit Fanfare had some pre-sales on eBay and the regular comic is available from certain stores, but is apparently sold out at the distribution level.

Soooo... poll which ones of you bought a NYCC variant whether at the show or from one of the fine people offering it on the boards? And how many?

I put myself down for 3. Liked the preview I read so want at least one for my collection and if the book hits big maybe sell one off down the road. But don't want to go all in and have it blow up in my face :grin:

I bought so many NYCC covers and sketches I am embarrassed to say. I just hope its a hit!

no tell us.... :foryou:

Is it worth paing the $40 for the nycc variant guys or do you think this is to high? Will I regret not getting a copy at this price and end up paying more if I wait basically?

I would just buy one mate. It's either limited to 500 or 1000 and either way, if it's a big success like people are suggested it will be worth it. Dre still has a couple so put your order in and get a guaranteed 9.8

When i placed the order for Bedlam in August I swore I would not go crazy and just get 10 copies of #1 @ $1.75 I figured if I was at a LCS I would spend more than $18 any ways. Now 2 months later and less than 2 weeks from the release date I have tons of regular and variant covers pre ordered. I hope this comic rocks. I am tired of eating cup o noodles.

[font:Book Antiqua]Don’t worry,

if you keep investing your money this way

you will don’t have anything else to eat...[/font]

:facepalm:

Is it worth paing the $40 for the nycc variant guys or do you think this is to high? Will I regret not getting a copy at this price and end up paying more if I wait basically?

I would just buy one mate. It's either limited to 500 or 1000 and either way, if it's a big success like people are suggested it will be worth it. Dre still has a couple so put your order in and get a guaranteed 9.8

Well I ordered a 2nd copy just in case Gaz. I'd like to keep 1 raw and get 1 cgc'd but you know how costly that can be from the UK Gaz. If Iv got the 2 copies then at least Iv got the option and can maybe sub a copy next year at LSCC, not sure if nick spencer will be there but if he is then could get it SS's

When i placed the order for Bedlam in August I swore I would not go crazy and just get 10 copies of #1 @ $1.75 I figured if I was at a LCS I would spend more than $18 any ways. Now 2 months later and less than 2 weeks from the release date I have tons of regular and variant covers pre ordered. I hope this comic rocks. I am tired of eating cup o noodles.

:makepoint:

OR i could sell my 12 Chew #1's, 25 Thief of thieves #1, 22 Saga #1, 3 Walking dead #1, 6 Y the Last Man #1

:P

OR i could sell my 12 Chew #1's, 25 Thief of thieves #1, 22 Saga #1, 3 Walking dead #1, 6 Y the Last Man #1

lol Pow!

If you're tired of eating cup of noodles maybe you should......

I read the first issue while I was at NYCC...

Background...

I used to sell for Riley a few years ago and love his art. I like Nick Spencer and combined it just looked like a winner to me...

Then I read the first issue...

Loved it.

I am a huge Grendel fan (named my son Hunter if that is any indication...nerd alert) and felt this story is what happens when a combination of the Joker and Grendel are combined and then what happens after rehabilitation. I don't want to spoil anything, but it left me wanting more.

The first issue was long, lots of pages for the price and the coloring was superb with a mix of red, black, white and gray tones. Lovely.

I think the hype is worth it and think it is going to be a fantastic read from all indications...

JJ