• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

This is now becoming a very good chance to be one of the best graphic novels of 2013.

Get 'The First' right and goodness - this will be bloody awesome.

And the best thing?

This could never,ever be a TV series - it's just too 'wrong' - but as a GN, it's just so right!

Love this book.

Have some self-respect man and shoot yourself for even suggesting that.

This is now becoming a very good chance to be one of the best graphic novels of 2013.

And the best thing?

This could never,ever be a TV series - it's just too 'wrong' - but as a GN, it's just so right!

Love this book.

+1

Bedlam ROCKS!

the head shot still looks too much like the #1 phantom

...and the #2 second print, and the last page of issue 1, and the Detroit variant...

The 'Madder's mask in the background' motif is getting played out.

I still love you, Bedlam :foryou:

Edited by Solar

And the best thing?

Love this book.

I love Bedlam as much as the next guy (purely as a reader), but this is one reason this thread is absolute comedy gold. Only on the Modern forums can a title go from more or less dead in terms of activity to "best graphic novel of 2013" inside 1 issue (for a total of 3). I understand a lot of people are involved financially to some level, but it's getting a little ludicrous at this point.

I enjoyed #3 too, but I am not sure hyperbole would adequately cover this...

And the best thing?

Love this book.

I love Bedlam as much as the next guy (purely as a reader), but this is one reason this thread is absolute comedy gold. Only on the Modern forums can a title go from more or less dead in terms of activity to "best graphic novel of 2013" inside 1 issue (for a total of 3). I understand a lot of people are involved financially to some level, but it's getting a little ludicrous at this point.

It's all good... they are turning into URL speculators in the SAGA thread :grin:

Bedlam IS a quality read. It's so early in the series I don't think many people have been exposed to the book and the first arc is not complete. I think once the trade comes out it will be amazing and offer a lot of answers, some resolution, a lot more questions, and a piqued interest among others not on board yet... 2c

And the best thing?

Love this book.

Some of us have been supporting this title wholeheartedly from the word "go". I do agree with you though in the sense that I think it's premature to pass any judgement on a title before at least six issues have seen print.

And the best thing?

Love this book.

The problem is, there are those that love the book for what it is and those that love it for it speculation potential. It simply leads to a conflict in hyperbole.

And the best thing?

Love this book.

The problem is, there are those that love the book for what it is and those that love it for it speculation potential. It simply leads to a conflict in hyperbole.

I see what your saying, it's hard to take someone's opinion on a book seriously, when they have 100 CGC graded issues sitting in their house.

It is what it is though. Take him for his word or ignore his opinion (shrug)

Personally, I have 1 copy of each issue, and think it is a great read.

And the best thing?

Love this book.

You know you bring up a point that is a problem in almost every modern thread here almost. In some cases its easy to see who has a financial interest in pushing their book or books while in other threads its not so clear.

Edited by Fastballspecial

And the best thing?

Love this book.

I see what your saying, it's hard to take someone's opinion on a book seriously, when they have 100 CGC graded issues sitting in their house.

It is what it is though. Take him for his word or ignore his opinion (shrug)

Personally, I have 1 copy of each issue, and think it is a great read.

I don't know that I can take your opinion seriously when you only have one of each!

Some people, like Larry, will pimp a book solely because they are vested in it. Others will invest in a book because they love it that much. You just need to get a feel for which is which.

I run into this all the time. In general i sell what I like to read and get lumped into the "financially invested" crowd. Oh well. The flip side of not being able to criticize a title because I don't have 100 copies can be annoying.