• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

It is now - the last 9.8 blue sold for $18!

Mind you, there is a boardie on here that pumps them out (all new books not just Bedlam) at 99c no reserve and is selling all books at cheaper than slabbing cost.

I have no clue why someone would do that tbh (shrug)

I don't know if he sells those, I only looked at his feedback once but Helheim, East of West, Bedlam, Revival etc etc were all selling for waay under other peoples prices.

You are right - must be making a big loss when you add slabbing and shipping, especially if he is not getting bulk purchse/slabbing/shipping discounts.

I don't know if he sells those, I only looked at his feedback once but Helheim, East of West, Bedlam, Revival etc etc were all selling for waay under other peoples prices.

You are right - must be making a big loss when you add slabbing and shipping, especially if he is not getting bulk purchse/slabbing/shipping discounts.

Yes even if he is handing them in and picking them up he's still taking losses.

The real question is why is he driving down the prices when he is the ONLY one selling any of the WD Wizard variants that cheap, he's killing everyone else. Well yeah the book is free, but most artists charge 10-20 for CGC SS, Plus the 28 cost to slab, add the 5 dollar fee they tack on, then the cheapest shipping is 20-30 bucks. Why spend all that if you are going to sell to make 10 bucks, when everyone else was selling them between 200-300 before?

From my experience, your cost estimate is too high. Also, some people sell books and some people show books. He sells low so he can sell quickly and buy and slab more books. One guy sits on a $200 book for three months, another sells several books in that same amount of time. Two legitimate business models but the people I have seen that are the most successful sell quickly and grow exponentially.

That was my costs at a recent con. The 18 dollar blue label still applies but CGC is charging 28 for SS moderns and that wasn't even fast tracked. Maybe that business model would work if someone pre-orders 400-500 books, but the issue here is the WD WW variants were 1 per show id. and they flagged your 3 day pass so you couldn't go back the following days and get more. If this guy is a big dealer at the show sure maybe but again selling that cheap is silly IMO.

That was my costs at a recent con. The 18 dollar blue label still applies but CGC is charging 28 for SS moderns and that wasn't even fast tracked. Maybe that business model would work if someone pre-orders 400-500 books, but the issue here is the WD WW variants were 1 per show id. and they flagged your 3 day pass so you couldn't go back the following days and get more. If this guy is a big dealer at the show sure maybe but again selling that cheap is silly IMO.

The blue label WW Philly variants were done onsite which means he paid $25/book for slabbing with no invoice fee & no return shipping. The comics themselves were easily available for about $10-15 at the show.

After EB/PP fees, he's probably making $50-55/book - which is a higher profit margin pr. book than what a lot of the modern sellers on this board enjoy for their freshly-slabbed Image #1s.

I don't think people realize how large the print runs are on these WW Walking Dead variants - there's zero upside to holding on to these for too long.

I've seen prices slowly ticking back up, had I sold mine as soon as I got it back from cgc I would be kicking myself. I think after the summer things will pick up as a whole on the secondary market.

+1 IMO this book is just to good to be selling for these prices.

I've seen prices slowly ticking back up, had I sold mine as soon as I got it back from cgc I would be kicking myself. I think after the summer things will pick up as a whole on the secondary market.

On my top five "Must Read the Day I Get It" books - (shrug)

On my top five "Must Read the Day I Get It" books - (shrug)

+1

I don't even wait to get home to read each issue, I read it in the car as soon as I get it.

Some people who had a problem with all of the variants for #1 were probably just ticked they couldn't use their connections to hoard them and set their high price, as if it were only one RRP and nothing more.

It's not like every variant was available in the same place either, it took some hunting

Bedlam is definitely a "word of mouth" book and is selling well in my area LCS's

I didn't love #7 as much as the previous 6 although I still enjoyed it.

I said the same thing and Andy said I was smoking crack.

Maybe smoking crack is a little harsh!

I thought it was pretty good myself - oh well, no offense meant if you took it that way :foryou:

I didn't love #7 as much as the previous 6 although I still enjoyed it.

I said the same thing and Andy said I was smoking crack.

Maybe smoking crack is a little harsh!

I thought it was pretty good myself - oh well, no offense meant if you took it that way :foryou:

I would be offended if you didn't trash talk to me buddy :foryou:lol