• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-Man 2 Spoilers !

41 posts in this topic

I just got back from seeing it.

I give it a CGC grade of 9.9.

I'm reluctant to give it a 10.0 because I'm saving that for when they make Venom the bad guy. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Best comic movie...EVER!

My son and I will be going to see it again this weekend.

I want to say something about the movie that I didn't like...but everything was absolutely perfect.

It had action...comedy...the corny dialogue between Pete and MJ was corrected...and three words "MJ" "WET" "AGAIN". shocked.gif

I expected it to fall short of the first one because it popped the Spidey cherry for everyone, but it absolutely blew the first movie away!

Octavius was unimprovable! Stellar work on him!

Not a single actor gave a weak performance!

I can't say enough about it. I'm still in shock!

One comment about the obvious set up...

No more Goblins, please! The pot of Spidey villians is too deep to do another Gobby so quickly.

Sorry...somebody had to say it. gossip.gif

The thing with Harry that makes it credible in my mind is that Harry has a lot going on "in the background," so to speak, that could make him hate Spider-Man and adopt the mantle that his father wore, even though it's a mantle of evil. Harry is clearly an alcohol abuser (which can unbalance someone severely on its own), has suffered for years from the fact that he idolized his father, yet his father never really treated him as anything but an afterthought, and is still resentful of the fact that Peter "stole" Mary Jane from him. Harry also doesn't know exactly why his father is dead. He just "knows" that Spider-Man killed him. I can totally see him feeling the need to avenge his father by killing Spider-Man.

Yep, plus in the comic he's a schizo like his father was. It might've been the booze, or we might have seen the beginnings of that when he saw his father in the mirror and tossed the dagger at it. The mental illness always clouded his rational thought in the comic, and it isn't much of a stretch to use that in the film, either.

How early is Harry going to be GG2, you would think the next movie, but this is such an early card to play on such a key charater (Harry) throughout the series.

Yea this did surprise me, particularly since the most consistent complaint I've heard about the first film is how weak a villain Goblin was due to shaky special effects and a bad outfit. crazy.gif

How are those people on the subway going to shutup and not blab about who he is

and does it really matter seeming that just about everyone knows (heck even May seemed to be talking too much about how Spider-Man was a hero to a neighbor not to think that she knows something)

The people on the subway have NO IDEA who he is. They know what his face looks like, but they don't know who he is. There are millions of people in New York, and they don't know his name. That scene was AWESOME...great way to humanize him on a grand scale.

I agree that Raimi was trying to suggest that May knows who he is. After Spidey saved her and spoke to her (May should recognize his voice), after Peter told her about how he was there when Ben died, and throwing in her knowledge that Spider-Man emerged immediately after Ben's death, there are a bunch of clues that she knows. She was staring directly at him and tilting her head when she suggested that the city needed a hero and Spider-Man should come back...the signals are just too strong that she knows.

The people on the subway have NO IDEA who he is. They know what his face looks like, but they don't know who he is. There are millions of people in New York, and they don't know his name.

Yea, well petey better remeber this because all it would take was one miss step like

going to one of Mary Janes promotions and ending up in a snap shot with her that gets in the paper or on the T.V. news and Wham those thirty some odd people could say -

hey isn't that Bugle Boy Jeans he's wearin'?... grin.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Yea, well petey better remeber this because all it would take was one miss step like

going to one of Mary Janes promotions and ending up in a snap shot with her that gets in the paper or on the T.V. news and Wham those thirty some odd people could say -

hey isn't that Bugle Boy Jeans he's wearin'?... grin.gif

Then maybe he'd better get a new pair of glasses. I know he broke his pair when he became Spidey again, but they seem to work really well at hiding Clark Kent's identity. smirk.gif

Talking about that moment, you must admit...

That was fresh how the crowd hailed him as they passed

him over head like a rockstar that does a stage dive into the fan crowd.

The crowd in my theater didn't seem to like this seen much. You heard a ton on groaning from the audience. Too much like a JC "savior" moment. Probably the worst part of the movie which is too bad since the events leading up to it were one of the best parts of an "comic" movie yet. confused-smiley-013.gif

My new favorite "movie-quote-taken-out-of-context"...

"How can you get off when you never even get on?" - Mary Jane Watson

I just about died when this one came out. My fiance missed it and thought I was crazy.

As for the people speculating on Harry becoming GG2... Remember at the party when Harry confronted Peter... along with everything else he said "You stole my fathers love"... Seems as though Harry loved his father through it all. He has a great reason to become GG2. Also keep in mind that most people who watch the movies have no clue to the comics so it won't be a huge stretch for them to see Harry take up his fathers role.

yeah.. Harry has alreday been shown crazy enough to become GG and try to kill Spidey...but I sure hope its not the whole plot of #3 if its in there at all. Maybe he'll take the whole movie off to refabricate the NEW Goblin, adnd become the HobGoblin.??

I enjoyed #2 very much. It dragged a bit in the middle, though I was really into all the Spidey mythology aspects they put in that were being shown and discussed in those scenes. Someone complained about MJs dialogue, but I felt most of the time she said the right things at the right time. She did seem like a total b-[!@#%^&^] getting into the cab...but. And why do women in movies wait right until the wedding march plays to run away??? Give the guy a break and do it quietly the night before.

Doc Ock looked great

Jonah made me laugh with almost every line!

IMO the unmasking on the train was the one great ORIGINAL thing the filmmakers created! That was something they have NEVER tried in 40 years of comics stories! It really worked..and those people might recognize Peter when his photography book comes out...but why obsess on that. It was nice to see average NYers defend him. Carrying him like that was a bit much, though...

A fun film overall. Lets face it - - we live in awesome times that we can go see a movie of this quality based on the comics we have read and loved for so long!!

I just saw the movie and absolutely freaking loved it.... It will be the biggest box office movie ever plans to go see it again on Friday already.

I cannot believe no one mentioned the real villain in Spider-Man 3 Man-Wolf ......Jameson's son I was blown away by that.part of the story. I was looking in his house to see the red amulet but did not see it, unless I missed it 893scratchchin-thumb.gif. I say let's go villain crazy in the 3rd film, Green Goblin 2 (in spandex... not that stupid 893censored-thumb.gif metal outfit), The Lizard, Doc OCK, Sandman, the Vulture, Electro, Mysterio and Man-Wolf. The Sinister Seven grin.gif (I know there is only 6 but it's not like the movie stuck with the true comic story line) That would blow my mind if they did that. cloud9.gifthumbsup2.gif

you think as many people eill see it 2 and 3 times as they did last time? Cause thats where th ereally big grosses come from - -repeat business. I was thinking that many "normal" movie-goers will go because they enjoyed #1 , but might not see this twice since the novelty of seeing Spidey has worn off for them...

Did any of you see Stan Lee in the movie? In the end credits, it had him as "man dodging debris" or something like that. Lots of ppl dodging debris in the movie. I didn't see him though. He was in the first movie too. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

he pushed a woman away from falling debree near a taxi the first scene of Ock climbing a building. But yeah, his face time was less than a second this time. Were there any other cameos? Who was the guy in th eelevator? Anybody? That was perfect spot for a celebrity cameo..

he pushed a woman away from falling debree near a taxi the first scene of Ock climbing a building. But yeah, his face time was less than a second this time. Were there any other cameos? Who was the guy in th eelevator? Anybody? That was perfect spot for a celebrity cameo..

It was a guy from Queer As Folk. Forgot his name.

I just saw it a second time today... the slow parts are REALLY slow the 2nd time...

but the ending makes up for it in my book.

Stan Lee pulls a woman away from falling debris in the scene with Doc Ock and Aunt May.

(I think...)

I thought the "snooty usher" seemed like a good spot for a celebrity cameo.

IMDB says it's the same guy who was the Wrestling Ring Announcer in Spider-man 1.

I just saw it a second time today... the slow parts are REALLY slow the 2nd time...

but the ending makes up for it in my book.

Stan Lee pulls a woman away from falling debris in the scene with Doc Ock and Aunt May.

(I think...)

I thought the "snooty usher" seemed like a good spot for a celebrity cameo.

IMDB says it's the same guy who was the Wrestling Ring Announcer in Spider-man 1.

Bruce cambel of the evil dead movies and bubbaho-tep

Hal sparks who also hosted talk soup for a while.

Hal sparks who also hosted talk soup for a while.

thumbsup2.gif

were there any Marvel cameos thsi time around (besides Stan?)

Also, I know Ditko is still too pished off to get involved in any way, but it would be a kick to see him (with Stan?) in #3. He should be getting something because his name is pretty prominently in the credits (with Stan)