• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

huge ebay cgc lot

25 posts in this topic

comicnation007 must have a pretty good collection for sale.

check out this ebay auction. xmen 1, FF 1, AF 15, Hulk 1 and 181, 3 copies of ToS #39.

would be great if it wasnt a dubious seller.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150870200029

he also has an AF 15 cgc 5.5 in another auction.

this was the same seller who i had bid on an AF15 and ASM 1 package, but didnt meet the reserve, who came back and asked if id want to buy it off ebay. but with a 21 day wait period until funds cleared paypal.

This auction should be removed. The description is filled with attempt after attempt to make an offline deal. It reads like a non-committal, send me your bank card PIN before you bid, gonna jack you up for as much money as you've got listing. AVOID.

i reported, you should too.

how much you wanna bet that reserve is over a million...

listing with zero intent to sell via ebay... you'd think that would chap their hides.

This part doesnt even make sense:

We will provide you with certificate of ownership for each and a chance to list these free with one of the largest comic firms in the country.

so they arent actually gonna send you the books, but send you a certificate that you own them? And then have you go thru their auction house to sell it? (wonder what that seller fee is?)

S

C

A

M

This guy had a negative the other day and it has now been removed.

Does anyone remember if the neg feedback violated policy?

Also I got a kick out of this: "Buyer will be provided receipts showing our ownership. The same proof we showed Ebay and Paypal before allowing an Auction this size."

What a crock of bull.

Looks like some similar sports card auctions I would see a couple of years back. Pic lifting from other sites/google, then possibly holding onto the pics for a period of time before trying to post for sale on eBay. I'd certainly steer clear of that auction. And the 21 day hold he mentions can be lifted by supplying eBay/Paypal certain info. Makes me think it COULD be a previously banned seller under a different ID and IP, now with new IP and new ID back on the prowl. Just my 2 cents, could be wrong. hm

His auctions use pics listed on Heritage and Comiclink. I have caught him in the past. He is the one that was claiming to be selling a book that I recently picked up. He claims to have the books and that they are not substitute images.

Avoid him like the plague... or... report report report

Or...

I will ask my 92 year old grandmother, a woman who sits in her rocking chair all day, to wish him death on Christmas or something like that.

I just sent him a message ...

Hi, if I won this auction, (because of the sheer amount) I would prefer to pay you in cash, in person. I know you have your requirements, but I would require you to fly to the U.K. with all the CGC slabs, meet me in person; where I would hand over the cash in $'s.