• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,131 posts in this topic

Loved the trailer! Infinitely better than the Captain America trailer. I'm so excited for this X-Movie.

Not

Double not.

triple :whistle:

Crashing Helicarriers is soooooo 2012. meh

I like both trailers, honestly, and for different reasons.

I'm not even a huge Cap fan either but it was awesome!

The X-Men trailer was a fractured mess. I seriously hope the movie is better.

Well, one is due to be released a month and a half before the other, yet these trailers were released almost simultaneously. I would wager there's still a bunch to be done to both films, especially X-men before they are truly ready to roll out.

Loved the trailer! Infinitely better than the Captain America trailer. I'm so excited for this X-Movie.

Not

Not + 1.

Was that a Not on the Not, or just an additional subsequent Not in agreement with the original Not, or Not?

Ok I went back and watched the trailer again, just to see if I missed something.

I'm not see a mess or getting a fractured feeling anywhere. It's one of the most impressive casts in any movie, much less a super hero movie, and it's adapting one of the greatest story arcs ever told in comics. The trailer really conveyed that emotion and teased, as it was meant to, at a wild story.

I've been waiting since I was 10, when I read this book off the stands, to see this played out on the big screen. That may set me up for disappointment, but I have to say, this looks far more impressive than anything I could have imagined and we haven't even seen a Sentinel in action yet.

Ok I went back and watched the trailer again, just to see if I missed something.

I'm not see a mess or getting a fractured feeling anywhere. It's one of the most impressive casts in any movie, much less a super hero movie, and it's adapting one of the greatest story arcs ever told in comics. The trailer really conveyed that emotion and teased, as it was meant to, at a wild story.

I've been waiting since I was 10, when I read this book off the stands, to see this played out on the big screen. That may set me up for disappointment, but I have to say, this looks far more impressive than anything I could have imagined and we haven't even seen a Sentinel in action yet.

I'm glad you liked it. But it sure didn't look much like the original story. I guess I was hoping for something a little closer to the comic. And maybe a trailer that showed a post apocalyptic future controlled by sentinels. Maybe that's why I feel let down.

Also seemed more like a teaser where you had a bunch of quick shots of the cast showing off some of their powers, rather than explain the story.

One question, how did Prof X come back? Did they just erase that crappy movie from the timeline? Is this some kind of reboot or is he another Prof X from an alternate reality?

Edited by Rip

I'm glad you liked it. But it sure didn't look much like the original story. I guess I was hoping for something a little closer to the comic. And maybe a trailer that showed a post apocalyptic controlled by sentinels. Maybe that's why I feel let down.

Also seemed more like a teaser where you had a bunch of quick shots of the cast showing off some of their powers, rather than explain the story.

One question, how did Prof X come back? Did they just erase that crappy movie from the timeline? Is this some kind of reboot or is he another Prof X from an alternate reality?

I thought the showed it over the end credits of Last Stand, he used his psychic powers to "transfer his mind" to a host body, and they show him hospitalized on Muir Island.

I want Sentinels too. I agree that this looked like a teaser. I have a feeling the final rendering on the Sentinel CGI will be the final step in completion. I'd rather wait until it's done to see it.

I missed the end credits with Prof X. Just watched it. (thumbs u I feel stupid.

I did read that The director was going to "fix" somethings in the X-Men universe. (thumbs u

Edited by Rip

I missed the end credits with Prof X. Just watched it. (thumbs u I feel stupid.

I did read that The director was going to "fix" somethings in the X-Men universe. (thumbs u

That still wouldn't explain how he could come back in his original body.

The answer I have been reading is that he transfers his mind into the body of his twin brother (who was born a vegetable). But then, this begs the next question - why is he still in a wheelchair? Does his twin brother also just happen to be paralyzed?

I want so much for this movie to be good. Even with the changes I hope it is.

Many of you around my age remember the shock those books had when we read them. I remember re-living it when Rachel enter the X-men universe again as her version is different.

I hope like hell they treat John Byrne and Claremont like royalty if this movie is pulled off. As much as I loved the Dark Phoenix saga 141-142 are the top of the X mountain for me.

Cap looked better by miles.

This just looked muddled - certainly won't be rushing to see it based on that.

Cap on the other hand is pencilled in for a family day out.