• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,131 posts in this topic

Bryan Singer's X-Men: Days of Future Past. Here's the full rating:

PG-13 (for sequences of intense sci-fi violence and action, some suggestive material, nudity and language)

What do you think the "nudity" refers to in the film? hm

mystique

Let the cheesy licensing agreement product tie-ins begin:

'X-Men' and Carl's Jr. Make for a Messy Marketing Mutation

...The first one out of the gate featured a new recruit to the mutant mania, Quicksilver (Evan Peters). Using his super-speed, he's able to chow down an entire X-Tra Bacon, Egg & Cheese Biscuit and gulp down a set PA's orange juice all before a rogue (ha!) piece of bacon hits the floor...

...However, the ad campaign does have its fans, such as Vincent Zurzulo of Metropolis Collectibles, Inc. & ComicConnect, Corp.

"Half of me thinks they are neat, the other half thinks they are silly and all of me is very hungry," he says. "Super-heroes have always promoted food products. I think these are fun and neat. I think people will dig 'em and I bet sales of the burgers will go up. With great power comes great indigestion?"

And Zurzulo urges us to remember the message of the X-Men themselves when it comes to approaching the campaign. "The message of the X-Men is tolerance. Out of my respect for the X-Men I will tolerate this money grab," he says....

silver.jpg

xmen.jpg

...The first one out of the gate featured a new recruit to the mutant mania, Quicksilver (Evan Peters). Using his super-speed, he's able to chow down an entire X-Tra Bacon, Egg & Cheese Biscuit and gulp down a set PA's orange juice all before a rogue (ha!) piece of bacon hits the floor...

...However, the ad campaign does have its fans, such as Vincent Zurzulo of Metropolis Collectibles, Inc. & ComicConnect, Corp.

"Half of me thinks they are neat, the other half thinks they are silly and all of me is very hungry," he says. "Super-heroes have always promoted food products. I think these are fun and neat. I think people will dig 'em and I bet sales of the burgers will go up. With great power comes great indigestion?"

And Zurzulo urges us to remember the message of the X-Men themselves when it comes to approaching the campaign. "The message of the X-Men is tolerance. Out of my respect for the X-Men I will tolerate this money grab," he says....

silver.jpg

xmen.jpg

Yeah, I posted those earlier when they came out.

I'd really love to know on the financials what Carl's Jr. paid for these commercials versus what type of purchase bump they experience. But to do that, they would have had to apply a coupon code or something like that to relate the commercial with the purchase.

Too tough to tell.

I didn't think to look back 3 weeks in the thread.....frigging Yahoo news. doh!

But the funny comments From Vincent at Metropolis was what really prompted me to post it.

But the funny comments From Vincent at Metropolis was what really prompted me to post it.

With great power comes great indigestion

:roflmao:

I love it!

With great power comes great indigestion

:roflmao:

I love it!

lol

silver.jpg

xmen.jpg

I'd really love to know on the financials what Carl's Jr. paid for these commercials versus what type of purchase bump they experience. But to do that, they would have had to apply a coupon code or something like that to relate the commercial with the purchase.

Too tough to tell.

I'm sure there are very smart marketing analysts and very high level statistical programs that CAN quantify the impact of a given commercial on business. I'm equally sure that they would not release that information.

I'm sure there are very smart marketing analysts and very high level statistical programs that CAN quantify the impact of a given commercial on business. I'm equally sure that they would not release that information.

There are. Even in-house analytical models that take many marketing variables into consideration. Yet the most accurate form of tracking is if you have a promotion code tied to a campaign because there is no question what the motivator was for the purchase. Especially when other variables may impact your sales such as competitors raising prices, spring/summer vacation traffic, etc.

I work with seven phD statisticians, and sales and predicting where to build branches can be some of the trickiest forecasting. It's amazing how much data goes into these decisions.

Bryan Singer's X-Men: Days of Future Past. Here's the full rating:

PG-13 (for sequences of intense sci-fi violence and action, some suggestive material, nudity and language)

What do you think the "nudity" refers to in the film? hm

mystique

Jennifer L. wears a body-suit, so she's not just makeup & skin like Rebecca Romijn...

-slym