• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,131 posts in this topic

prediction, settled out of court for undisclosed amount.

That's what I am thinking from the writeups. There is money tied to the suit already.

The suit does not specifically demand a monetary figure, but states that the damages suffered warrant in excess of $75,000.

Maybe the 17 year old kid flew out to Hawaii to audition for Northstar?? (shrug)

Supposedly a kid is sexually abused over a two year period from what the reports are showing so far. That's not even funny to joke like that.

Hopefully the facts come out in this case, and whoever is guilty pays the price.

Ouch. Just read this. Hopefully the truth comes to the surface.

etccux.jpg

:)

Young X: I DON'T WANT YOUR FUTURE!!!

Old X: I WANT TO KNOW HOW YOU ARE WALKING AGAIN!!!

"Why do we have a British accent"???

To make them sound intelligent. :whistle:

But the character isn't British :frustrated:

I wouldn't class their movie accents as being 'British'.

Unless you are saying that only American actors can play American characters.

Really....what would you call their accents then?

Don't worry it looks like this could be Singers last X-Men film...dude just got charged with raping an underage boy. Maybe they'll give the franchise back to Marvel afterall...

or back to Ratner. :grin:

That does not look like it will stick. It is a whole lot of accusations with no evidence to support it. It will be ignored since Singer is too busy releasing this movie while working on the next.

I don't know about that. The accusations are very specific, some at parties with multiple people present. If witnesses confirm the story, it could be big trouble for Singer.

These are horrible charges. And if they are true, even worse as a 15 year old boy's life was drastically altered in a despicable way.

But I have just read four articles on the topic to see which said there were witnesses, and each (NY Daily News, Washington Post, NBCnews.com, Chicago Tribune) seem to all be repeats of the same article. And none talk of witnesses confirming the case. At least, not yet.

Amazing how fast this moves though. Someone already posted this news on Bryan Singer's wiki site.

Wouldn't Marc Collins-Rector be a witness? He set up the first meeting between the boy and Singer and was present for the alleged sexual abuse/assault.

Wouldn't Marc Collins-Rector be a witness? He set up the first meeting between the boy and Singer and was present for the alleged sexual abuse/assault.

He would be a witness. But none have come forward yet stating they saw any of these events taking place as a witness. Right now, it is an initial suit making claims that have to be proven, and which is already hinting at money and bringing more charges against someone (no clarity on this yet if it is Singer or other parties that were either involved or it could be unrelated cases).

But no names are given as witnesses to the alleged activities. Not yet.

But no names are given as witnesses to the alleged activities. Not yet.

If if he is entirely innocent his life will never be the same again.

Maybe the 17 year old kid flew out to Hawaii to audition for Northstar?? (shrug)

Supposedly a kid is sexually abused over a two year period from what the reports are showing so far. That's not even funny to joke like that.

Hopefully the facts come out in this case, and whoever is guilty pays the price.

Ouch. Just read this. Hopefully the truth comes to the surface.

Double ouch. Marc Collins-Rector is a real life villain. Even if Singer is innocent he'll never escape the stigma of being an associate of that guy. Sad all around.

That's what I am thinking from the writeups. There is money tied to the suit already.

The suit does not specifically demand a monetary figure, but states that the damages suffered warrant in excess of $75,000.

It's all money. This isn't a criminal case, it's a civil suit.

Also, there's no mention I've seen of the allegations against Singer being for when the plaintiff was younger than 17.

The normal statute of limitations on something like this claim would have long since passed, given the 15 year time lapse, however Hawaii has a statutory loop hole that allows cases to be filed at a later date. Coincidentally, the plaintiff alleges this also happened to him in Hawaii. Which is odd for another reason....the age of consent in Hawaii is 16.

The weird thing is he claims being repeatedly abused by other parties (which might be the "since he was 15" thing you referred to), but they are not the subject of suit.

So, yes, this is all money at this point.

Don't worry it looks like this could be Singers last X-Men film...dude just got charged with raping an underage boy. Maybe they'll give the franchise back to Marvel afterall...

or back to Ratner. :grin:

Sued, not charged.

Universe spanning difference there.

Don't sexual charges have no statue of limitations? Why would this only be a civil case then? Wouldn't it look less like a cash grab of it had criminal charges associated with it?

Edit: Just checked Hawaii....only murder has no statute. Class A felonies (their worst outside of murder/manslaughter) is a 6 year statute.

And California: Outside of a crime for which you could get life in prison, the max statute of limitations is 6 years as well.

Criminal charges are almost impossible to prove at this point without several witnesses all with matching stories and no motive to lie. 15 years hence there's no physical evidence so corroboration is the only possible way to build a case.

It doesn't help that he's stretched the case to Hawaii to catch their statute loop hole, accusing Singer of abuse when he was 17 and the age of consent there is 16.

The burden for criminal prosecution is much higher. It's difficult to prove with current cases and actual physical evidence. 15 years down the line when a civil suit was filed first? Even if they could I doubt they'd try.

Don't sexual charges have no statue of limitations? Why would this only be a civil case then? Wouldn't it look less like a cash grab of it had criminal charges associated with it?

Edit: Just checked Hawaii....only murder has no statute. Class A felonies (their worst outside of murder/manslaughter) is a 6 year statute.

And California: Outside of a crime for which you could get life in prison, the max statute of limitations is 6 years as well.

Criminal charges are almost impossible to prove at this point without several witnesses all with matching stories and no motive to lie. 15 years hence there's no physical evidence so corroboration is the only possible way to build a case.

It doesn't help that he's stretched the case to Hawaii to catch their statute loop hole, accusing Singer of abuse when he was 17 and the age of consent there is 16.

The burden for criminal prosecution is much higher. It's difficult to prove with current cases and actual physical evidence. 15 years down the line when a civil suit was filed first? Even if they could I doubt they'd try.

Yea I hate to say this about something that might have ruined someone's life, but after this comment it seems like a huge cash grab.

Yea I hate to say this about something that might have ruined someone's life, but after this comment it seems like a huge cash grab.

It's entirely possible, from reading the story, that there were many people willing to possibly take advantage of a young man by dangling his dreams of movie stardom in front of him. It's also possible he did so willingly after reaching the age of consent. If the latter is true then the delay is plausible given that he may be realizing that the exchange he expected is never going to happen. If it's the former then you have to wonder why it's just Singer he's seeking damages from and not the other people he mentions abusing him in the suit.

There are a ton of missing facts and details here. It's too soon to make judgments. I hope everyone can see that and wait to castigate Egan or Singer. Eventually the details will arise.

It's all money. This isn't a criminal case, it's a civil suit.

Also, there's no mention I've seen of the allegations against Singer being for when the plaintiff was younger than 17.

The normal statute of limitations on something like this claim would have long since passed, given the 15 year time lapse, however Hawaii has a statutory loop hole that allows cases to be filed at a later date. Coincidentally, the plaintiff alleges this also happened to him in Hawaii. Which is odd for another reason....the age of consent in Hawaii is 16.

The weird thing is he claims being repeatedly abused by other parties (which might be the "since he was 15" thing you referred to), but they are not the subject of suit.

So, yes, this is all money at this point.

And it just so happens to come up right before the movie goes live. As if a tactical move to force the studio into a situation where it wants this case to go away by any means possible.

What timing.