• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,131 posts in this topic

Timing just seems perfect for this to make headlines though.

Was typing the same exact thought.

To play devil's advocate for the alleged victim, IF I was somehow abused, it would have been a shocking and damaging situation, possibly to the point where I might not want to or be able to deal with it for some amount of time (if ever). Through time and therapy, I might be able to face it (lets say this finally happened in the past 6 months), and THEN realize that A) the suspect should be punished (but the statute of limitations has passed) and B) I want to expose the suspect so it doesn't happen to someone else. IF I wanted to have the MAXIMUM impact and best chance at damages, my lawyer and I WOULD TRY to choose a proper timing.

A lot of times with sexual crimes (and other crimes), there is no set timing for WHEN you feel you are strong enough to fight back, or stand up, or face your accuser.

I think many of us know too few of the facts to speculate too much, and I'm a big fan of not putting the victim (or suspect) on trial even in the court of public opinion until more facts are in.

To play devil's advocate for the alleged victim, IF I was somehow abused, it would have been a shocking and damaging situation, possibly to the point where I might not want to or be able to deal with it for some amount of time (if ever). Through time and therapy, I might be able to face it (lets say this finally happened in the past 6 months), and THEN realize that A) the suspect should be punished (but the statute of limitations has passed) and B) I want to expose the suspect so it doesn't happen to someone else. IF I wanted to have the MAXIMUM impact and best chance at damages, my lawyer and I WOULD TRY to choose a proper timing.

A lot of times with sexual crimes (and other crimes), there is no set timing for WHEN you feel you are strong enough to fight back, or stand up, or face your accuser.

I think many of us know too few of the facts to speculate too much, and I'm a big fan of not putting the victim (or suspect) on trial even in the court of public opinion until more facts are in.

All true. I agree.

I will be most interested to see the reasoning behind not naming Collins-Rector as a defendant when, in the suit against Singer, he mentions that Collins-Rector hosted the parties at which he as abused and that Collins-Rector continually abused him.

There's got to be so much more to this story.

All true. I agree.

I will be most interested to see the reasoning behind not naming Collins-Rector as a defendant when, in the suit against Singer, he mentions that Collins-Rector hosted the parties at which he as abused and that Collins-Rector continually abused him.

It will be interesting. But sad as well. Because either way, there is something not good in the end. Either an abuse case, a shakedown, or it could even be a slight mix of the two if there was some relationship that was at a legal age and now the youth portion was added for sympathy.

Didn't see this posted here yet... notice, at the 2:08 mark (roughly), wolverine is slicing a dude with his bone claws - yet they make a distinctly metallic noise. Sound guy screwed up?

Guess I should add a spoiler warning, as folks on youtube are complaining this trailer gives away too much, so, spoiler warning!

3 words:

Sentinels, Sentinels, Sentinels!

etccux.jpg

:)

Young X: I DON'T WANT YOUR FUTURE!!!

Old X: I WANT TO KNOW HOW YOU ARE WALKING AGAIN!!!

"Why do we have a British accent"???

To make them sound intelligent. :whistle:

But the character isn't British :frustrated:

I wouldn't class their movie accents as being 'British'.

Unless you are saying that only American actors can play American characters.

Really....what would you call their accents then?

Er, I wouldn't call them anything. There is no such thing as a 'British' accent. Dialects are different all over Great Britain, just as I assume they are in the US.

They speak English - what more do you want?

etccux.jpg

Er, I wouldn't call them anything. There is no such thing as a 'British' accent. Dialects are different all over Great Britain, just as I assume they are in the US.

I think that some people are wondering why Charles Xavier, who by all accounts grew up in New York in the 50's and 60's speaks in a way (what 99.99% of people on this planet would call an 'accent') that appears to be more typical of the way people speak if they were from a place called "England", which is a part of a place called "Great Britain".

I think the answer is that there is a small subset of people who grow up very rich in the Northeast (of America) that do have a somewhat 'more noble' accent, that does sounds 'somewhat British' to many Americans. Often times this is attributed to having one or more parents that are British, 'charm school,' and/or a butler (or other servants) who are British. Add that to college and grad school in Britain, and you've got the makings a of a light but discernible (and plausible) British accent.

BUT I'm pretty sure FOX would prefer that you don't ask.

etccux.jpg

As a friend once quipped, British pronunciation is not future it's FUUCHA.

I'd say this qualifies. :whee:

All true. I agree.

Chris,

The article I read just now says that they went to the LAPD but that they dismissed the charges.

from the TMZ.com article

Michael Egan, who just sued "X-Men" director Bryan Singer for allegedly sexually assaulting him when he was a minor, says he complained to the LAPD that he was repeatedly sodomized at Hollywood parties by various moguls ... but no action was taken.

Egan says his mother went to the FBI and LAPD back in 2000 and he was even interviewed ... he has no idea what happened.

shouldn't there be police reports etc if this is true?

etccux.jpg

I think that some people are wondering why Charles Xavier, who by all accounts grew up in New York in the 50's and 60's speaks in a way (what 99.99% of people on this planet would call an 'accent') that appears to be more typical of the way people speak if they were from a place called "England", which is a part of a place called "Great Britain".

I think the answer is that there is a small subset of people who grow up very rich in the Northeast (of America) that do have a somewhat 'more noble' accent, that does sounds 'somewhat British' to many Americans. Often times this is attributed to having one or more parents that are British, 'charm school,' and/or a butler (or other servants) who are British. Add that to college and grad school in Britain, and you've got the makings a of a light but discernible (and plausible) British accent.

I'm guessing then that his 'accent' is probably part of his mutant genetics.

etccux.jpg

As a friend once quipped, British pronunciation is not future it's FUUCHA.

I'd say this qualifies. :whee:

:insane:

I think it's more of a FUUCYA.

All true. I agree.

Chris,

The article I read just now says that they went to the LAPD but that they dismissed the charges.

from the TMZ.com article

Michael Egan, who just sued "X-Men" director Bryan Singer for allegedly sexually assaulting him when he was a minor, says he complained to the LAPD that he was repeatedly sodomized at Hollywood parties by various moguls ... but no action was taken.

Egan says his mother went to the FBI and LAPD back in 2000 and he was even interviewed ... he has no idea what happened.

shouldn't there be police reports etc if this is true?

There would have to be a record. By 2000 the LAPD was well aware of potenial liability from failing to document and properly examine claims like this.

That thread is great! lol

lol

tumblr_mknrvrdyWa1rn55nzo1_500.jpg

that picture makes me uncomfortable for a number of reasons...

I laughed pretty hard when I read that comment. I thought the same thing when I was a kid collecting these cards.

Bryan Singer gave this card to the kid accusing him..

That thread is great! lol

lol

tumblr_mknrvrdyWa1rn55nzo1_500.jpg

that picture makes me uncomfortable for a number of reasons...

I laughed pretty hard when I read that comment. I thought the same thing when I was a kid collecting these cards.

Bryan Singer gave this card to the kid accusing him..

2nrm3ap.jpg

Reminds me of this, where the guy commented on what it

would look like if they reversed the role poses of male and female actors/actresses

on movie posters. lol

Edited by bronze_rules

etccux.jpg

I'm guessing then that his 'accent' is probably part of his mutant genetics.

Can you fit through that hoop? It seems awfully tight ;)

Is Magneto's British accent equally distracting?

He's not playing an American in the movie

So no.

So no.

Ah, right, I get it.

German with British accent (thumbs u

American with British accent :pullhair:

So no.

Ah, right, I get it.

Magneto is German?

So no.

Ah, right, I get it.

Magneto is German?

I believe he was of German Jewish descent according to his comic origin.