• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,131 posts in this topic

I pulled these blurbs from reviews listed on Metacritic. They really excite me:

"For better or worse, X-Men: Days Of Future Past is the first Marvel movie to truly embrace comics-style storytelling."

"It feels like the single most successful attempt to pull the shape of one of the beloved comic stories into the film world. It also feels like Bryan Singer has finally figured out how to shoot an action scene where the X-Men actually look and feel like the X-Men, and where the fantastic is handled the right way."

How can this possibly be, when every trailer I've seen looks like it has nothing to do with the original story aside from some window dressing.

Unless the reviewers never read the original story… hm

Did the reviews say it was accurate to the original story? (shrug)

For over 10 years, I have held and defended X2: X-Men United as the best comic film of all-time. Even after Spider-man 2, Iron Man, The Dark Knight, Avengers and Captain America 2, it was still X2 for me.

Not anymore.

There's a new king, and incidentally, it's from the same franchise - X-Men: Days of Future Past! The movie was perfect - action, humor, drama, characterization and comic mythos.. paying homage to previous X-films.

Great great movie!