• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Iron Man #55

16 posts in this topic

5.5-6.0

CGC will hammer that stain on the front and back.

I agree, but I was giving it the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes it's hard to see the extent of the stain by a scan. Also, seems like a bit of foxing along top edge.

I've gotten back 9.4's with stains. This book is great. Get it graded and be surprised.

Not with foxing that heavy and what looks like a 1 inch color breaking crease on the back cover. I would say it could be in the 7.0 range. Give or take.

If not for the stains on the top FC & BC, this would be 8.5 maybe 9.0

But the stains drop it to 6.5-7.0 IMHO- Maybe 7.5 but I think the stain on the BC is too extensive, though I admit I'm not too familiar with how CGC feels about them.

Still way better than my copy :applause:

I've gotten back 9.4's with stains. This book is great. Get it graded and be surprised.

Not with foxing that heavy and what looks like a 1 inch color breaking crease on the back cover. I would say it could be in the 7.0 range. Give or take.

I didn't say it it would get a 9.4. I was merely alluding to the fact that grading for light staining is really subjective. How do you break color on white?