• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sweet Timely - Marvel Mystery Comics -CLOSED. ALL SOLD

31 posts in this topic

I am going to list a number of nice Marvel Mystery Comics - including a number of classic covers, appearances and sought after issues. Many of these issues I have bought right here on the boards over the last 2-4 years. Need to sell these books to pay for my two daughters sports - which require a fair amount of travel, so hopefully there is some interest in the books. Will try these here first, then off to another venue if there is no interest.

"Rules of Engagement":

First person to post this guy ... :takeit: in the tread, takes the book. PMs are welcome. Prices are as noted, but I will consider offers, please PM me.

Payment for books is preferred by money order. May consider taking a cheque (must clear) from a well known board member and if I have dealt with you previously. May consider taking Paypal for some of the lower priced items or as noted from known board members only. I may consider time payments with a non-refundable deposit. All books are final sale - if you have any questions, please ask before you make your purchase.

Shipping is $25 to anywhere in the Continental USA or Canada. I will not ship outside of the USA or Canada. Books ship from Canada and will be shipped with full insurance/tracking/secure method. I package very well. You can read my feedback in the "kudos" thread.

I will not sell to any member on probation or HOS.

None of the books listed have been pressed while in my possession.

Thanks for taking a look. Hate to sell any of these, but here goes...

Marvel Mystery Comics #46 1943

CGC Grade: 1.0 Cream to Off White Pages

Notes: Classic Hitler Cover, Alex Schomburg Cover, Bondage Cover

Comments: Doesn't get much better than this. Tough book. Not much GPA info on this issue, but a 2.0 sold last year for around $2800 or so, I believe. This copy has great eye appeal for a 1.0. Missing bottom part of back cover. Maybe a copy for restoration if you are in to that sort of thing, or leave as is. Classic Timely.

Asking: $1995.00

img0298kj.jpg

Here is the back cover, where you can see the lower part of it is missing, hence the lower grade...

img0299z.jpg

Marvel Mystery Comics #20 1941

CGC Grade: 5.0 Cream to Off White Pages

Notes: Classic Subby Cover, Alex Schomburg Cover, Origin of Angel (text)

Comments: Bought this book from Bill Posetti a number of years back and got it slabbed about a year ago. Thought it was a 7.0. Looks way better in my opinion than the grade. Sharp looking book.

Asking: BOOK IS SOLD!!! Thank You!

img0292lw.jpg

Marvel Mystery Comics #33 1942

CGC Grade: 4.0 Cream to Off White Pages

Notes: Alex Schomburg Cover

Comments: This always seems to be a more popular issue. Not sure if the cover is really considered "classic", but still a great Timely issue. I love the colour and was happy to add this one to my collection. This was a slabbed board purchase about a year or so ago, but I honestly cannot remember who I bought it from. Again, another mid-grade book with really nice eye appeal.

Asking: $995

img0296iz.jpg

Marvel Mystery Comics #36 1942

CGC Grade: 7.0 Cream to Off White Pages (Slight Professional Restoration)

Restoration: Spine spilt sealed, cover reinforced at stapes

Notes: Classic Invasion of NYC Cover, Alex Schomburg Cover

Comments: Classic invasion of New York City with the Statue of Liberty cover. Love how Schomburg drew this cover. Just great stuff in my opinion. Minor restoration on this book... no trimming and no colour touch. Great looking copy. Was a local slabbed purchase. Please note that the slab has a crack on the back at top and bottom. Needs to be re-slabbed. Book is in no way damaged at all. Just needs a new slab. Old label goodness.

Asking: BOOK IS SOLD!!! Thank you!

img0297rz.jpg

Marvel Mystery Comics #46 1943

CGC Grade: 1.0 Cream to Off White Pages

Notes: Classic Hitler Cover, Alex Schomburg Cover, Bondage Cover

Comments: Doesn't get much better than this. Tough book. Not much GPA info on this issue, but a 2.0 sold last year for around $2800 or so, I believe. This copy has great eye appeal for a 1.0. Missing bottom part of back cover. Maybe a copy for restoration if you are in to that sort of thing, or leave as is. Classic Timely.

Asking: $1995.00

img0298kj.jpg

Here is the back cover, where you can see the lower part of it is missing, hence the lower grade...

img0299z.jpg

Nicest 1.0 I've ever seen

Comments: Bought this book from Bill Posetti a number of years back and got it slabbed about a year ago. Thought it was a 7.0. Looks way better in my opinion than the grade. Sharp looking book.

Asking: $1250.00

img0292lw.jpg

Per PM... :takeit:

Asking: $1250.00

img0292lw.jpg

Per PM... :takeit:

Another ^^ Thanks Jeff. Great book, great pick up. :grin:

Marvel Mystery Comics #41 1943

Notes: Classic Japanese High Command Cover, Alex Schomburg Cover

Comments: Bought this book from Rick at New Force a few years back. Tough issue. I believe this is a harder book to find in the MMC run. Another book with few graded and not much in the way of GPA data. Last sale of a 5.0 shows for $2000 in 2009. Another popular MMC issue.

img0303ru.jpg

Marvel Mystery Comics #21 1941

Notes: Classic Nazi Cover, Alex Schomburg Cover, 1st Appearance of Patriot

Comments: Another book I bought from Rick at New Force a few years back. Tough issue. Again, not much GPA history on this book either. 6.5 shows sold for $2000. Another popular MMC issue. Nice looking book - another Schomburg cover with crazy wild action. You just cannot go wrong collection these kinds of books.

img0301xs.jpg

Marvel Mystery Comics #29 1942

CGC Grade: 7.0 SP Off White Pages (Slight Professional Restoration)

Restoration: Piece added to cover, tear seals to cover and interior, cover cleaned, cover reinforced.

Notes: Alex Schomburg Cover, Bondage/Torture Cover, Decapitated Head Panel

Comments: Another board purchase, crazy cover issue. I just love these Alex Schomburg covers. Great looking copy.

Asking: $725.00

img0300jw.jpg

Marvel Mystery Comics #36 1942

CGC Grade: 7.0 Cream to Off White Pages (Slight Professional Restoration)

Restoration: Spine spilt sealed, cover reinforced at stapes

Notes: Classic Invasion of NYC Cover, Alex Schomburg Cover

Comments: Classic invasion of New York City with the Statue of Liberty cover. Love how Schomburg drew this cover. Just great stuff in my opinion. Minor restoration on this book... no trimming and no colour touch. Great looking copy. Was a local slabbed purchase. Please note that the slab has a crack on the back at top and bottom. Needs to be re-slabbed. Book is in no way damaged at all. Just needs a new slab. Old label goodness.

img0297rz.jpg

How much was this one?

Marvel Mystery Comics #41 1943

Notes: Classic Japanese High Command Cover, Alex Schomburg Cover

Comments: Bought this book from Rick at New Force a few years back. Tough issue. I believe this is a harder book to find in the MMC run. Another book with few graded and not much in the way of GPA data. Last sale of a 5.0 shows for $2000 in 2009. Another popular MMC issue.

Asking: $1500.00

img0303ru.jpg

Agreed, this book is REALLY TOUGH!