• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don't Ever Sell on Ebay! Ever Ever! Bad Place! Bad!

88 posts in this topic

:frustrated:

Ebay steals your money. They enable buyers to purchase items from you, claim they never received said item, file a claim, receive a refund withdrawn from your Paypal account, and when you call Ebay and say, "Here's the tracking number. It's not my fault the package is stuck in Turkish customs," they say, "We understand but the package still hasn't been received by the buyer. Sorry, there's nothing we can do." Net result: My item is gone and I have zero dollars to show for it.

GROWL!

Ebay steals your money. They enable buyers to purchase items from you, claim they never received said item, file a claim, receive a refund withdrawn from your Paypal account, and when you call Ebay and say, "Here's the tracking number. It's not my fault the package is stuck in Turkish customs," they say, "We understand but the package still hasn't been received by the buyer. Sorry, there's nothing we can do." Net result: My item is gone and I have zero dollars to show for it.

GROWL!

Sorry to hear about this.

I suggest calling Paypal and telling them the situation. Pointing out your 100% feedback score telling them how they monopolize your business.

If that doesn't work, call ebay and tell them the same thing. Usually they will refund you some money just so you stop calling.

My bad experiences have been ramping up considerably the last year or so. I don't know if that's because my statistical population has increased and thus the chances for a bad experience have correspondingly increased or if ebay is just getting worse. Maybe it's both.

If that doesn't work, call ebay and tell them the same thing. Usually they will refund you some money just so you stop calling.

I called ebay and spent 8 minutes yelling at the girl that answered with righteous fury and demands to speak to a manager. I hung up having accomplished nothing.

I called ebay and spent 8 minutes yelling at the girl that answered with righteous fury and demands to speak to a manager. I hung up having accomplished nothing.

In my experience, if you keep calling and alternating from paypal to ebay and so on, they will cave and give you back some cash.

How did you ship the item?

GROWL!

Same thing happened to me, and that is why I will NEVER sell anything outside of the US.

1st class international with tracking. The problem is that the tracking info just stops once it left the US. Not surprising.

1st class international with tracking. The problem is that the tracking info just stops once it left the US. Not surprising.

Insurance?

GROWL!

Same thing happened to me, and that is why I will NEVER sell anything outside of the US.

:sorry: Some of us International buyers are ok....

When I sell internationally I usually restrict it to the boards. On Feebay I do restrict shipping to US for just these sort of reasons. If someone contacts me and are from a country that I know doesn't impound items for eternity in customs I will review their history and then allow them to bid if I am comfortable with it.

International shipping and the ability to scam is one of, if not eBay and Paypal's biggest achilles heel IMO. I sell very little these days on there, but, I learned my lesson in 09/10. Buyers expect something too quick, pitch a fit when they don't get it quick(even though they refuse/refused to pay for expedited shipping). I got tired of that BS and cut out the international shipping altogether. Not worth my time, energy nor aggravation. rantrant

International shipping and the ability to scam is one of, if not eBay and Paypal's biggest achilles heel IMO. I sell very little these days on there, but, I learned my lesson in 09/10. Buyers expect something too quick, pitch a fit when they don't get it quick(even though they refuse/refused to pay for expedited shipping). I got tired of that BS and cut out the international shipping altogether. Not worth my time, energy nor aggravation. rantrant

Yep. No more international shipping of pricey stuff ($100+) on the Bay.

Only cheaper comics that will fit into a flat rate envelope.

Insurance?

No, although I'm not sure how international insurance works when a package just disappears for a while, which I'm interpreting to mean sitting in a customs depot.

I find this true domestically as well, I had one person demand to know Monday where the auction he won on Friday was. He wouldn't accept hat Saturday and Sunday weren't business days.

There's no real tracking on 1st class international, unfortunately, which is why eBay/PP will always side with the buyer in a case like this.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, but how is it eBay's fault that you didn't ship the item in a way that qualified you for their Seller Protection?