• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My walking dead pre-order nightmare. Featuring ebayer comiconart!!

64 posts in this topic

Update: I just received a new message from the seller saying I was correct that there wasn't an option to upgrade to a box, I'm to ship them back for a refund.

The power of the boards?

yes. jjeanous is a really well known dude in the modern section. he doesn't want the black eye that SupaHoe has now. and i think he knows it didn't cost $19 to ship those books to you.

(thumbs u

Update: I just received a new message from the seller saying I was correct that there wasn't an option to upgrade to a box, I'm to ship them back for a refund.

The power of the boards?

Eff that...make sure he refunds your 19 bucks, AS WELL as the cost to ship it back to him. You shouldn't be out of pocket for anything. He should just send the refund...the only one making money here is the freaking post office.

Jim

Shipping comics considered to be "collectible" in a priority envelope is 100% ret@rded every time, no matter how much cardboard is used.

Must have shipped about 5000 comics this way and had good experiences with it with many repeat customers. I've also had people use boxes, and mess that up too. To each their own.

Perhaps I was a bit harsh but personally I CRINGE whenever a book arrives in any kind of envelopes. The amount of damaged in transit books shipped in an envelope vs a box is not even comparable. To each their own but envelope shipping just screams laziness to me.

I've got a good system to protect comics in a Priority padded envelope. A couple books, 6 pieces of cardboard and around 2" all the way around prevents it from getting crushed or mangled. I've sent out about 50 packages since the padded envelopes were made available, and haven't had a problem.

Some people just don't want to pay $10 for shipping of $30 in comics. It doesn't really have anything to do with being lazy.

The power of the boards?

Eff that...make sure he refunds your 19 bucks, AS WELL as the cost to ship it back to him. You shouldn't be out of pocket for anything. He should just send the refund...the only one making money here is the freaking post office.

Jim

That's what I was thinking. It's all on the seller in this case, couldn't be simpler.

Does anyone else find it funny that the only people that are taking up for the envelope shipping are those that are shipping in envelopes? :)

To each their own.

Does anyone else find it funny that the only people that are taking up for the envelope shipping are those that are shipping in envelopes? :)

To each their own.

It's certainly interesting. I've had people ship in USPS priority boxes with little to no packing material so the comic was sliding around inside the box during shipping :facepalm:

To each their own.

The old type of priority envelopes aren't good for shipping comics. They aren't durable enough to handle the rigid cardboard and tend to rip along the seams. However, the new PM padded envelopes are great. You can fit around 8 comics safely sandwich boarded between cardboard.

The power of the boards?

Good.

It was the sellers responsibility to get those to you safely. He set the shipping price and that minimum should be for the comics to be sent packaged well, delivered to your door. If there is an upgrade it should only be for tracking/insurance purposes.

I'm glad he's refunding you but make sure he also pays return shipping. This is all on him.

To each their own.

It's certainly interesting. I've had people ship in USPS priority boxes with little to no packing material so the comic was sliding around inside the box during shipping :facepalm:

hm

I was given the options to either ship them back for a full refund or to keep the books and be refunded just the purchase price. I think it's skanky to keep an item and demand a refund, then there's no proof of a problem.

So I'll get my purchase price back plus 19 shipping, and it will only cost me 11 or 12 to ship them back, all in all I'm only down ten bucks or less, but at least I've gotten some satisfaction.

I was given the options to either ship them back for a full refund or to keep the books and be refunded just the purchase price. I think it's skanky to keep an item and demand a refund, then there's no proof of a problem.

So I'll get my purchase price back plus 19 shipping, and it will only cost me 11 or 12 to ship them back, all in all I'm only down ten bucks or less, but at least I've gotten some satisfaction.

I agree with your decision. BTW, I think the seller was totally at fault here, especially when 19.00 can easily accomodate a Priority box price. I am very happy it was resolved. Don't underestimate the power of the press. I think it helped by taking it to the Boards. Good job!

When I got back into collecting comics and started buying stuff off eBay I would cringe when I received books in Priority Mail envelopes. Sometimes it was fine but most of the time the corners would get blunted even with cardboard inside, or the envelopes themselves would get demolished in transit.

Due to my personal experiences I will never ship any customer a comic book in an envelope. Everything goes boxed and the books are sandwiched between cardboard and encased in thick bubble wrap.

Not worth the risk of damages and an unhappy customer.

When I got back into collecting comics and started buying stuff off eBay I would cringe when I received books in Priority Mail envelopes. Sometimes it was fine but most of the time the corners would get blunted even with cardboard inside, or the envelopes themselves would get demolished in transit.

Due to my personal experiences I will never ship any customer a comic book in an envelope. Everything goes boxed and the books are sandwiched between cardboard and encased in thick bubble wrap.

Beachbum FTW

Beachbum's shipping method is top notch.