• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A pair of restored GA Keys ('Tec #66 & All-American #20)

18 posts in this topic

Howdy Folks,

Just got these back from CGC. Both books have been lovingly restored by boardie Mike @ Hero Restoration. He did an excellent job and is a class act in my book! :applause:

I have some scans of the original conditions of the books and if you're interested PM me and I'll send them to you.

Here's the catch though... I'm looking for a quick sale as I'm going on vacation for about nine days and need immediate payment tonight or tomorrow morning for the books so I can get them out to you tomorrow before I leave. I'll leave the thread open until tomorrow morning in case there is any quick interest. Otherwise, I'll put it on hold and resume it when I get back from vacation.

Other than that, the usual rules apply. Shipping is free to the USA. And offers are welcomed, but first :takeit: wins the day.

DETECTIVE COMICS #66 (1st Two-Face) CGC Apparent 7.5 EP

PRICE: $975 Shipped to the USA.

195965_o002.jpg

ALL-AMERICAN COMICS #20 (1st Red Tornado, Atom dons costume) CGC Apparent 6.0 EA

PRICE: $475 Shipped to the USA :news:SOLD!!!

NOTE: This book was logo-stripped/remaindered, so the top 1/3 of the cover is a recreation. Ultimately, this was likely the reason it received the EA instead of the EP.

195965_o001.jpg

Thanks for looking!

--CB

I still kick myself for missing out on buying a Tec 66 a few years back. Would have made a nice addition to the collection as I don't see them pop up too often.

I regret not buying a raw NM copy from Metro 20+ years ago for $1,000. doh!

Just a quick reminder:

I'm going on vacation starting Tuesday, so tomorrow is the last day I'll have to get the 'Tec #66 out for about 10 days. I'll keep it up for sale/offers, but if it isn't taken and paid for by tomorrow morning, there will be a significant delay in shipping.

Funny, I would have thought the Tec would have been gone by now. They dont come up very often and are hot right now. My Tec #41 sold in less than an hour of posting it on the forums. BTW, a un-restored 7.5 sold over a year ago for 3K so this is a great deal at 1/3 the cost.

All-American # 20 :takeit: per PM.

Too bad Mitch Mehdy says it's worthless!

lol

Seriously, that's a great pick-up G77. There is only one verified pedigree copy of AA20, and it's the Cosmic Aeroplane at a CGC 3.0. Tough book.

I like AA20 so much (for multiple reasons), I parted with my AA16.

I hope you crack, read, and enjoy the book because it's a ^^ !

Congrat's again :applause: .

Thanks, Sacentaur! I'm slowly trying to build out # 17-25, and this makes three so far.

The Cosmic Aeroplane # 20 may be next on my list because it's only a 3.0 and GPA shows that it's sold something like four times in the last three years.

I know GA Green Lantern's gay and all, but seriously...that book seems cursed!

I'm slowly trying to build out # 17-25, and this makes three so far.

I had AA #16 thru #26 - including #18 and #21 in very high grade, plus the CGC 6.0 AA #16 that sold (not by me) on CLink - but alas only have the #17, #20, and #25 (my three favorite issues) left.

Not the most popular run today, but very enjoyable books nonetheless (I'd like to get an AA #18 and #19 back one day).

Good luck with your quest, and yes the Cosmic AA #20 has moved around quite a bit (I don't know why (shrug) ).