• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dealer Rankings 2012

369 posts in this topic

My understanding is that is not the case. I could be wrong but I believe

Sufunk already had his refund. It was an email he sent after posting negative things on here about the transaction that apologized for said actions and that email went ignored.

I can only go by what sufunk is claiming in this thread, which was this:

I was forced to take a refund after about 8 months because you and the other party could no longer be bothered with my time consuming once every two months pms/emails asking for an update.

True. I don't have the post but from what I recall (if i'm wrong someone will correct me)...

They offered a refund when the book went missing and Jason opted to have them keep looking for the book instead and finally took the refund after months of it not turning up and apparent poor communications.

Bottom line is Jason had every right to be upset about the missing book. I would have been also. Once a refund is issued and an apology was made... I feel the ongoing posts towards Matt and ignoring his apology is over the top drama.

Maybe he is waiting a reasonable amount of time to see if the apology is retracted. smiley-whack-off.gif

I only retracted my apology Fingh because Sufunk retracted his acceptance. He put me on ignore anyway. I even sent him an email apology which has remained ignored. Kind of like the email apology he sent to Matt Nelson that went ignored.

That's a Khan Noonien Singh level grudge right there. Perfect for the CGC boards.

Bob may not want to comment due to conflict of interest but i will on his behalf as he is as good as they come. He is the exact opposite of every stereotype comic shop dealer. Absolutely PERFECT customer service in every way! You cant possibly go wrong EVER buying from him! (thumbs u

4 of the top 10 surprisingly i guess ive never even done business with. Of the 6 i have done business with, i'd give A+++'s to Clink, Commicconnect, Heritage, Highgradecomics and Mycomicshop. All 5 of them have gone above and beyond helping me out with books i want and need and I would NEVER hesitate to give my money to them.

The 6th is Worldwide comics. I wont rehash the same old thing like in last years thread as i've somewhat gotten over what happened. I will say that Ritter did try to help resolve the problem and was at least courteous and responded to my emails and addressed my concerns over what happened. Because of Ritters more than courteous replies, i will still give them my business.

Matt Nelson on the other hand, i have NOTHING whatsoever positive to say about. To this day(well over a year later!) i still have never received a response to the numerous emails i sent him about my problem with him. The closest i ever got was a condescending post on here to the affect that i didnt send enough emails. I know plenty of people love him but to me he is the definition of whats wrong with this hobby. The day Ritter severs ties with him is the day he will get 10 times as much business from me (thumbs u

Jason, seriously. It was my fault. I made the error. I refunded your money. Hammering on Matt Nelson is ridiculous. I don't even know if he ever saw the book. Maybe I sent it to a different person and that person never let me know. Maybe I sold it previously and didn't realize it and relisted it. What ever happened, though, so much anger and drama targeted at the wrong person isn't appropriate. I apologized in this forum previously and you sent me a PM saying you had been out of line and apologized back. Maybe it is time for you to take a step back, do a little fact checking, and put this back into perspective. If you want to place me as your most hated dealer, I'm okay with that.

Apologizing shows you care. Retracting it shows you don't.

Exactly. My thread to Sufunk was a genuine apology..he then unblocked me for a night

We then PM'd with each other and my last to him was a post asking about his family on July 4th and next thing I see is he left the conversation and i'm blocked again.

I was bothered by that because I openly tried to apologize and show I didn't mean to say things I posted in another thread.

After he blocked me again...

I acted like a butthurt DQ and retracted my apology. It seemed appropriate at the time. (shrug)

I then sent the guy an email apologizing again because I felt bad about it. I'm actually a nice guy and this place can get to you if you let it. But my email was ignored. It's cool. I tried.

I just think he's taking the whole issue with Matt Nelson in this thread to the extreme. We went through it last year also in the same thread I believe.

If I had a problem with a dealer and they came on here to apologize...I'd be much more gracious about it. But that's just me.

Old news, dude.

I agree but he brought it up AGAIN in this thread a year later.

My bad. I had no idea this was being rehashed. I apologize to Matt, too, for him taking the brunt of this foolishness, when it would be more appropriately directed at me.

Old news, dude.

I agree but he brought it up AGAIN in this thread a year later.

My bad. I had no idea this was being rehashed. I apologize to Matt, too, for him taking the brunt of this foolishness, when it would be more appropriately directed at me.

(thumbs u we cool :)

I can't wait until next year's dealer rankings. :cloud9:

Exactly! Then maybe my name will be spelled correctly! :tonofbricks:

Nah, I'm gonna still spell it wrong.

You spelled it right on the check, I guess that's all that counts. (thumbs u

Good work on the list!

I can't wait until next year's dealer rankings. :cloud9:

Exactly! Then maybe my name will be spelled correctly! :tonofbricks:

Nah, I'm gonna still spell it wrong.

You spelled it right on the check, I guess that's all that counts. (thumbs u

Good work on the list!

That's because you helped me spell it. Left to my own devices, well, you see what happens.

Thanks for putting the list together (thumbs u

As a long-standing member on these boards, I've heard many iterations of complaints, and in cases where these issues persist, a negative online transaction ratio that might prove to be a far more helpful factor in determining the value in patronage allocation.

All said, I think at some point, the online reputation of a dealer should be measured, even if it's a simple Google vanity search using their name with select keyword combinations. Further to this, reputation points should go to those who have made an attempt to register, reach out and resolve situations where missteps occurred and/or answered emerging concerns on these very boards.

Conventions are a great place to shop, browse and pursue our collecting goals, however my assumption is that most of the buying/selling for the majority of the people in our hobby is happening more regularly online, and a way to gauge the transactional reputation and history of a dealer is becoming a far more relevant factor than say the number and frequency of vending a dealer commits towards the convention circuit. 2c