• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dealer Rankings 2012

369 posts in this topic

I can appreciate like anyone else reading this thread that you made a mistake and are publicly owning up to it. You're the bigger person for owning the responsibility.

But I think that's where it should come full stop, and where you should recognize its pretty crass of you to suggest moving on when an item not belonging to you got lost.

Just in case this was missed, I gave him his money back. In fact I repeatedly told him To just take refund. So really, it was my book and my loss. Why you think I am being crass for believing it doesn't need to be dredged up and dropped on Matt Nelson every time Worldwide's name comes up is, well, crass.

Edit: oh, and BTW, you are still mostly a stirrer so bugger off and cause trouble somewhere else.

Really, and this is how you deal with customer complaints? You tell them to shut up and move on when their belongings are lost? As for your mess stirring comment, you seem to be doing it on your own with your tone and manner, well before my reply appeared.

I had a book damaged and even though the I received a refund, it was just for the pressing cost and it wouldn't even cover the shipping of that comic. When I found someone with a comparable (lesser grade than I was expecting) book on these boards, he was asking $1600 if I recall correctly. I still haven't replaced it and the parties involved have never explained how it happened and have washed their hands of it.

If I've ever drudged it up on these boards its because I think sending a book in for pressing carries a risk of zero accountability, it isn't always the win-win its made out to be, and new entrants or people thinking about doing it for the first time should be made aware. I read sufunks posts mostly as a rant, but it also speaks on the service aspects of a ranked dealer. I still think you should keep mindful that telling him to suck it up makes you look like an insensitive individual, and while the refund was a gesture to make ammends, raising the issue has some merit especially if it remains uknown what happened and others have concerns regarding the handling of their items in the future.

Cheetah gave Sufunk a refund over a year ago and made a public apology, how is this bad customer service?

Maybe because the act of refunding appears shallow, especially when he comes on here and tells the guy to shut up and move on. I also saw sufunk directing most of the blame on Matt, and aside from the mishandling of his comic, if the communication was as bad as sufunk alleges, then there's merit in rehashing it in the dealer ranking thread. 2c

IMO Cheetah did everything he could, he also told him to move on about his hate towards Matt. What was Cheetah supposed to do besides giving him a refund? What more could he do? Steve and Matt might not of even seen the book.

That was the point of my 'full stop' comment. He should have left it as things had been left. Eventually, the constant rehashing of the situation will divide the community between those who value the public service of knowing his problem with said dealer, and those who look at it as the rantings of a high maintenance buyer. There is a self-regulating aspect to people who constantly drudge things up, and as I've already said a few times, it just seems like poor form for a seller to ask a past customer to suck it up when a transaction gets botched-up.

I can appreciate like anyone else reading this thread that you made a mistake and are publicly owning up to it. You're the bigger person for owning the responsibility.

But I think that's where it should come full stop, and where you should recognize its pretty crass of you to suggest moving on when an item not belonging to you got lost.

Just in case this was missed, I gave him his money back. In fact I repeatedly told him To just take refund. So really, it was my book and my loss. Why you think I am being crass for believing it doesn't need to be dredged up and dropped on Matt Nelson every time Worldwide's name comes up is, well, crass.

Edit: oh, and BTW, you are still mostly a stirrer so bugger off and cause trouble somewhere else.

Really, and this is how you deal with customer complaints? You tell them to shut up and move on when their belongings are lost? As for your mess stirring comment, you seem to be doing it on your own with your tone and manner, well before my reply appeared.

I had a book damaged and even though the I received a refund, it was just for the pressing cost and it wouldn't even cover the shipping of that comic. When I found someone with a comparable (lesser grade than I was expecting) book on these boards, he was asking $1600 if I recall correctly. I still haven't replaced it and the parties involved have never explained how it happened and have washed their hands of it.

If I've ever drudged it up on these boards its because I think sending a book in for pressing carries a risk of zero accountability, it isn't always the win-win its made out to be, and new entrants or people thinking about doing it for the first time should be made aware. I read sufunks posts mostly as a rant, but it also speaks on the service aspects of a ranked dealer. I still think you should keep mindful that telling him to suck it up makes you look like an insensitive individual, and while the refund was a gesture to make ammends, raising the issue has some merit especially if it remains uknown what happened and others have concerns regarding the handling of their items in the future.

Cheetah gave Sufunk a refund over a year ago and made a public apology, how is this bad customer service?

Maybe because the act of refunding appears shallow, especially when he comes on here and tells the guy to shut up and move on. I also saw sufunk directing most of the blame on Matt, and aside from the mishandling of his comic, if the communication was as bad as sufunk alleges, then there's merit in rehashing it in the dealer ranking thread. 2c

IMO Cheetah did everything he could, he also told him to move on about his hate towards Matt. What was Cheetah supposed to do besides giving him a refund? What more could he do? Steve and Matt might not of even seen the book.

That was the point of my 'full stop' comment. He should have left it as things had been left. Eventually, the constant rehashing of the situation will divide the community between those who value the public service of knowing his problem with said dealer, and those who look at it as the rantings of a high maintenance buyer. There is a self-regulating aspect to people who constantly drudge things up, and as I've already said a few times, it just seems like poor form for a seller to ask a past customer to suck it up when a transaction gets botched-up.

I agree but Sufunk is the one that keeps rehashing it, not Cheetah. Sometimes people need to let it go.

I agree but Sufunk is the one that keeps rehashing it, not Cheetah. Sometimes people need to let it go.

If sufunk thinks rehashing it will help get to the truth or help find the book, then it really isn't cheetah's or anyone place except sufunk to decide when he should let it go. There is also the service improvement aspect, and unfortunately and way too often on these boards, the only way to get people to make improvements or refinements to the way they go about their business is to put fire to their feet. The only thing we can choose to do is listen or tune it out.

If sufunk thinks rehashing it will help get to the truth or help find the book, then it really isn't cheetah's or anyone place except sufunk to decide when he should let it go. The only thing we can choose to do is listen or tune it out.

OK but it also is causing bad blood, the book is lost, its been a year, he has his money back and a apology what more can be done? Slamming Matt like he did was way out of line.

If sufunk thinks rehashing it will help get to the truth or help find the book, then it really isn't cheetah's or anyone place except sufunk to decide when he should let it go. There is also the service improvement aspect, and unfortunately and way too often on these boards, the only way to get people to make improvements or refinements to the way they go about their business is to put fire to their feet. The only thing we can choose to do is listen or tune it out.

Here's the point you are missing. It was MY mistake not MATT'S. Jason can hammer me all he wants. I'm fine with that. I made a mistake that resulted in a book getting lost. I spent two weeks going through my collection trying to find it. I couldn't. I'm sorry. I did what I could to fix the issue. I was even willing to do more. But at some point, the none-stop hate and venom gets to be a bit much and Jason's reaction doesn't fit what actually happened. Why Matt keeps getting dragged into this isn't rational and the guy should be left alone about an error I made.

As far as the 'truth,' I mean, really, WTF do you think happened to the book? Do you think there is really some conspiracy between me, Ritter and Nelson to hide a comic book from Jason? Why would any of us do that? What on earth am I supposed to have gained from all this?

Here's the point you are missing. It was MY mistake not MATT'S. Jason can hammer me all he wants. I'm fine with that. I made a mistake that resulted in a book getting lost. I spent two weeks going through my collection trying to find it. I couldn't. I'm sorry. I did what I could to fix the issue. I was even willing to do more. But at some point, the none-stop hate and venom gets to be a bit much and Jason's reaction doesn't fit what actually happened. Why Matt keeps getting dragged into this isn't rational and the guy should be left alone about an error I made.

As far as the 'truth,' I mean, really, WTF do you think happened to the book? Do you think there is really some conspiracy between me, Ritter and Nelson to hide a comic book from Jason? Why would any of us do that? What on earth am I supposed to have gained from all this?

That's fair enough. I also don't completely understand how Matt fits in all of this, but at this point in time, I don't think anyone is questioning your willingness and efforts to make amends. The only remarkable thing was your tone and suggestion that he should move on. I don't have a one-size fits all solution in this case, but if what you're saying is what went down, I think taking the high road and letting sufunk create his own echo chamber is probably the best way to deal with the matter.

Bob may not want to comment due to conflict of interest but i will on his behalf as he is as good as they come. He is the exact opposite of every stereotype comic shop dealer. Absolutely PERFECT customer service in every way! You cant possibly go wrong EVER buying from him! (thumbs u

4 of the top 10 surprisingly i guess ive never even done business with. Of the 6 i have done business with, i'd give A+++'s to Clink, Commicconnect, Heritage, Highgradecomics and Mycomicshop. All 5 of them have gone above and beyond helping me out with books i want and need and I would NEVER hesitate to give my money to them.

The 6th is Worldwide comics. I wont rehash the same old thing like in last years thread as i've somewhat gotten over what happened. I will say that Ritter did try to help resolve the problem and was at least courteous and responded to my emails and addressed my concerns over what happened. Because of Ritters more than courteous replies, i will still give them my business.

Matt Nelson on the other hand, i have NOTHING whatsoever positive to say about. To this day(well over a year later!) i still have never received a response to the numerous emails i sent him about my problem with him. The closest i ever got was a condescending post on here to the affect that i didnt send enough emails. I know plenty of people love him but to me he is the definition of whats wrong with this hobby. The day Ritter severs ties with him is the day he will get 10 times as much business from me (thumbs u

Jason, seriously. It was my fault. I made the error. I refunded your money. Hammering on Matt Nelson is ridiculous. I don't even know if he ever saw the book. Maybe I sent it to a different person and that person never let me know. Maybe I sold it previously and didn't realize it and relisted it. What ever happened, though, so much anger and drama targeted at the wrong person isn't appropriate. I apologized in this forum previously and you sent me a PM saying you had been out of line and apologized back. Maybe it is time for you to take a step back, do a little fact checking, and put this back into perspective. If you want to place me as your most hated dealer, I'm okay with that.

Wow! I guess Sufunk owes Matt a apology.

Well, those are nice stories but i have no idea where they came from. Sorry but thats just Jeff covering for a buddy in Matt. From day one, actually day two after i received the box with the missing book not present, the story i was ALWAYS given was that the book WAS received by WW, cracked out by Ritter because it had 9.8 potential and then sent to Matt to try and press up to a 9.8. I was just supposed to wait a few months for it to come back from CGC and all would be good.

Thats a HELL of a lot to just make up out of nowhere if you maybe didnt even own the book at the time Jeff! It was VERY clear what happened to the book at the time it happened and where it was. After almost 2 years, now the story is changing and maybe Jeff didnt even own it or maybe Matt never even got it or maybe WWC never even got it either and cracked it?

Its commendable to stand up for your friends but revisionist history aint helping (thumbs u

Here's the simple truth for you again.

• I do not have the book.
  • Ritter Does not have the book.
  • Nelson does not have the book.
  • No one knows where the book went.
  • The book has never shown up for sale in its original slab.
  • Ritter thought he cracked the slab.
  • Nelson says he didn't think he ever saw it.
  • The book has never shown up for sale in a new slab.
  • Matt Nelson isn't to blame, he may have never seen the book at all.
  • I went through through all my boxes of slabs, 5000 books in total, twice looking for the book.
  • Ritter went through all the slabs he got from me - nearly a thousand - looking for the book.
  • Matt Nelson went through his shop looking for the book and couldn't find it.
  • At some point, it became apparent that none of us had the book.
  • You weren't satisfied that we had done enough when each of us knew we had no place else to look.
  • Of all of us, Matt is the one who doesn't think he ever saw the book. Either Matt, a guy who deals with books worth six figures on a regular basis, is a stinking liar who was out to enrich his wallet with a $160 comic book he wanted to steal from you or he never really saw the book.
  • The only person I am confident ever had the book was me.
  • Life is short. Obsessing over some perceived conspiracy to prevent you from having another comic book is just ridiculous. Get over it. It was a mistake on my part, nothing else. I'm not perfect but having a mistake drawn out for years and continually rehashed as some sort of character flaw for me, Ritter and Nelson borders on lunacy.

If you had been understanding about my error, I had long planned to buy the next pedigree copy of the book I saw and give it to you. But now I think you just need to shut up and move on.

Jeff,

I was understanding about it for like a freaking year until my once every two months pm asking for an update became unbearable for you to deal with. I only even sent those because THIS is what you pm'd me a couple days after i discovered the book was missing:

The Avengers 64 9.6 was cracked out by Worldwide coz they thought it might bump to 9.8. It's back under my account and going through the pressing process. If it comes back a 9.8, I'll still sell it to you. Anyway you could see through paying the pressing and regrading fee? It ought to be about $40. If it comes back a 9.6, I'll still sell it to you for the original amount. It'll be a month or more before I get it back, though.

How in gods name did you come up with THAT explanation a few days after it happened but now maybe you never even owned the book or never even sent it anywhere. I dont think its some "conspiracy" to keep me from getting this $170 book. I know EXACTLY what it is because YOU told me NUMEROUS times EXACTLY what the situation was. You and Matt dont give a mess and dont have the time or will to look for a book that measly. Thats not my opinion, thats what YOU told me yourself.

You can think its lunacy all you want to for me to rehash this once a year in the dealer rankings thread.

Personally, i think its LUNACY for a dealer to be ranked in the top 10 when he cant find the time to respond to a customers emails or inquiries with a valid complaint for over a year but has the time to make sure he lets his employee know which of his auctions are going too low for his tastes and should be shilled up. Thats not something im making up, that is FACT. Vacliff came on here and freely admitted Matt routinely tells him which of his auctions he needs to bid up. Sorry, it annoys the hell out of me that they have the time for that but not the time to respond to my emails or find my book (thumbs u

Bob may not want to comment due to conflict of interest but i will on his behalf as he is as good as they come. He is the exact opposite of every stereotype comic shop dealer. Absolutely PERFECT customer service in every way! You cant possibly go wrong EVER buying from him! (thumbs u

4 of the top 10 surprisingly i guess ive never even done business with. Of the 6 i have done business with, i'd give A+++'s to Clink, Commicconnect, Heritage, Highgradecomics and Mycomicshop. All 5 of them have gone above and beyond helping me out with books i want and need and I would NEVER hesitate to give my money to them.

The 6th is Worldwide comics. I wont rehash the same old thing like in last years thread as i've somewhat gotten over what happened. I will say that Ritter did try to help resolve the problem and was at least courteous and responded to my emails and addressed my concerns over what happened. Because of Ritters more than courteous replies, i will still give them my business.

Matt Nelson on the other hand, i have NOTHING whatsoever positive to say about. To this day(well over a year later!) i still have never received a response to the numerous emails i sent him about my problem with him. The closest i ever got was a condescending post on here to the affect that i didnt send enough emails. I know plenty of people love him but to me he is the definition of whats wrong with this hobby. The day Ritter severs ties with him is the day he will get 10 times as much business from me (thumbs u

Jason, seriously. It was my fault. I made the error. I refunded your money. Hammering on Matt Nelson is ridiculous. I don't even know if he ever saw the book. Maybe I sent it to a different person and that person never let me know. Maybe I sold it previously and didn't realize it and relisted it. What ever happened, though, so much anger and drama targeted at the wrong person isn't appropriate. I apologized in this forum previously and you sent me a PM saying you had been out of line and apologized back. Maybe it is time for you to take a step back, do a little fact checking, and put this back into perspective. If you want to place me as your most hated dealer, I'm okay with that.

Well, those are nice stories but i have no idea where they came from. Sorry but thats just Jeff covering for a buddy in Matt. From day one, actually day two after i received the box with the missing book not present, the story i was ALWAYS given was that the book WAS received by WW, cracked out by Ritter because it had 9.8 potential and then sent to Matt to try and press up to a 9.8. I was just supposed to wait a few months for it to come back from CGC and all would be good.

Thats a HELL of a lot to just make up out of nowhere if you maybe didnt even own the book at the time Jeff! It was VERY clear what happened to the book at the time it happened and where it was. After almost 2 years, now the story is changing and maybe Jeff didnt even own it or maybe Matt never even got it or maybe WWC never even got it either and cracked it?

Its commendable to stand up for your friends but revisionist history aint helping (thumbs u

• I went through through all my boxes of slabs, 5000 books in total, twice looking for the book.
  • Ritter went through all the slabs he got from me - nearly a thousand - looking for the book.
  • You weren't satisfied that we had done enough when each of us knew we had no place else to look.
  • Of all of us, Matt is the one who doesn't think he ever saw the book. Either Matt, a guy who deals with books worth six figures on a regular basis, is a stinking liar who was out to enrich his wallet with a $160 comic book he wanted to steal from you or he never really saw the book.
  • Life is short. Obsessing over some perceived conspiracy to prevent you from having another comic book is just ridiculous. Get over it. It was a mistake on my part, nothing else. I'm not perfect but having a mistake drawn out for years and continually rehashed as some sort of character flaw for me, Ritter and Nelson borders on lunacy.

If you had been understanding about my error, I had long planned to buy the next pedigree copy of the book I saw and give it to you. But now I think you just need to shut up and move on.

Jeff,

I was understanding about it for like a freaking year until my once every two months pm asking for an update became unbearable for you to deal with. I only even sent those because THIS is what you pm'd me a couple days after i discovered the book was missing:

The Avengers 64 9.6 was cracked out by Worldwide coz they thought it might bump to 9.8. It's back under my account and going through the pressing process. If it comes back a 9.8, I'll still sell it to you. Anyway you could see through paying the pressing and regrading fee? It ought to be about $40. If it comes back a 9.6, I'll still sell it to you for the original amount. It'll be a month or more before I get it back, though.

How in gods name did you come up with THAT explanation a few days after it happened but now maybe you never even owned the book or never even sent it anywhere. I dont think its some "conspiracy" to keep me from getting this $170 book. I know EXACTLY what it is because YOU told me NUMEROUS times EXACTLY what the situation was. You and Matt dont give a mess and dont have the time or will to look for a book that measly. Thats not my opinion, thats what YOU told me yourself.

You can think its lunacy all you want to for me to rehash this once a year in the dealer rankings thread.

Personally, i think its LUNACY for a dealer to be ranked in the top 10 when he cant find the time to respond to a customers emails or inquiries with a valid complaint for over a year but has the time to make sure he lets his employee know which of his auctions are going too low for his tastes and should be shilled up. Thats not something im making up, that is FACT. Vacliff came on here and freely admitted Matt routinely tells him which of his auctions he needs to bid up. Sorry, it annoys the hell out of me that they have the time for that but not the time to respond to my emails or find my book (thumbs u

Why would Matt email you if he doesn't have the book? IMO that the LUNACY to think he should fix a problem that he has nothing to do with.

You really have an odd memory of all this Jeff!

"non stop hate and venom"?!? Where exactly does that come from?!?

For a year, i was nothing but nice sending a pm every few months saying just "any update on the book" because you told me it would be back from CGC in a few months. Eventually, even just that became too burdensome for you and you stopped responding whatsoever. You told me they were sending it to CGC to be regraded and when one in the same grade newly slabbed showed up on their site and i sent an email to them asking to make sure this isnt my book and where did this newly graded one come from because im worried it might be mine, you got pissed and that was the end.

before that, for a year, i was nothing but as nice and courteous as possible and got nothing but silence from all of you. Ritter and Nelson didnt respond to a single email and at best youd respond to my "any updates" pm's with a "no" or not at all.

Your memory of what happened here is seriously flawed (thumbs u

Jeff,

Why would Matt email you if he doesn't have the book? IMO that the LUNACY to think he should fix a problem that he has nothing to do with.

You have no idea if Matt has nothing to do with the problem. From day 1 everyone was very clear that the book was sent to Matt to be pressed. After about 6 months, it became "oh well, no one can find it and no one has any idea where it is". Now, two years later its become "Matt never had it and has NOTHING whatsoever to do with this"??? ??? Why would that make sense to me when i was told from day 1 without question it was sent to matt to be pressed and when it came back from CGC id get it back, after me paying the pressing and slabbing i never wanted or asked for of course btw.

Jeff is the one that told me he talked to Ritter and Ritter had sent the book to Matt. So, i sent emails to Matt asking what was the deal and if he could please just look around and see if he does have this book.

You dont think a TOP 10 dealer should at least respond to that email saying, "sorry, i looked and i dont think i ever received this book, they must be wrong." You think its just perfectly fine to just read those kind of emails from someone and just completely ignore them???

With all due respect, and as much as I commend Brian for his efforts, if the response to questions of integrity being raised in this thread is to take the matter offline or PM, this comes off as being nothing more than a fluff piece.

Just to make all the details clear, here is what happened.

I owned about 5000 books at the time and they were all stored in an extra room in my house. The room was packed, I could not access the books, they were in no order whatsoever, and I was not enjoying the mess or the books. I went through my registry and identified about 1,000 books that were duplicates or undecopies and decided to get rid of them. I didn't want to sell them one by one or on ebay because I didn't have the time to deal with that many transactions so I called around to dealers to see if anyone was interested in a trade. Steve Ritter was interested and said he would be driving through my town in 2 days and could pick them up. I had hoped to have a couple of weeks to go through boxes to find all the books so I started unpacking my extra room and pulling books as quickly as I could. He came by my office and we loaded up his SUV with 30 boxes of books.

At the same time, Jason contacted me asking if I would sell any of my extra Avengers. I told him to check my extra registry set and tell me if he saw anything he wanted. He identified a bunch of books and I pulled those and sent them out.

When Jason gets the books I sent him, he tells me one of them is missing. So I go home and pull out all the boxes from my spare bedroom again and go through them but I don't find the book. So as I put everything back in the spare bedroom, I go through each box again. No book. But as I'm doing this, I realize that I had pulled about a half dozen of my books that I didn't have duplicates of and given them to Ritter. I would find one book missing one day and then another book missing a couple of days later so I was sending Ritter multiple emails asking if he had such and such book. He had all of them.

After I'm done searching my books, which took about two weeks, I come up empty on Jason's book. When I had pulled his books, they were in my office at the same time as the books I was trading to Ritter so I think maybe I got his book confused with Ritter's and gave it to Worldwide. So I email Ritter again and ask if he has Jason's book. Ritter looks through the books I sent him and said it was not their but to describe the cover to him as he had cracked out some of the books and given to Matt. I describe it and he thinks that he did crack it out for pressing. I said to go ahead with the pressing since it would need to be reslabbed anyway. Ritter creates an invoice for the book and I tell this to Jason. In retrospect, I realize that I had given Ritter two other copies of the same book and I have no idea if he remembered seeing Jason's book or one of the other two copies.

I wait about a month before contacting Matt to find out the status because the invoice does not show the book as being sent to CGC yet. Matt tells me that he doesn't remember seeing the book but he will look around for it. He looks around for it and doesn't find it and lets me know. I tell Jason I don't know where the book is but will talk with Ritter and Matt again and he can either wait or I will give him his money back. He asks to wait.

Ritter says he will talk to Matt about the book and get back to me but Matt still doesn't have a record of having the book. He's got the invoice Ritter created but nothing else. All the books that Ritter gave him from my trade books are pressed and off to CGC but not Jason's.

As this is going on, Ritter emails me that he is getting highly excited email from someone he has never heard of saying he has lost his book and wants to know if it is the book I was talking about. I tell him yes, and that I will PM Jason and tell him what is going on. I do that and again ask him if he wants a refund.

Despite Ritter, Matt and I all looking, the books is nowhere. I tell Jason, he needs to take a refund and if I ever find it, I will sell it to him at the same price. He says 'okay' and I promptly forget to put a check in the mail until he reminds me a month later. Another screw-up on my part but by now, I think everyone expects that from me.

In the 2.5 years since this happened, I have gotten better storage for my books and have gotten them organized. I have looked through every box I have left multiple times wondering if I might have just overlooked the book but I've never found it. If it was still with Ritter or Nelson, it would have turned up as there are only so many places fro a book to hide.

So I'm left trying to figure out where the book went. Did I really send it to Ritter or did he get confused with the the other 1,000 copies of drek I traded him? Did Ritter give it to Matt and it got put with someone elses order and shipped out only to never be informed that someone got an extra book? Did someone take it out of my office when I had over a 1000 books sitting around overnight? I've got no ficking idea.

So after 2.5 years, all I know for certain is that I once had the book. Jason wanted it and paid me for it. I lost the book and refunded Jason's money. I don't know what else to do at this point. I question myself as to whether Ritter ever even saw the book and, likewise, if it was ever even in Nelson's shop. I don't think the book is going to turn up and I don't think any amount of complaining to or about Matt Nelson is going to find the book because I am certain that he does not have it.

I've apologized to Jason for losing the book and to Ritter and Nelson for causing the uproar and for having their names bashed on the board repeatedly. I would stay out of the conversation if I thought the anger was directed appropriately, but at some point, I have to step back in and try to remind one and all that Matt Nelson is the spawn of Satan and actively stealing books or incompetently losing them and that I am the one responsible.

Thanks to all those that actually read this whole thing.

I suggest you take this elsewhere. An excellent thread has become derailed.

Oh, not just derailed... boxcars are piled up everywhere. Lions and tigers are escaping into the woods, and the air is filled with the bellows of elephants. Screams pierce the starry night, and steam and smoke billow from the mangled meshes of steel. The cops are closing in on Jimmy Stewart, and the atmosphere is rife with the question... "can the show go on?"

I would like to submit that life is way too damn short to continue this fued over a transaction from so long ago. Move on, everyone.

Anyone watch Survivor? Last season (I think?) there was a contestant that got blindsided by her teammates and voted off. She was pretty shocked, felt betrayed, bitter, and bewildered at what had been done to her by her "friends" (even though something like this happens every season).

She ended up as one of the final "jury members" that would vote for who won the $1 million. During the final episode when the jury members question/grill the final contestant, she stands up and everyone knows what's coming - she's going to lay into those that betrayed here like there's no tomorrow! :mad:

Instead, she stands up, smiles, and says life is too short to hold all that negative energy in and that she forgives everyone and wishes them good luck in winning the cash. That's good advice for anyone...don't sweat the small stuff and as Nic Cage said, when you get to the point that your collection owns you and you don't own it, it's time to sit back and think about what's really important.

I've heard it said that it takes 37 muscles to frown, but only 22 to smile... :grin:

I would like to submit that life is way too damn short to continue this fued over a transaction from so long ago. Move on, everyone.
:o