• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VERY disappointed in Heritage shipping department

What should CC do?  

279 members have voted

1. 1. What should CC do?

81 posts in this topic

You'd be lucky if you could wrap it up in 2 months, start to finish.

My, how society has changed.

Is this an OK time to mention that my last two Sunday auction wins were won on Sunday, paid on Monday and received on Friday :devil:

Thursday in my case. Maybe they do have a guy in the shipping department waiting around to send out my stuff. hm

Did this impact your life significantly? Doesn't seem like you lost an eye or a limb as a result? Then move on, for Cripes' sake.

Easy for you to say..not your $

Again, how much money are we talking here?

That's irrelevant; it's not about the $$.

To some degree it should be. Time has a value as well, and wasting a lot of it....nevermind, I just realized I have 56,000 posts on a chat forum where people argue about comics and post pictures of girls.

:facepalm:

I just love how the dollar amount is always brought up when these discussion pop up. The old double standard that if it's not a lot of money you should stop person_without_enough_empathying, shut up, and move on. lol

After repeated calls, I've been told by the Heritage CSR's that they are not responsible for the USPS shipping speed. That once the package leaves their shipping department, they're no longer responsible. I call major BS on that!

As a seller, it's 100% my responsibility to ensure the package gets there when it's supposed to and in the correct condition. Does this not apply to Heritage? Once they ship (and charge me for Express), are they no longer liable if Express fails??

So, as a seller, it's 100% your responsibility if, for instance, USPS loses the package and it's never seen again? Tell why you're responsible for that? Isn't that why buyers are given the opportunity to pay to insure the package?

After repeated calls, I've been told by the Heritage CSR's that they are not responsible for the USPS shipping speed. That once the package leaves their shipping department, they're no longer responsible. I call major BS on that!

As a seller, it's 100% my responsibility to ensure the package gets there when it's supposed to and in the correct condition. Does this not apply to Heritage? Once they ship (and charge me for Express), are they no longer liable if Express fails??

So, as a seller, it's 100% your responsibility if, for instance, USPS loses the package and it's never seen again? Tell why you're responsible for that? Isn't that why buyers are given the opportunity to pay to insure the package?

Yes..it is 100% my responsibility to make sure that the package gets from Point A to Point B as quickly as possible with zero damage. Whenever I sell a book, I make sure that it arrives at its intended recipient on or around the day it was supposed to. I thoroughly track each package and even offer updates if necessary. Ask anyone who's received a package from me if they think my shipping practices are up to par?

I've learned from my many years of shipping that you can never rely on a buyer to insure a package...you can only rely on yourself to protect potential losses. This is why I carry a separate policy on my inventory and collectibles. Many others do this as well b/c A) it's smart and B) cheaper than buying insurance through the USPS or FedEx.

Point is, as a seller it's my responsibility to ensure that my customers are happy. If they pay for a service and I don't deliver, I compensate them in some way. Yes, the USPS or FedEx will mess up but it's my decision to use them and put my faith in them. If they screw up, it's MY responsibility to hash it out with them, not the buyer. The buyer pays me...and I pay the USPS. I'm the USPS's customer, not the buyer.

I've learned from my many years of shipping that you can never rely on a buyer to insure a package...you can only rely on yourself to protect potential losses. This is why I carry a separate policy on my inventory and collectibles. Many others do this as well b/c A) it's smart and B) cheaper than buying insurance through the USPS or FedEx.

Interesting.

So if you have to make a claim with the insurance company as a result of a particular package going missing of getting horribly mangled, do your premiums go up?

Does the ins company always honor the claim or do they deny some of them?

Interesting.

So if you have to make a claim with the insurance company as a result of a particular package going missing of getting horribly mangled, do your premiums go up?

Does the ins company always honor the claim or do they deny some of them?

Never had to make a claim. Of course, I've only had my policy for around 5 months. As far as premiums going up, I'd suspect it's like any insurance: make a claim, they've got to recoop it somehow. That = increased premiums.

As far as honoring the claim, if you have your ducks in a row, I don't see how it could be denied. There is a deductible that you'll have to "pay" so if the claim is below that, you wouldn't get a cent. That's when I'd just do a refund and move on.

Every time I ship a package USPS express mail to Texas it always get's there a day late or 2.

It's Heritage responsibility to get your refund from USPS.

Usually for time sensitive materials, the seller will inform buyers that the order must be released by X time in order to meet advertised shipping speeds. You state that the USPS website said that it would arrive by the 13th. As previously mentioned, the website is regularly incorrect, especially during the time frame immediately after label printing but prior to package pickup or dropoff at the PO, when the website assumes that the package will make it to the PO by their air cutoff time.

Just looking at the tracking, it appears the package got to the Dallas PO after the cutoff and went out the next day. SOP for USPS.

The key question is not when USPS said it would arrive, but when Heritage said it would arrive. My guess is they DON'T guarantee a delivery time, just a service level. ie; "we will ship it using the service you specify, and it will go out with all of our other packages that day." It just so happens that, that day, the packages did not go out in time to make the next day air cutoffs.

Exactly! I cannot fathom why some people on here cannot understand this!!! Kudos to you sir (thumbs u

OK. Was it then fair or appropriate to PM Steve to ask about this, a package delivered late?

Exactly! I cannot fathom why some people on here cannot understand this!!! Kudos to you sir (thumbs u

OK. Was it then fair or appropriate to PM Steve to ask about this, a package delivered late?

Never sent him a PM. I sent a courtesy email alerting him to a potential problem and that was it. I didn't ask for anything nor should he be expected to offer anything.

I believe it's pointless to continue this discussion as it will only lead to pages upon pages of wothless type.

I'm still rather unpleased with the way the situation has been handled. It's not a lot of money but it's still MY money and I should have a say as to the services that I'm paying for.

That's all...

It is not clear that you did not receive what you paid for.

You requested Express. They shipped Express.

You released on the 12th. They shipped on the 12th.

What did Heritage actually guarantee?

Do they have a cutoff time for delivery guarantees?

Without all the facts it was pointless to start this discussion as it has already lead to pages upon pages of worthless type.

It is not clear that you did not receive what you paid for.

You requested Express. They shipped Express.

You released on the 12th. They shipped on the 12th.

What did Heritage actually guarantee?

Do they have a cutoff time for delivery guarantees?

Without all the facts it was pointless to start this discussion as it has already lead to pages upon pages of worthless type.

Actually...I never requested Express. I've requested the cheapest shipping method available since me getting my books isn't time sensative. I have asked for USPS Priority in the past and have stated in writing that's my preferred method. Frankly, I think Express is a waste since I don't need them here overnight.

Heritage picked Express shipping. Apparently something to do with the value of the goods and insurance coverage. I'm 99% sure they carry a policy similar to mine (just much larger coverage) and yes, once you get over a certain $ amt, you have to go Express or something with a direct signature. A simple phone call alerting me to this would have sufficed...but alas, no phone call and they have both my numbers.

"IF" the package was mailed out before the cut off time, then yes, I agree it's

Heritage's responsibility to get a refund of shipping charges or make it right some other way that's agreeable to both parties

i.e. a free Amazing Fantasy 15 Blue label 9.6 white would be my first choice!

You didn't pay USPS, you paid Heritage..They take on the responsibility IMO.

(unless there is fine print somewhere that states Heritage will not be responsibile for USPS screw-ups).

I said I wouldn't post anymore ... but:

1) on the one hand, you praise them for their ON HOLD service and

2) on the other hand, you gripe about their having to bump to Express b/c the value is too high for their insurance.

Too much dichotomy here. Seems to me Heritage is doing fine by you: they provide ease and save you on shipping and then make sure they use the proper service to ensure your package is covered while in transit. Sounds like an efficient service to me.

Now, I've talked to them on the phone and they could use some better bedside manners. That's what we agree on.