• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Red Sonja Fan Club
5 5

1,280 posts in this topic

Check this out. The original art for Red Sonja #19 by The great Frank Brunner is for sale too. Only $3,995.00!

Photobucket

I just want the comic!

Yeah, me too. There are red and gold foil versions. Only 300 copies of the gold.

Yeah, they were way over priced anyway.

I tried to get a raw Dynamite Red Sonja #2 RRP the other night off eBay, but got beat out in the last moments. It was a nice copy too. Ended up in someone else's hands for $26.00. Yikes! Seller should thank me because it would have been for $12.71 otherwise. Glad I could help out. lol

It's an homage. Both covers are done by Romita. The #190 X-Men has Kulan Gath exacting his revenge on Spider-Man for what he and Red Sonja did to him in Marvel Team-Up #79. Uses a spell to turn Manhattan into a barbarian world where the X-Men and Avengers have no memory of the present. He leaves Spider-Man's memory intact as punishment, and has him hunted by his mindless slaves. I think the story arc starts on issue #189 and ends in #191. Many heroes die, including Spider-Man, but Dr. Strange uses a spell to bring reality back in time to the moment before Kulan Gath appears. At the time Dr. Strange doesn't know it, but what he's done brings Nimrod to their timeline. So I think Nimrod's first appearance is X-Men #191. My question is why Red Sonja doesn't have an appearance in any of this? Oh, I should mention that in the Dynamite Red Sonja series Kulan Gath makes his first appearance in issue #12.