• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Red Sonja Fan Club
5 5

1,280 posts in this topic

No. :devil: Actually, some of the ones I have are the only graded copies, and there's still no #7 or #13. Those, and the #3 are going to be the hardest to find. I actually found the #3 and paid for it, but never received it. After a month or so PayPal gave me my money back. Some famous rock 'n roll guy opened a comic store online, but it failed, and he has the #3. Never responded to my emails or Facebook messages. So what can I do? Trying to find a raw one worth grading. Here's a pic of the graded #3.

137415.jpg.687816b1c060b49822bf0535b0c20b01.jpg

http://stores.ebay.com/HiTMANs-Heroes-and-Legends/_i.html?_nkw=red+sonja&submit=Search&_sid=27741303

Hitman is selling of his red Sonja variants ?

The negative variants are hard to find

Hate to say it, but some of those have been there for years.

Wonder why they are slow to sell ?

I was just looking and thought to my self those were cool covers

Yeah, I don't know. I had some of the Dejah Thoris negatives, and sold them right after I got them. Actually made a few bucks. I think the problem with modern books is that they're in demand when they first come out, but once everyone that wants them gets a copy, there's all these other copies lying around. The novelty wears off, and people decide to sell. The market is then flooded with so called "rare" variants, but even if there's only 100 copies, are there 100 people willing to pay? Most of the time no. In a few rare instances a modern book can keep or even increase its value. The Ditko cover for ASM #700 or the Walking Dead for instance, but I'm guessing that bubble could burst at any moment. As for the Dynamite Red Sonja books, the only ones I've ever seen sell for decent money are the earliest RRP covers. Certainly nothing after the Ebas #16 (maybe the Brunner #19 gold foil, but those never come around to make a reference) has gone for more than $50.00 in recent times. The rare instance in which a signature series book pops up might be the only exception. They're just not hard to find, and everyone who wants one has one. Basically it comes down to desirability, supply, and demand (and condition). Look at the Golden Age Dell Tarzan books. They're old, but not too rare, and no one really wants them. Other books from the same time like Detective, Action, All Star, Marvel Mystery, Capt. America, or Planet can go for many thousands of dollars while they barely get hundreds. It's the same with Red Sonja negatives. Too few collectors desire them.

I really have no idea why they're doing this. What about the ongoing title? I think they're up to issue #74 now. Are they just going to stop at #75, and start over at #1? I mean who are they fooling? Those covers aren't too bad, but compared to the names they had on the first #1 it's almost an insult. Art Adams, Joe Linsner, Michael Turner, Alex Ross, etc. Couldn't they have at least used Mary Wilshire for a cover? Just out of respect. I understand the whole women doing a woman character thing, but let's face it, they killed the original Red Sonja in issue #34, and it's been downhill ever since. Especially the cover art. So I doubt they can do any more damage to the title. I guess I was hoping to see it go to #100, but who knows now. I do like the Amanda Conner cover though, and Gail Simone is supposed to be great. We'll see.

Okay, it looks like Dynamite will continue Red Sonja at least to #80 before they start over at #1. #75 has three fan choice covers, and starting with #76 Lucio Parrillo will be doing the covers up to #80. Which to me, is about the smartest thing they've done in a while. He really is one of the greatest artist around today. Here are some of the covers. Enjoy!

photo RS76covParrillo4SolicitsAnd_zps851aa4b0.jpg

photo RS77covParrillo_zpsd065a7c9.jpg

photo RS78-cov-Parrillo_zpsc7b31e97.jpg

photo RS80covParrillo_zps86f57a87.jpg

Wizard that's the best dam fantasy art going

:)

Not sure if it's ending at #80 or not. If it is, at least they had respect enough to end it with some great covers. The last twenty or so have been pretty lame. The #80 reminds me of Marvel's #10 for some reason. Except that Red Sonja is in control on this one. Yeah, he really does some amazing artwork. So far these are the only covers with no variants. Would have been nice to see some Joe Jusko ones too.

Hi - I've been collecting Red Sonja for a long time now finally joined CGC. It's good to see some other avid collectors.

I have a #18 Gold Foil and #30 Negative covers that I think are just as rare as the #0 and #2 RRP covers. I've never seen the #18 Gold online and only saw the #30 once. I'm interested to hear what you have to say.

18Gold.JPG30Negative.JPG

First let me wipe the drool off my chin. Some great covers you got there, and you're right, they don't come around at all. Especially graded ones. Kinda like the Brunner #19 gold foil cover. I never see that one either. Almost easier to buy the original art for it (it was for sale a while back) lol.

He called us "avid collectors". More like raving lunatics. Welcome to the fray! If it's even remotely Red Sonja related, feel free to post away! Hey, that rhymes.