• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC fantasy football anyone? *updated with league rosters!*

97 posts in this topic

Cool, I'll set up the ESPN one and post the link in this thread when I have.

Draft next Sunday? I'd suggest say 5pm EST to make sure it works for Europe and US...

I would suggest making the draft after the last preseason game. Making it any sooner; can be a real bummer; if you end up drafting a player that ends up getting hurt during the preseason.

Psy

Let's see what others think when the league members are finalised, but my preference would be to do it before the last game of pre-season - that's the way I've always done it in the past anyway.

It's partly to add a little risk (although it's rare that a stud starter gets injured in pre-season), and partly to allow time for a bit of wheeling and dealing if people want to make trades, spend a bit of time looking at free agents etc.

Just look what happened to Ryan Matthews yesterday; broke his collarbone on his 1st carry of the game in their 1st preseason game. Based on the Chargers offense and Norm's talk of him getting tons of touches this year; a lot of of draft boards had him as a top 8 pick. Word is that he will be out for 4 to 6 weeks and might miss more time.

Stuff like that is the reason that every league I've ever been in (been playing FFB for 12 years) drafts after the last preseason game. We have always been able to still trade or pick up players off waivers before the 1st Thursday game.

Psy

Cool, I'll set up the ESPN one and post the link in this thread when I have.

Draft next Sunday? I'd suggest say 5pm EST to make sure it works for Europe and US...

I would suggest making the draft after the last preseason game. Making it any sooner; can be a real bummer; if you end up drafting a player that ends up getting hurt during the preseason.

Psy

Let's see what others think when the league members are finalised, but my preference would be to do it before the last game of pre-season - that's the way I've always done it in the past anyway.

It's partly to add a little risk (although it's rare that a stud starter gets injured in pre-season), and partly to allow time for a bit of wheeling and dealing if people want to make trades, spend a bit of time looking at free agents etc.

Just look what happened to Ryan Matthews yesterday; broke his collarbone on his 1st carry of the game in their 1st preseason game. Based on the Chargers offense and Norm's talk of him getting tons of touches this year; a lot of of draft boards had him as a top 8 pick. Word is that he will be out for 4 to 6 weeks and might miss more time.

Stuff like that is the reason that every league I've ever been in (been playing FFB for 12 years) drafts after the last preseason game. We have always been able to still trade or pick up players off waivers before the 1st Thursday game.

Psy

Well, anyone drafting Matthews anywhere near top 8 deserves what they get IMHO :jokealert:

Like I said, I'm open to suggestions and happy to go with whatever the majority of the ESPN league wants to do.

OK Below I have the two league rosters. Let me know if everything looks Ok for everyone and I will try to get Pm's sent out this weekend, We have two on the wait list in case anyone wants to drop.

Snake draft, both leagues are cash. I was thinking $20 buy in if that is OK with everyone else. Winner will get choice of gift card from comic related store. I don't mind being treasurer for both leagues, or if someone else is preferred I don't mind.

Let me know if this works out for you. Tried to give everyone there first choice.

Yahoo

Miamiknight3434

kylx12

peterpark

spidrvacc

Bryan91

Triston Pence

NYComics

Hawkman

gaz2810i

BrendanB438

PsylockeSmyth

Gsims718

ESPN

Balham's Finest

Reno McCoy

MadGenius

Trev

Menace

Menace's Wife

PeasOfCrap

Columbia Comics

FlyingDonut

Heliosten

Heresy

epowe10097

Wait List

Claudio

Edit: Left myself off the Yahoo league like a dope.

I dropped my name from the ESPN list so we can have more players.

Both drafts will have auto picks in case you can't make the drafts. As we are all in different locations I know that can be difficult.

I will be in contact with everyone from the Yahoo league and Balham's Finest will be in contact with you ESPN'rs.

Please shoot me a PM if you are on the list and don't want to play for cash or you want to remove yourself for any reason.

Yahoo

Miamiknight3434

kylx12

peterpark

spidrvacc

Bryan91

Triston Pence

NYComics

Hawkman

gaz2810i

PeasOfCrap

PsylockeSmyth

MacMan

ESPN

Balham's Finest

Reno McCoy

MadGenius

Trev

Menace

Menace's Wife

PeasOfCrap

Columbia Comics

FlyingDonut

Heliosten

Heresy

epowe10097

Wait list

Claudio

BrendanB438

Yay! and $20 sounds great.

i am in both leagues here, drop me from Yahoo so someone else can play too!!

Thank you for running the leagues!!

Oops! List updated! Brendanb moved off the wait list.

Thank you, $20 is perfect. Also any idea on draft dates and times?

Also are we looking to do a winner take all with the $240 buy-in or some sort of split to possibly make sure people don't give up too quickly?

Say a

1st= $130

2nd= $70

3rd= $40

Or

1st= $160

2nd= $80

Sounds great. $20 perfect. Any date good for draft pretty much. Next step draft position.

In my league we used an automated draft position generator link below in case you want to use it. Just put in teams name and email and it will randomly pick draft order and email every one.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/draft_order_generator.cfm

Sounds great. $20 perfect. Any date good for draft pretty much. Next step draft position.

In my league we used an automated draft position generator link below in case you want to use it. Just put in teams name and email and it will randomly pick draft order and email every one.

This sounds like a good way of doing things - easier than videotaping a draw anyway!

Adam

This sounds like a good way of doing things - easier than videotaping a draw anyway!

Adam

Great idea. I will be using this.

Super busy weekend but I will be sending out PM's to everyone this week to find out when the best date to draft is and to get everyone's e-mail with invitations.