• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's the best Catwoman?

Who's the best Catwoman?  

459 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the best Catwoman?

66 posts in this topic

The best parts of Michelle Pfeiffer (hey, I can still spell it) and Julie Newmar, the showed they can play Selina Kyle without the skin tight latex/spandex too. Julie had great comedic timing in her disguises and Michelle oozed sexual fustration in her mousy "Clark Kent" role. Can't say Halle's Patience Price did that (she would have been my favorite Catwoman because I love women with short hair) and I always thought Lee Merriweather was too self-aware of the camp of the character and didn't dare play with it, but she was pretty stiff on Barnaby Jones too (that's probably pre-historic TV for Marvelfangirl, lol ). Eartha Kitt always twinkled with this kind of "awareness" too and might have overplayed it especially with Batgirl deathtraps. Kitt still had that dangerous spark still even her brief moments in Erik The Viking. Anne Hathaway ("Shut. Up.") will always probably fall into the upper middle ground of doing something different yet too safe.
lol

I actually watched the '60s Batman tv series when I was 6 (via reruns on tv lol )

I voted for Hathaway.

Why?

While I haven't seen the movie.

But what I've seen,she is by far the closest to the comic book Catwoman in terms origin,personally,and witty comebacks lol

...and I always thought Lee Merriweather was too self-aware of the camp of the character and didn't dare play with it, but she was pretty stiff on Barnaby Jones too (that's probably pre-historic TV for Marvelfangirl, lol ).
lol

I actually watched the '60s Batman tv series when I was 6 (via reruns on tv lol )

:gossip: I was actually talking about the 70's Quinn Martin production of Barnaby Jones. Buddy Ebsen's lovable milk guzzling private detective. Batman is a little older (but it's iconic zany characters make it kind timeless), but those detective shows of the 70's with their ancient plots, like Cannon make me feel 40. :cry:

...and I always thought Lee Merriweather was too self-aware of the camp of the character and didn't dare play with it, but she was pretty stiff on Barnaby Jones too (that's probably pre-historic TV for Marvelfangirl, lol ).
lol

:gossip: I was actually talking about the 70's Quinn Martin production of Barnaby Jones. Buddy Ebsen's lovable milk guzzling private detective. Batman is a little older (but it's iconic zany characters make it kind timeless), but those detective shows of the 70's with their ancient plots, like Cannon make me feel 40. :cry:
Oh :blush:

My bad lol

I bought the Batman returns Bluray which is of course phenomenal for the grittiness,the set designs,costumes,Chris Walken and Michelle making me fall in love with leather.

The best shot in the film isnt really there because the widescreen isnt wide enough for it.

The shot right after shes done her costume,she walks in her apartment passing by a sign that says HELLO THERE in neon.

She breaks two letters with a shoe heel and turns the HELLO THERE into HELL HERE.

but you dont quite see it.Bummer.

anyways i wouldve love to be stand-in for Keaton when she's on top of him and licks his face.

I find this film was the best example of German expressionism look.

It really gave the 'ol PG-13 rating a real workout with all the people in latex/leather/rubber animal costumes doing God awful things to one another on rooftops, that's for sure.

I remember renting Freejack's VHS tape over and over again to watch the preview of it. It had an awesome trailer for the time.

I actually thought Michelle Pfeiffer was really good.
Batman Returns couldn't contain her. Bo Welch's enormous sets couldn't "dwarf" her. She "stole" the movie right away from Batman even. Technically, this will always be original and only solo Catwoman movie to me.

She was cheesy. Hathaway was better.

I bought the Batman returns Bluray which is of course phenomenal for the grittiness,the set designs,costumes,Chris Walken and Michelle making me fall in love with leather.

The best shot in the film isnt really there because the widescreen isnt wide enough for it.

The shot right after shes done her costume,she walks in her apartment passing by a sign that says HELLO THERE in neon.

She breaks two letters with a shoe heel and turns the HELLO THERE into HELL HERE.

but you dont quite see it.Bummer.

anyways i wouldve love to be stand-in for Keaton when she's on top of him and licks his face.

I find this film was the best example of German expressionism look.

I noticed the Hell Here, too.

You can see it pretty clear when she's in the window.

I just watched Returns again, and keep thinking of how underrated the movie was.

Newmar is still in 1st place with 57 votes.

Hathaway is in 2nd place with 31 votes.

Pfeiffer is at a close 3rd place with 28 votes.

hm

The fact that Pffeiffererrffer is even that close to second place makes me :facepalm:

hm

The fact that Pffeiffererrffer is even that close to second place makes me :facepalm:

lol

Why you say that Dicey?

hm

lol

Why you say that Dicey?

Because putting her narrow assed figure up against the curvy powerhouses of Newmar and Hathaway is like having a boy in the contest. :facepalm:

hm

lol

Why you say that Dicey?

Because putting her narrow assed figure up against the curvy powerhouses of Newmar and Hathaway is like having a boy in the contest. :facepalm:

lol

hm

lol

Why you say that Dicey?

lol
Paging Annette Bening (Burton's first choice) then. :eyeroll: