• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marlon Brando RIP

24 posts in this topic

Although his career was not as notable as it was earlier in his career, he is still worthy of being recognized as a great actor.

Sad to hear of his passing.

RIP Marlon Brando. Long live The Godfather. I'm having a Godfather Trilogy movie get together this weekend to pay homage to one of the greatest actors to grace the silver screen. This is truly a sad day for us all. frown.gif

Ap. Now is one of the greatest movies ever made. Brando was brilliant (despite being a major pain in FFC's [!@#%^&^] during the production). He nailed the essence of the Kurtz character from the Conrad book.

Of course, the Godfather is a classic as well.

My favorite Brando performance though, was his turn as Stanley K. in "A Streetcar Named Desire". It's like Williams wrote that role specifically for him.

RIP Marlon Brando. frown.gif

As a kind of later gracenote to his career I liked the parody he did of his role in Godfather in "The Freshman". To me it showed a great sense of humor and playfulness, just in his willingness to reprise one of his greatest roles and poke a little fun at himself.

On the Waterfront, The Godfather, and Apocalypse Now are 3 of the greatest movies to ever come out of Hollywood. It's a shame that, in the last 20 years, he seems to have been largely forgotten. He was also one of the last of a generation of great actors, and he will be missed. frown.gif

Marlon Brando, James Dean and Montgomery Cliff - three actors who set the film world on it's ear. now, all gone - sad...........and for those who only knew Brando as a tubby in later life, grab a copy of Streetcar Named Desire and see what a Stud he was in his younger years....... 893applaud-thumb.gif

He was made an offer, he couldnt refuse....RIP