• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's Celebrate Joe Kubert!

59 posts in this topic

I think this is his best war cover

GICombat_78_Front_SA0001.jpg

I always thought that was a Russ Heath cover. doh!

Live and lurn!

It does scream "Kubert" now that I know differently and it sums up the futility of war that always seemed to come across in his work.

Edited by MedicAR

How's this for a 10,000th post? Nothing silly or frivolous, just a really sweet sketch by Joe Kubert. It took me 20 years to finally get a nice Sgt. Rock sketch from Mr. Kubert. I have been outbid more times than I care to think about and was even unable to convince him to do one through the mail. I always got my email from his school too late to get a sketch from him in one of his books, too. I really tried everything I could think of and finally won this one on eBay a little over a year ago.

Thanks again, Joe! You will be missed!

Sgt%20Rock%20007.jpg

How's this for a 10,000th post? Nothing silly or frivolous, just a really sweet sketch by Joe Kubert. It took me 20 years to finally get a nice Sgt. Rock sketch from Mr. Kubert. I have been outbid more times than I care to think about and was even unable to convince him to do one through the mail. I always got my email from his school too late to get a sketch from him in one of his books, too. I really tried everything I could think of and finally won this one on eBay a little over a year ago.

Sgt%20Rock%20007.jpg

That's an awesome 10,000th post! (thumbs u Thanks for showing your books signed by the great Joe Kubert. I was beginning to think that only Paratrooper and myself collected his SS books.

Sgt%20Rock%20007.jpg

That's an awesome 10,000th post! (thumbs u Thanks for showing your books signed by the great Joe Kubert. I was beginning to think that only Paratrooper and myself collected his SS books.

Thanks, I tend to do something silly on "milestone" posts but realized how close I was when I was posting in this thread.

My only regret is that I kept holding out for higher grade copies. I have a handful of books I still wanted to get done, in particular my DC Millennium Edition of Our Army at War. I'm developing a CGC SS collection of those and missed an incredible opportunity by holding out for better.

:sorry:

Sgt%20Rock%20007.jpg

Thanks, I tend to do something silly on "milestone" posts but realized how close I was when I was posting in this thread.

My only regret is that I kept holding out for higher grade copies. I have a handful of books I still wanted to get done, in particular my DC Millennium Edition of Our Army at War. I'm developing a CGC SS collection of those and missed an incredible opportunity by holding out for better.

:sorry:

I hear you on that. I probably have the most SS Kubert signed books, but they are are low grades except for a couple. I was going to try to get some high grade ones signed this year. But here's my pride and joy, from when I met the great Joe Kubert at the SF Wondercon. He signed this to me in honor of my late grandfather, who was a real-life Sergeant in the U.S. Army during World War Two. (thumbs u

IMG_3069.jpg[/img]