• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four

19 posts in this topic

I haven't bought any recent FF issues but I have been looking at the online previews of these issues and I must say that I am disappointed with the art work. How long has the current artist been on the FF series and do you think we will see a change shortly?

I personally love Ringo's stuff. I wasn't sure what to make of him on FF, but for whatever reason it works for me.

I love his stuff on FF... though it seems like you're the only other person to agree with that sentiment.

I think his stuff looks kinda "childish" myself.

I have to agree with this statement, it looks way too "cartoonish" for my liking. Reminds me of Archie comics and the Torch looks like Jughead.

So you prefer "ultra-detailed" Liefeld-esque art? insane.gif

I have to agree with this statement, it looks way too "cartoonish" for my liking. Reminds me of Archie comics and the Torch looks like Jughead.

Yea, definitely! flamed.gif

Yea, definitely! flamed.gif

27_laughing.gif I dig it... I don't know, for me, it's still high-quality, very "sophisticated" art. It's not the "Archie" art that everyone wants to make it out to be as it really is far more detailed and vastly more interesting to look at.

And Ringo's Thing is one of my favorites ever. 893applaud-thumb.gif

And the award for the best quote taken out-of-context is....

And Ringo's Thing is one of my favorites ever. 893applaud-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I knew someone was going to bust my balls on that one. 893frustrated.gif

Say, to continue our conversation from that OTHER thread... I just graduated from KU this semester and am currently living out in Olathe. I miss Lawrence, though! It's a great town... in fact, my friend is having her birthday party out on Mass tomorrow night. Beware, there will be lawyers afoot.

So, do you collect new issues? Do you get them from a store in Lawrence?? Both of the stores I remember were... well... quite [!@#%^&^] for issues both new and "back". harharhar!

I personally love Ringo's stuff. I wasn't sure what to make of him on FF, but for whatever reason it works for me.

Me too. I find his style to be really aesthetically pleasing. Not cutting edge, but soothing and upbeat. I like it.