• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Spidey Movie Thread -- Actually a question about the first one...

11 posts in this topic

Did it bother anyone else the way the movie depicted Spidey's web slinging ability? Going with the shoot-from-the-wrist way instead of the mechanical way, threw me a bit! I wonder why they went in that direction? I think it wouldve been better if they had Parker invent the shooters...showing off some of his genius! Anyone know why they handled it the other way??

For some reason they went with the "organic " approach.

I guess they wanted Peter to inherit all of the Spiders abilities.. webbing included.

But how then will Parker make, the myriad of different specialty webbings he is known for..

Asbestos..elastic..smoke... etc....

Can he alter his webbing in the movies depending on what he eats?

confused-smiley-013.gif

I guess they wanted Peter to inherit all of the Spiders abilities.. webbing included.

But how then will Parker make, the myriad of different specialty webbings he is known for..

confused-smiley-013.gif

On "Sex & The City" they said something about pineapple changing the flavor of a fella's webbing... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think it wouldve been better if they had Parker invent the shooters...showing off some of his genius!

If he is such a genius inventor then why is he always broke? confused-smiley-013.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

On "Sex & The City" they said something about pineapple changing the flavor of a fella's webbing... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

thanks...thats a lot of help! tongue.gif

I actually prefer the organic webbing.

It should have been this way in the comics.

He's a spider. He should be able to shoot a web.

thumbsup2.gif

"He shoots webs from these cans of stuff on his wrists."

sleeping.gif

I wonder why they went in that direction?

Here's the deal:

Movies are around 2 hours long, and in that time, Spider-man needed to provide a setup, show the origin, make the "Uncle Ben/Great Responsibility" payoff, intro the Green Goblin, and then have Spidey and Gobby fight a few battles, then have GG die in the climactic scene.

There was NO TIME to show Peter researching, designing and testing the webbing formula and shooters, especially in the depth it would take to make it believeable to the audience.

Movies are all about streamlining, getting to the core of the movie and slicing any of the excess fat off to make it a more direct and visceral experience.

Using Organic Webbing was one method of doing just that, and although I detest the "concept" I do respect the reasons why it was done. The movie would have ground to a halt (and went 10-15 minutes longer) had Pete designed, developed, and tested his own webbing and shooters.

I actually prefer the organic webbing.

It should have been this way in the comics.

He's a spider. He should be able to shoot a web.

thumbsup2.gif

"He shoots webs from these cans of stuff on his wrists."

sleeping.gif

I agree.

confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.gif... thouht it was spinach or lettuce? confused-smiley-013.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.gif... thouht it was spinach or lettuce? confused-smiley-013.gif

I think that was "Olive Oyl & The City", no? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif