• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead #101 Ghost Variant Store List

314 posts in this topic

I know where to order them online right now one place has them for $10ea. + Shipping and another place has them for $15ea. + shipping.

The place that's selling them for $10ea. doesn't have a limit of how many you can buy.

The place that has them $15ea., they first started selling them for $5ea. then they bumped the price up to $10ea. and now they're priced at $15ea. and the price is supposed to go up again when they open tomorrow morning. There was a limit of 10 per customer and now they just dropped it to 2 per customer.

And again, not one comic store in Melbourne has one.

Probably because without exception they didn't know it existed, just like Poyo.

They are mostly at Comics Pro board member shops.

Some Comics Pro member shops & a few lapsed member shops.

The entire scenario smacks of insider trading,

The standard wildly_fanciful_statement:

Shops were contacted by a mysterious "benefactor' allowing them "in" on the deal.

The scoop:

It was scheme concocted at a Comics Pro event with Kirkman's approval.

Gorgeous book ( I don't have them )

You would think for all you do for indy creators that Kirkman would have included you. It's a travesty of justice.

I know where to order them online right now one place has them for $10ea. + Shipping and another place has them for $15ea. + shipping.

The place that's selling them for $10ea. doesn't have a limit of how many you can buy.

The place that has them $15ea., they first started selling them for $5ea. then they bumped the price up to $10ea. and now they're priced at $15ea. and the price is supposed to go up again when they open tomorrow morning. There was a limit of 10 per customer and now they just dropped it to 2 per customer.

Where might that be?

They are mostly at Comics Pro board member shops.

Some Comics Pro member shops & a few lapsed member shops.

The entire scenario smacks of insider trading,

The standard wildly_fanciful_statement:

Shops were contacted by a mysterious "benefactor' allowing them "in" on the deal.

The scoop:

It was scheme concocted at a Comics Pro event with Kirkman's approval.

Gorgeous book ( I don't have them )

You would think for all you do for indy creators that Kirkman would have included you. It's a travesty of justice.

This story is just a rumor - and not even a true one. I wouldn't give too much credit to anyone claiming this is a ComicsPRO event. Obviously, the variant had Kirkman's approval (otherwise Image would not have printed it) - but the rumors swirling around this are false.

You can visit their website for a look at the process for creating the variant here: http://ghostvariant.tumblr.com

There may also be a list of participating retailers (at least partial) later in the day.

Chapel Hill Comics has them... Sucks that it's cover price for locals, but $12.00 for outsiders. Kinda wish I was in Raleigh for work this week.

http://chapel-hill-comics.myshopify.com/products/the-walking-dead-101-ghost-variant

Went ahead an got two.

Thanks for the Chapel Hill link.

(thumbs u