• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead #101 Ghost Variant Store List

314 posts in this topic

Ok.

Wasn't squirming at all. Just posting what I know from CBIA & ComicsPro forums.

Tinfoil hat, eh?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/08/15/the-mystery-of-the-walking-dead-ghost-variant-cover/

From what I read, it's not a ComicsPro variant like you said it was. So where was I wrong? Sounds like someone put together a variant, like you do. Said person let some other shops in on the variant, unlike you.

I would hardly call it the "standard wildly_fanciful_statement."

When did he call it a Comicspro Variant?

Your attitude around this release has made me sad that I've contributed to any of your exclusives. I want to feel sorry for you, but since you're pouting like my 2 year old I can't.

I'm also sure that the way you're handling this most likely means that you're going to be left out of any future "ghost variants" that may arise as the bleeding cool article states.

If you're that upset, go make a store exclusive cover for TWD and charge $75 for it. That way you can have some of your sense of entitlement back.

Tim,

I'm not pouting at all.

The variant is cool as hell.

My problem is with my retailer organization. There are 300+ of us.

30 members are involved in the it's NOT a ComicsPro variant.

270+ members are angry. The forum is exploding. It was suggested that a shared variant could have made the org vulnerable to anti trust laws, so a splinter group was formed.

I'm angry with the obvious ruse.

If you can't see that point, I don't know what to say.

Tim,

I'm not pouting at all.

The variant is cool as hell.

My problem is with my retailer organization. There are 300+ of us.

30 members are involved in the it's NOT a ComicsPro variant.

270+ members are angry. The forum is exploding. It was suggested that a shared variant could have made the org vulnerable to anti trust laws, so a splinter group was formed.

I'm angry with the obvious ruse.

If you can't see that point, I don't know what to say.

I can see that point, fair enough and what a headache.....

I feel like Diamond hired an armed, covert gov't team that arrived in black unmarked SUV's wearing black suits (and shades!) while handcuffed to a silver briefcase, to drop off the variants at undisclosed locations

:shrug:

This whole thing gives me that uneasy feeling, like the variant flood-gates have opened. But maybe that's just me reminiscing about the 90's....

Jerome

Ok.

Wasn't squirming at all. Just posting what I know from CBIA & ComicsPro forums.

Tinfoil hat, eh?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/08/15/the-mystery-of-the-walking-dead-ghost-variant-cover/

From what I read, it's not a ComicsPro variant like you said strongly insinuated it was. So where was I wrong? Sounds like someone put together a variant, like you do. Said person let some other shops in on the variant, unlike you.

I would hardly call it the "standard wildly_fanciful_statement."

When did he call it a Comicspro Variant?

There. Fixed my post.

Went to my LCS, Flying Color Comics in Concord, CA and they had about 50 of these. Face value for the first 2 as long as you buy a regular 101 cover. Anything after that is market value which he said was around $25. Problem was his whole stock had spine creases and ticks :(. Still picked up 2 though.