• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead #101 Ghost Variant Store List

314 posts in this topic

Hey there Ghostie..

Even if Mr Kirkman himself is the Ghost, the promotion is a ComicsPro inspired program. It started at the annual meeting.

It protects the organization from anti trust suits. It allows them use the org clout to obtain A list properties for other variants.

Smart.

Having every participant in the initial launch have strong ties to the org.

Dumb. As. Hell.

Every 10 is a good number. Or do like you said and actually make a good original cover.

+1 The ghost cover makes the reg cover almost irrelevant. Some collectors want to have the COOL cover and not feel bummed out about the reg 101 cover (you know... the one I pre-ordered - :facepalm:

Here's a list of all the shops that have them. I tried calling some of these places to what they were charing and most of the shops are selling them for $20 to $30 each and Speeding Bullet Comics is charging $50ea. for them!! There are some shops that are charging cover price for them in store but if try to order them via mail order they're bumping the price way up.

1. Earth-2 Comics

2. Casablanca Comics

3. Bridge City Comics

4. CornerStoreComics

5. Beach Ball Comics

6. Laughing Ogre

7. Another Dimension Comics

8. Fantasy Books and Games

9. Heroic Adventures

10. Fantasy Books

11. That’s Entertainment

12. Brave New Worlds

13. Strange Adventures Comix & Curiosities

14. Flying Colors Comics & Other Cool Stuff

15. Comic Oasis, NV

16. Muse Comics + Games

17. Chicago Comics

18. TATE’S Comics

19. Speeding Bullet Comics

20. Crush Comics

21. Bunjee’s Comics

22. Local Heroes

23. Austin Books & Comics

24. Main Street Comics

25. Keith’s Comics

26. Star Clipper

27. Comicopia

28. More Fun Comics and Games

I just want to get one, and frame it for a wall as its the best WD cover for a long,long time.

Anyhow get my regular TWD's today so see if one has mysteriously appeared downunder.

Doubt it.

Even if Mr Kirkman himself is the Ghost, the promotion is a ComicsPro inspired program. It started at the annual meeting.

It protects the organization from anti trust suits. It allows them use the org clout to obtain A list properties for other variants.

And your evidence for this statement is exactly what?

I believe i said:

"Even if "

No evidence. I said "IF"

However, last year in ComicsPro a couple of us offered to start a variant program for the organization. The program was dismissed because it could potentially open the organization to Anti trust suits.

An informal group of retailers organized by a "ghost" certainly solves that problem.

Chapel Hill Comics has them... Sucks that it's cover price for locals, but $12.00 for outsiders. Kinda wish I was in Raleigh for work this week.

http://chapel-hill-comics.myshopify.com/products/the-walking-dead-101-ghost-variant

SOLD OUT... dang. It's all us boardies!

All I'm saying is you paid more than $10 for it then there's a problem. the stores that do have them in my area are charging cover price. One per person though but I can't be bothered to drive around all day to buy one from each store. The store I did get it from had a stack with the regular books.

I've never shopped there before and they don't get my regular business so I wasn't going to be an azz about it. I grabbed one copy and another for a store I do shop at.

5561870A-CC3D-4D3D-BA15-D119425B5CB1-896-000001BFC9CA3817.jpg

All I'm saying is you paid more than $10 for it then there's a problem. the stores that do have them in my area are charging cover price. One per person though but I can't be bothered to drive around all day to buy one from each store. The store I did get it from had a stack with the regular books.

I've never shopped there before and they don't get my regular business so I wasn't going to be an azz about it. I grabbed one copy and another for a store I do shop at.

5561870A-CC3D-4D3D-BA15-D119425B5CB1-896-000001BFC9CA3817.jpg

If feel you. If I didn't buy two @ $12 I wouldn't have gotten any (no LCS - in the next town).