• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top Schomburg Covers
2 2

184 posts in this topic

I still have to choose All Select #1 as one of the best.

I have to agree with West. I gotta say MMC 40 is pretty special. And some of those Mystics and Darings are truly awesome. I put Suspense 3 high on the list, but I don't have one :cry: *spoon* there are so many great covers!

My two favorite Schomburg air brushes:

Wonder15CGC85FC.jpg

And since Jeff is being modest on his Startling 49.

Startling49CGC85FC.jpg

NICE CURT

I don't think there ARE any "bad" Schomburg covers.......For me, there are so many ties that my top ten would probably be a hundred books lol ......but that Wonder 15 has been on my radar for years.....so bizarre. I love Timely's but I am also VERY fond of the Nedors....especially the Startling's....ALL of them. I wonder what a nice treat a Schomburg Planet cover would have been....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I still have to choose All Select #1 as one of the best.

I have to agree with West. I gotta say MMC 40 is pretty special. And some of those Mystics and Darings are truly awesome. I put Suspense 3 high on the list, but I don't have one :cry: *spoon* there are so many great covers!

My two favorite Schomburg air brushes:

Wonder15CGC85FC.jpg

And since Jeff is being modest on his Startling 49.

Startling49CGC85FC.jpg

NICE CURT

Great books!

I never realized until seeing pictures of these issues side-by-side just how similar these two covers are.

Human Torch 2 was the first Schomburg cover comic I ever purchased and it will always hold a special place in my eyes :cloud9:

torch2-1.jpg

Me too. I had a copy for over thirty years. Sold it to Terry's Comics and bought another which I sold to Dave's American Comics.

I like some of the Cap covers and a few others better but it does have a special place.

Human Torch 2 was the first Schomburg cover comic I ever purchased and it will always hold a special place in my eyes :cloud9:

torch2-1.jpg

Me too. I had a copy for over thirty years. Sold it to Terry's Comics and bought another which I sold to Dave's American Comics.

I like some of the Cap covers and a few others better but it does have a special place.

I made a tiny edit correction. Sub-Mariner 18 was my first ever Schomburg comic. I bought an incomplete copy for $5 :o It had covers, 1st, 2nd wraps and the three nearest centerfolds.I still have it, but it has since donated it's centerfold to a CFO copy. My original Torch 2 resides in the Billy Parker collection (thumbs u