• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

getting price gouged, i feel like i need a shower...

320 posts in this topic

When I was in 7th grade, I was bullied by two eighth graders. I took up boxing and gradually gained the strength to protect myself. But not without a cost. In a tournament, I took a blow to the nose from someone perhaps more desperate than myself.

Though, I remained standing. I believe the first round was a draw and he won the next two. Sitting next to him before the match, I thought that I could easily take him. He had long hair. One of the first that I saw. Longhairs aren't strong.

I'm pretty sure that's the plot to Karate Kid.

I just had to throw out some non-organic cherry tomatoes and snap peas. They rotted a little quickly.

I'm making dinner right now. And I thought that I was starting my own thread only to find out that I am here.

So in parting, may the beautiful beat of the Goddess's heart, the sound, fill us... the rest of our days with kindness.

When I was in 7th grade, I was bullied by two eighth graders. I took up boxing and gradually gained the strength to protect myself. But not without a cost. In a tournament, I took a blow to the nose from someone perhaps more desperate than myself.

Though, I remained standing. I believe the first round was a draw and he won the next two. Sitting next to him before the match, I thought that I could easily take him. He had long hair. One of the first that I saw. Longhairs aren't strong.

I'm pretty sure that's the plot to Karate Kid.

No, although he was VERY similar :o

Slightly worse temper but even if we lost, he didnt put his hands thru a car window in the parking lot. he'd just make us run stairs until someone puked :cloud9:

I just had to throw out some non-organic cherry tomatoes and snap peas. They rotted a little quickly.

I'm making dinner right now. And I thought that I was starting my own thread only to find out that I am here.

So in parting, may the beautiful beat of the Goddess's heart, the sound, fill us... the rest of our days with kindness.

You're trying too hard. It's not funny or weird when you try this hard.

You're trying too hard. It's not funny or weird when you try this hard.

He may not be trying at all. Might just be the meds talking.

actually what Agatha is trying to say is that she or he is Buddhist, correct ?

No meds involved, only vodka.

Maybe I work a little too hard on things. But I'm glad I got the blessing out. It really wasn't that much work.

I do want to leave you with something and I hope it doesn't get this thread cancelled or me expelled. If you've not already checked out Riot, the feminist punk band in Russia, go to YouTube and watch their "prayer."

They dress a little like Spider-Man or Bat woman. Maybe a little more more colorful. And they are just as strong.

They are challenging a force greater than many superheroes have faced.

You know what's worse than this thread, getting pwn'd by the comic gods. Seller emailed me and said "Opps, was going to ship this book and we can't find it, sorry".

:roflmao:

Seriously?!? That's awesome! :grin:

Now you can pay $36, like everyone else. :baiting:

thought about that but figured na, next time i'll pay more for good measure... lol

Thats the spirit and laugh at yourself that goes a long way around here :thumbsup:

People can be mean on these boards. I'm not sure why this is. I've been away for about three months. I check back in and see this.

I wonder if the meanness comes because so many comic books are based on violence. This imagery has to enter our minds. And then our speech.

An amazing character is Wendy, the Good Little Witch. She and Casper are good, true friends. They are kind to each other and to all living and non-living beings.

I'm going to take another very long break from these boards. And just enjoy the comic books I have.

Some boardies tend to be mean on a regular basis; essentially, bullies. Deep down, bullies are scared and vulnerable. The meanness is a facade. Though it can be hurtful, it has no real substance.

If you were on a row boat in a lake and another row boat with nobody on board bumped into you, you wouldn't be upset, would you? It's hard to hold an empty boat responsible. Bullies are like that. No-one is home. And they are blindly bumping into people.

For my well-being, I decided to get away from the empty row boat.

FDQ fail.

Welcome back though. :hi:

I was interested in this book from the same seller

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-ADVENTURES-16-CGC-9-6-OWW-PAGES-DARK-OF-HALLOWEEN-/120810269095?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c20da69a7

Then i saw they don't accept paypal even though it's against eBay rules (tsk)

Item reported.

That dude has some very, VERY optimistic prices on his Avengers books! :screwy:

I dunno...if they were static prices I might agree, but he has make an offer enabled so I can't hold it against him for having his initial prices a bit high.

One of the bad things about having make an offer enabled is the insane amount of low ball offers you get with buyers demanding you sell them the book at their price.

One of the bad things about having make an offer enabled is the insane amount of low ball offers you get with buyers demanding you sell them the book at their price.

I never understood this complaint... you can set a floor for your offers to auto-reject them below a certain threshold.

I list a book for a $400 BIN with "best offer" and I can set two provisions:

1) Auto accept an offer at ____ ammount and above (say $350

2) Auto reject offers below _____ amount (Say $300)

that way I dont have to worry about missing an offer I would have taken when Im not around to accept their best offer. And I dont have to wade thru all the lowballs (or at least lower than Im willing to tolerate.

when you pay the ebay commission you are paying to use their tools, I dont understand why people dont actually use the full extent of the tools they are paying for when the sell on ebay...

I never understood this complaint... you can set a floor for your offers to auto-reject them below a certain threshold.

I list a book for a $400 BIN with "best offer" and I can set two provisions:

1) Auto accept an offer at ____ ammount and above (say $350

2) Auto reject offers below _____ amount (Say $300)

that way I dont have to worry about missing an offer I would have taken when Im not around to accept their best offer. And I dont have to wade thru all the lowballs (or at least lower than Im willing to tolerate.

when you pay the ebay commission you are paying to use their tools, I dont understand why people dont actually use the full extent of the tools they are paying for when the sell on ebay...

People can contact you through ebay's messaging system regardless of what you have set as your lowest offer accepted.