• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

getting price gouged, i feel like i need a shower...

320 posts in this topic

Oh, and the next time you start a thread, can you please also indicate how you need us to respond?

It'll help smooth the waters. (thumbs u

future reference, this is not the prefered way. thanks

Exactly. The proper response would have been

"Andy, you don't look fat in those jeans."

Your big red Cadillac is peeking out the garage door.

I think you should out this nefarious scoundrel whose counter-offer you accepted. Maybe it's one of our own. hm

We need a good witchunt before the summer ends.

Should i get the torches ready ?

The windmill is pretty close you know.

Oh wait thats Frankenstein.

Witch,witch,witch..

oh yeah here we go.

Oh, and the next time you start a thread, can you please also indicate how you need us to respond?

But what if you do?

two things help me decide if Im ok with overpaying vs past sales...

Turnaround Time

If I know Im selling the books in the short term I fret over spending an extra $20.

If Im not intending to sell the book (My lanterns, my Ladies in White) for a loooong time, I dont worry about an extra $20.

Market Availability

If a new copy is coming on the market every week (X-men #141, Nick Fury #1) I beat myself up over $20

If there have been just a few sales per year in any grade, then I dont worry about spending an extra $20 for a book that rarely hits the market.

But what if you do?

This is not an "express your opinion", "give advice" or the "totally off topic anecdotal" thread, it's the "answer as I want you to" thread. :sumo:

My want list is usually so vast and wide-spread, I can usually afford to wait until the right book shows up at the right price. Sadly, my want list is so big, I'm always buying books.

But what if you do?

This is not an "express your opinion", "give advice" or the "totally off topic anecdotal" thread, it's the "answer as I want you to" thread. :sumo:

actually, when creating it, i more thought of it as the "don't repond like condescending or inconsiderate troll" thread but it would seem several individuals are not capable of interacting with people with any consideration of others.

anyway if a moderator exists please just delete this whole thread. i have no interest in getting my balls busted by anonymous internet tough-guys who think it's more fun to sit behind a computer screen and belittle me than have the decency to be polite.

to the few that were actually considerate thank you.

two things help me decide if Im ok with overpaying vs past sales...

Turnaround Time

If I know Im selling the books in the short term I fret over spending an extra $20.

If Im not intending to sell the book (My lanterns, my Ladies in White) for a loooong time, I dont worry about an extra $20.

Market Availability

If a new copy is coming on the market every week (X-men #141, Nick Fury #1) I beat myself up over $20

If there have been just a few sales per year in any grade, then I dont worry about spending an extra $20 for a book that rarely hits the market.

You sir, are on point. Agreed.

But what if you do?

Its a sad fact of life that once again,the only person in the thread who doesnt acknowledge it,is of course,the guy who initiated the thread.

You know the one who has the line learning the ropes right under his forum name.

But what if you do?

Its a sad fact of life that once again,the only person in the thread who doesnt acknowledge it,is of course,the guy who initiated the thread.

You know the one who has the line learning the ropes right under his forum name.

If you're going to post drivel on a public forum you takes your chances (thumbs u

actually, when creating it, i more thought of it as the "don't repond like condescending or inconsiderate troll" thread but it would seem several individuals are not capable of interacting with people with any consideration of others.

lol Is this how you react in the real world when someone doesn't act or say what you want them to? Talk about being incapable of interacting with others :facepalm:

But what if you do?

anyway if a moderator exists please just delete this whole thread. i have no interest in getting my balls busted by anonymous internet tough-guys who think it's more fun to sit behind a computer screen and belittle me than have the decency to be polite.

Cool tantrum, bro.

It's not a big deal. I just find it funny. I lurked for over a year before I started posting. I love the guys that come on with guns a-blazing. I just like them to be relevant, interesting or super-dumb. All of those lead to entertainment.

This thread isn't as entertaining as what ended up in the bowl this morning.

Here are some suggestions on how to make up that "price gouge" $20:

(1) Work a couple more hours next week.

(2) Negotiate better allowance for security duty in Mom's basement.

(3) Sell copper wire out of high end blow up doll.

(4) Bet a nurse practitioner $20 on how high your standing BP is.

Cool tantrum, bro.

545bf9b3.jpg

It's not a big deal. I just find it funny. I lurked for over a year before I started posting. I love the guys that come on with guns a-blazing. I just like them to be relevant, interesting or super-dumb. All of those lead to entertainment.

This thread isn't as entertaining as what ended up in the bowl this morning.

Here are some suggestions on how to make up that "price gouge" $20:

(1) Work a couple more hours next week.

(2) Negotiate better allowance for security duty in Mom's basement.

(3) Sell copper wire out of high end blow up doll.

(4) Bet a nurse practitioner $20 on how high your standing BP is.

lol

lol Is this how you react in the real world when someone doesn't act or say what you want them to? Talk about being incapable of interacting with others :facepalm:

This really has nothing to do with people saying "what i want them to say" but I do prefer someone saying nothing if they don't have something nice to say. The old saying, "if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all" type of thing.

The people I interact with in the "real world" (the internet is real too imo) treat one another with respect. That said I don't think my reaction to all the snarky comments is out of line.

That said I was clearly in the wrong for making this thread. It was suppposed to be a little funny, hence the title about "needing a shower" and a minor vent that apparently got WAY out of hand.

I am sorry for posting it.