• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

getting price gouged, i feel like i need a shower...

320 posts in this topic

Census shows only 98 in 9.8...

Re-read this twenty times and tell me what's wrong with what you just said.

Enjoy the books, though! Glad you nailed it.

I'm not entirely sure, I think you are saying that 98 of these books is a lot and it would be easy to get? That seems like a really low number to me and I assumed they don't come up for sale too often. I figured there are more than 100 people in the world trying to put together the same run of 9.8 Wolverine coimcs that I am (shrug)

Or is that not what you mean?

Yeah I think that for most people, seeing 90 plus slabbed copies of a 9.8 book on census is a lot. Plenty of bronze collectors out there would kill for there to be 10% of that number... and when you get to old books 90 total books on census of a particular GA book would be amazing...

There are 295 "collections" of Wolverine over on the CGC registry boards. And less than 30 of them look like they are really working on a full set (most just have a few keys). So 90+ 9.8 copies being consumed by 30 serious set collectors should mean there's plenty out there moving around from time to time... (granted there are those collectors who dont register their books on the CGC collections space).

so I think thats the :o about complaining about there only being 98 9.8s

oh well i do have thin skin. maybe it's because i quit smoking cigarettes.

Good for you. I quite like a month or so ago, and I've managed to stop punting the dog around the back yard when someone cuts me off in traffic. So I know how it goes being on edge. Keep it up.

Dude.....Why do you have traffic in your back yard??? (shrug)

Given a choice of getting a book now for an extra $20, or spending hours on the internet looking for another one, I'll drop the $20 anytime. You are now one book away from achieving your goal. Thats got to be worth more than $20 to you, no?

One thing that's easy to remember here is that most on this board are just having some lighthearted fun. There are a couple of guys on here who take themselves waaaay too seriously and they get into these little squabbles pretty regularly.

This board has the most insightful and knowledgeable comic fans on the net and most of those that reply to your posting with sarcasm are doing so because they've heard your particular situation over and over again. I don't think anyone that responded was out of line or being offensive towards you. It might help if you picture everyone that responded to you as having a smile on their face with a Rocket Raccoon t-shirt on.

I've paid waaay more on some original art than had been sold cheaper previously, but i love it and it makes me happy. No one forced me to do it.

You weren't gouged. You just paid a little more than the guy before you. There may very well be a guy after you that pays more than that if it's something he really wants at that moment.

Also, any common modern with 90+ 9.8's is going to pop up pretty frequently. Not only that, but in the case of wolverine, there are probably thousands of raw 9.8's that aren't getting slabbed because it's not worth it. If you pay an extra $20 or whatever you are paying for the convenience of instant gratification versus waiting on a cheaper one to pop up.

To sum up, everyone here loves you and WTTB.

Given a choice of getting a book now for an extra $20, or spending hours on the internet looking for another one, I'll drop the $20 anytime. You are now one book away from achieving your goal. Thats got to be worth more than $20 to you, no?

I look at it that way, too. I don't mind overpaying a bit for convenience - sometimes you overpay, sometimes you underpay. I like to think it all works out.

Oh, and the next time you start a thread, can you please also indicate how you need us to respond?

It'll help smooth the waters. (thumbs u

future reference, this is not the prefered way. thanks

Exactly. The proper response would have been

"Andy, you don't look fat in those jeans."

But what if you do?

This is not an "express your opinion", "give advice" or the "totally off topic anecdotal" thread, it's the "answer as I want you to" thread. :sumo:

actually, when creating it, i more thought of it as the "don't repond like condescending or inconsiderate troll" thread but it would seem several individuals are not capable of interacting with people with any consideration of others.

anyway if a moderator exists please just delete this whole thread. i have no interest in getting my balls busted by anonymous internet tough-guys who think it's more fun to sit behind a computer screen and belittle me than have the decency to be polite.

to the few that were actually considerate thank you.

My prediction for you...Butthurt

...climaxing in a crescendo of a FDQ Exit, the likes of which this board has not seen.

...in months.

...and popcorn :popcorn:

...lots of popcorn :popcorn:

I look at it that way, too. I don't mind overpaying a bit for convenience - sometimes you overpay, sometimes you underpay. I like to think it all works out.

+1

Oh, and the next time you start a thread, can you please also indicate how you need us to respond?

But what if you do?

This is not an "express your opinion", "give advice" or the "totally off topic anecdotal" thread, it's the "answer as I want you to" thread. :sumo:

actually, when creating it, i more thought of it as the "don't repond like condescending or inconsiderate troll" thread but it would seem several individuals are not capable of interacting with people with any consideration of others.

anyway if a moderator exists please just delete this whole thread. i have no interest in getting my balls busted by anonymous internet tough-guys who think it's more fun to sit behind a computer screen and belittle me than have the decency to be polite.

...climaxing in a crescendo of a FDQ Exit, the likes of which this board has not seen.

...in months.

Good thing he didn't ask you for advice :baiting:

But what if you do?

...in months.

You guys were overly harsh on the noob right out of the gate and you should all be ashamed.

Being price gouged is when you pay an extra couple Gs to get that key HG SA book or MG GA book.

Get back to us when you are spending more than lunch money on books.

:insane:

Okay I am joking. Welcome to the boards. It is worth it to complete the collection/ run. Sure you overpaid but if you enjoy the books it is well worth it.

You guys were overly harsh on the noob right out of the gate and you should all be ashamed.

Yeah, were were you this morning? This episode had your name written all over it.

But what if you do?

...in months.

What happened to Dice...can you ask him to come back?

I probably wasn't clear before. The "Teasing" as one poster called it, isn't appreciated. I mean I thought that was obvious in several of my replies but in case it wasn't I will be clearer.

I sincerially mean this, please stop it. I don't appreciate it. I appologized for having too thin skin and for making the thread in the first please. Continuing to provoke me is imature and hurtfull.

Please, in all sincerity, stop it. Thank you.

But what if you do?

...in months.

This is a new hat. I call it Patronizing Dice. hm

I probably wasn't clear before. The "Teasing" as one poster called it, isn't appreciated. I mean I thought that was obvious in several of my replies but in case it wasn't I will be clearer.

I sincerially mean this, please stop it. I don't appreciate it. I appologized for having too thin skin and for making the thread in the first please. Continuing to provoke me is imature and hurtfull.

nelson-haha.gif

But what if you do?

...in months.

(tsk)

I mean this in all sincerity. You should stop reading this thread. Any helpful replies have already been given. Nothing that transpires from here on out is going to be to your liking. It's not that people are mean per se. But your reply is really just like poking a hornet's nest.